You go Girl! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Plans Bill to Boost Top Individual Tax Rate to 59%

Personally, I don't see the downside in taxing unrealized cap gains that are not held in retirement accounts like Iras or 401ks or pension plans. People can still itemize and take losses if their earnings are enough to not just take the "humongous" standard deduction that Moscow Mitch and Trump have generously allowed us … while cutting the 1%'s taxes even further.

Although I didn't see anything wrong in not taxing unrealized cap gains until people died either, with not taxing any estate under 4-5 million. But I don't see why the 1% needs a totally free ride either.

PS, I think the tax code more rewarded investing to get the best return before Moscow Mitch changed the rules to benefit the party elite, but … that was the gop's decision

Last edited:
Yes intelligent people who are educated are Democrats, unless they are totally bought off. Reagan started making public universities expensive and now there is absolutely no competition as far as the expense goes. Before Reagan we had plenty of basically free state universities. It is all the blacks fault LOL and the professors LOL.
Reagan hasn't been in office for decades. What have the democrats been doing to keep the cost of a college education down? Oh wait, that's right. Democrats are useless.
As long as half the country are brainwashed functional morons like you, our worst inequality and upward Mobility ever anywhere will continue to get worse and worse. Reagan policies and tax rates are just fine under your scumbag propagandizing a****** GOP Insanity. Everything you know is wrong..... Only media owned by Rupert Murdoch agrees with your crap.... And your demagogue radio ex Coke head DJ radio pundits....
Wow, that was easy. With no effort at all, I got you spouting all your talking points at once. And since I don't own any "demagogue radio ex Coke head DJ radio pundits", you're obviously raving.
My talking points are known as reality everywhere in the world but your ridiculous scumbag GOP propaganda machine, brainwashed functional moron.
Yeah, the echo chamber. I told you about it, but you didn't learn.
yes yes, super duper, the echo chamber is the entire world of respected journalists law enforcement and the educated. Only your bought off propagandists in GOP World USA know the truth. Brainwashed functional moron LOL

Yes intelligent people who are educated are Democrats, unless they are totally bought off. Reagan started making public universities expensive and now there is absolutely no competition as far as the expense goes. Before Reagan we had plenty of basically free state universities. It is all the blacks fault LOL and the professors LOL.
Reagan hasn't been in office for decades. What have the democrats been doing to keep the cost of a college education down? Oh wait, that's right. Democrats are useless.
As long as half the country are brainwashed functional morons like you, our worst inequality and upward Mobility ever anywhere will continue to get worse and worse. Reagan policies and tax rates are just fine under your scumbag propagandizing a****** GOP Insanity. Everything you know is wrong..... Only media owned by Rupert Murdoch agrees with your crap.... And your demagogue radio ex Coke head DJ radio pundits....
Wow, that was easy. With no effort at all, I got you spouting all your talking points at once. And since I don't own any "demagogue radio ex Coke head DJ radio pundits", you're obviously raving.
My talking points are known as reality everywhere in the world but your ridiculous scumbag GOP propaganda machine, brainwashed functional moron.
Well if public opinion about supporting state colleges and universities with tax dollars raised progressively is changing back to where it was when I was blessed with getting my 4 year degree, I'd say …. good.

25 Years of Declining State Support for Public Colleges

yes yes, super duper, the echo chamber is the entire world of respected journalists law enforcement and the educated. Only your bought off propagandists in GOP World USA know the truth. Brainwashed functional moron LOL
Well, since you didn't learn it the first time, you're doomed to repeat your error ad infinitum. Now, you've diverted long enough. What have the democrats done to keep the cost of higher education down in this country? Be specific and your standard propaganda doesn't count.

Personally, I don't see the downside in taxing unrealized cap gains that are not held in retirement accounts like Iras or 401ks or pension plans. People can still itemize and take losses if their earnings are enough to not just take the "humongous" standard deduction that Moscow Mitch and Trump have generously allowed us … while cutting the 1%'s taxes even further.
Do you consider driving even more long term capital investment offshore than we already do a "downside"? because that is exactly what taxing unrealized cap gains will accomplish.

Why would you want to invest long term in the U.S. if you're facing a guaranteed taxation based haircut on returns each and every year; why not just just take your long term capital investments overseas where you're not facing such a gigantic disadvantage?

That bitch knows what she is doing
Long overdue

Also tax Capital Gains at the same rate as personal income
The princess must first bludgeon the blue collar paycheck if she wants to justify stealing from others as well, i.e. to sell this she must go after the real target first [working class] and then demand to now why the working class should pay so much in taxes while the rich only pay billions...then she just has to yell sic'em to the base...
...the working class and the rich fight with each other...
...the blacks and whites fight with each other
...the citizens and the immigrants fight with each other...
...the white liberals seize power
You must not be listening

AOC is standing up for the worker and is not advocating higher taxes on the working class. She is demanding higher wages, better healthcare, low cost education

Right, and demanding somebody else pay for it.
Yup

Time to start the trickling down

Thomas Sowell.jpeg

Do you consider driving even more long term capital investment offshore than we already do a "downside"? because that is exactly what taxing unrealized cap gains will accomplish.

Why would you want to invest long term in the U.S. if you're facing a guaranteed taxation based haircut on returns each and every year; why not just just take your long term capital investments overseas where you're not facing such a gigantic disadvantage?
The capital was not driven offshore before the gop changed the rules on cap gains and the estate tax. AOC is nuts, but I'm not dissing dems for trying to claw back what the gop gifted to the 1%

I'd prefer repealing the entire gop personal tax bill and just reinstating an estate tax that only applies to estates worth 5 million or more, and is set at the same level as the highest income tax rate.

