You can now legally do heroin, meth, and cocaine in Oregon

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Voters in Oregon approved a ballot measure Tuesday that will decriminalize the possession of small amounts of harder street drugs including but not limited to heroin, methamphetamines and cocaine.

With more than 70 percent of expected votes reported on the Oregon state website, Measure 110 lead with nearly 60 percent of the vote. The ballot measure would mean that the possession of a "non-commercial" amount of a number of drugs, which varies in amount by type, would be punishable by no more than a $100 fine. Violators can also opt to complete a health assessment for drug addiction instead of paying a fine."

Well it's about time....

Nothing keeps poor people's minds off of their being extremely poor like heroin, meth, and cocaine. I expect a hard-drug program similar to 'Food Stamps' (mail-order govt provided / tax payer-funded heroin, meth, and cocaine) to be started soon....

:p

I have mixed feelings on hard drugs like meth or heroin, but - one point sticks out.

It's not exactly wholesale delegalizing. It's decriminalizing the POSESSION of SMALL amounts.

I think that might be good. Those people aren't the problem. It's the dealers and the producers.

Its been legal to do, if you arent public. The possession of it, was the criminal act. So now, instead of jail, they get rehab.
Why are you statists crying so fucking much about it?

I have mixed feelings on hard drugs like meth or heroin, but - one point sticks out.

It's not exactly wholesale delegalizing. It's decriminalizing the POSESSION of SMALL amounts.

I think that might be good. Those people aren't the problem. It's the dealers and the producers.
the people aren't the problem?.....who twists their arms to go out and buy the stuff?...

I consider this a step toward liberty.

The users are not the problem, although the users do have a problem.

There needs to be a shift in tax spending toward treatment instead of all the bullshit spending on private jail facilities.

It has been my experience that about 99.9% of all drug addicts don't wanna be addicts.

We've come so far !

Imagine what America will look like in 50 years......100 years.

Grateful I won't be here to endure it.

All the best.....is in the past

Its been legal to do, if you arent public. The possession of it, was the criminal act. So now, instead of jail, they get rehab.

Exactly. Far to many people are in jail for relatively minor offenses like that.

I consider this a step toward liberty.

The users are not the problem, although the users do have a problem.

There needs to be a shift in tax spending toward treatment instead of all the bullshit spending on private jail facilities.

It has been my experience that about 99.9% of all drug addicts don't wanna be addicts.
Good god...we agree on something! Totally agree.

And it's like someone once told me - no one wakes up one morning and decides, hey, I'm going to become an addict.

"Voters in Oregon approved a ballot measure Tuesday that will decriminalize the possession of small amounts of harder street drugs including but not limited to heroin, methamphetamines and cocaine.

With more than 70 percent of expected votes reported on the Oregon state website, Measure 110 lead with nearly 60 percent of the vote. The ballot measure would mean that the possession of a "non-commercial" amount of a number of drugs, which varies in amount by type, would be punishable by no more than a $100 fine. Violators can also opt to complete a health assessment for drug addiction instead of paying a fine."

Well it's about time....

Nothing keeps poor people's minds off of their being extremely poor like heroin, meth, and cocaine. I expect a hard-drug program similar to 'Food Stamps' (mail-order govt provided / tax payer-funded heroin, meth, and cocaine) to be started soon....

Good. In case you haven’t noticed, the war on drugs has been an enormous costly failure resulting in numerous horrific consequences.

The entire west coast went for biden. They deserve all the get...

the people aren't the problem?.....who twists their arms to go out and buy the stuff?...

People buy all kinds of things. What should determine if it's illegal? The users are as often victims. All the money spent on this can instead be utilized for more serious issues and that is where the meth producers and dealers come in.

Well it's about time....

Good. In case you haven’t noticed, the war on drugs has been an enormous costly failure resulting in numerous horrific consequences.
Well, when a President gives Mexican Drug Cartels thousands of automatic weapons and grenades, how hard are you REALLY 'fighting' a 'war' on drugs coming into our country?

This is about as thoughtless an argument as a human being could make.
You have completely omitted/ignored the countless lives saved and enormous benefit to society of limiting drug addiction/use.

And another one......
People buy all kinds of things. What should determine if it's illegal? The users are as often victims. All the money spent on this can instead be utilized for more serious issues and that is where the meth producers and dealers come in.

Exactly. Far to many people are in jail for relatively minor offenses like that.

And since you're being so exact........
Exactly how many crimes against society were prevented because those drug addicts were sitting in prison ?

Give us an exact number.....or go home.....meaning you are clueless.
Your love/desire of a drug addicted America is showing.

Well it's about time....

Hey man! Where do I sign up to like vote for a democrat, dude?!
4972_OkPinkSpinningHand.gif

This is about as thoughtless an argument as a human being could make.
You have completely omitted/ignored the countless lives saved and enormous benefit to society of limiting drug addiction/use.

And another one......
Nope. It’s a failure. Stop doing the same thing that’s failed for decades, expecting a different result. This doesn’t mean addicts can’t seek help and end their addiction.

Forum List

Back