The capital was not driven offshore before the gop changed the rules on cap gains and the estate tax. AOC is nuts, but I'm not dissing dems for trying to claw back what the gop gifted to the 1%

I'd prefer repealing the entire gop personal tax bill and just reinstating an estate tax that only applies to estates worth 5 million or more, and is set at the same level as the highest income tax rate.

Then people will just find a place for 4.8 million.

The Democrats are under the illusion that when they go to take the rich mans money, he takes his thumb and holds his pockets open to make it easier on them. The number one priority for the wealthy is finding ways to keep what they made, so they will always find a way.

When somebody takes a little less of your property, it's hardly considered a gift.

That bitch knows what she is doing
Long overdue

Also tax Capital Gains at the same rate as personal income
The princess must first bludgeon the blue collar paycheck if she wants to justify stealing from others as well, i.e. to sell this she must go after the real target first [working class] and then demand to now why the working class should pay so much in taxes while the rich only pay billions...then she just has to yell sic'em to the base...

AOC is standing up for the worker and is not advocating higher taxes on the working class. She is demanding higher wages, better healthcare, low cost education

Yup

View attachment 290523
Sorry but the ultra wealthy reap the overwhelming percentage of the capital in this country. Infrastructure, education, police and fire, the legal system, military.....

All benefit the ultra wealthy more than working Americans.

Expecting them to pick up the tab is not asking too much

The Democrats are under the illusion that when they go to take the rich mans money, he takes his thumb and holds his pockets open to make it easier on them. The number one priority for the wealthy is finding ways to keep what they made, so they will always find a way.

When somebody takes a little less of your property, it's hardly considered a gift.
Again, I'd agree that AOC is a little nuts, but not taxing the 1% ANYTHING on cap gains NEVER drove them offshore. All we did was let Moscow Mitch give his party elite extra shugah.

Again, I'd agree that AOC is a little nuts, but not taxing the 1% ANYTHING on cap gains NEVER drove them offshore. All we did was let Moscow Mitch give his party elite extra shugah.

So when was their capital gains never taxed? It's not taxed while they're holding the stock, it's taxed when they sell it and reap the profit.

Yup

View attachment 290523
Sorry but the ultra wealthy reap the overwhelming percentage of the capital in this country. Infrastructure, education, police and fire, the legal system, military.....

How does it benefit them more than working Americans? The wealthy have no need for Social Security or Medicare, yet they pay for it their entire lives. They drive on the same roads as we do. They don't need emergency services more than people who live in higher crime areas.

The top 20% of Americans pay over 80% of all collected income taxes. If 80% is not enough, how much should they be paying?

When was the cap gains rate ever zero?

Yup

View attachment 290523

How does it benefit them more than working Americans? The wealthy have no need for Social Security or Medicare, yet they pay for it their entire lives. They drive on the same roads as we do. They don't need emergency services more than people who live in higher crime areas.

The top 20% of Americans pay over 80% of all collected income taxes. If 80% is not enough, how much should they be paying?
And we cannot forget that there simply isn't enough income among the wealthy to fund much of anything the democrats are squawking about creating. This is much more about wealth envy than funding the government.

Democrats: Tax and spend

Republicans: Borrow and spend

We get the politicians we deserve.
If there's no estate tax, cap gains on the 1% is NEVER taxed

What are you talking about? Do you guys have any clue what you are talking about? Why should anyone pay a tax on something they haven't realized? That is just plain idiocy.

When was the cap gains rate ever zero?
When does an estate pay cap gains?

What are you talking about? Do you guys have any clue what you are talking about? Why should anyone pay a tax on something they haven't realized? That is just plain idiocy.
When is it realized?

Yes intelligent people who are educated are Democrats, unless they are totally bought off.

You are so far off base it is borderline sad. Educational indoctrination is working. There are a ton of college graduates working at jobs that do not require a degree who are far from "intelligent". I link success with intelligence, not education. Republicans make more money on average. That should tell you everything. The educational system is turning out a bunch of indoctrinated robots.

"Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrats.

Interestingly, the median household income in the United States is $49,777 — right near the point where the Democratic advantage disappears and the Republicans take over.

While Democrats lose support as income increases, there seems to be a tipping point where the ultra-wealthy begin leaning Democratic. The most famous example would be the entertainment industry, where star-studded events have become a significant part of Democratic culture.

But this phenomenon is not limited to Hollywood. A review of the 20 richest Americans, as listed by Forbes Magazine, found that 60 percent affiliate with the Democratic Party, including the top three individuals: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison. Among the riches families, the Democratic advantage rises even higher, to 75 percent."

The reason the ultra-wealthy are liberal is easy. It makes them feel good to give money and for it not to affect their lifestyles. The average person and even wealthier families(by Democrats definition) do not have this luxury. Higher taxes prevents them from buying the luxury car they feel like they deserve from working hard and "making it." My guess is the majority of liberals on this board are average at best income earners.

When is it realized?

When said asset is sold. If it is never sold, it is never realized. Having $5 million worth of stock doesn't help you much in your day to day life unless i t is sold. If you have $5 million in the bank and are earning interest, you pay tax on that gain, provided you don't have losses to offset them.

When is it realized?

When said asset is sold. If it is never sold, it is never realized. Having $5 million worth of stock doesn't help you much in your day to day life unless i t is sold. If you have $5 million in the bank and are earning interest, you pay tax on that gain, provided you don't have losses to offset them.
What if it's not sold and passes to heirs?

Forum List

Back