You all were warned that O'care would drive up prices and cost jobs yet now u whine?

The drum beat of warnings about the consequences was loud, clear and repetitive. Yet here we sit with many on the left whining about prices of services going up or possible lay offs planned for the future. And some of you are so stupid you think only right wing businesses are doing this. Well I got news for you, they all will. The only difference will be the level of honesty as to why or if its even admitted to will be the difference between the owners on the left and the right.

Businesses 49 and under likely won't grow. Those just above will likely lay people off to fall under the mandate. And everyone else will likely imbed the cost in their products to absorbe the cost. And if you think its only right wing owners doing this your both naive and stupid. Profit has no ideology.
link?
Yeah, not like this. They didn't tell you they were closing because they couldn't get enough workers to cross picket lines, and they couldn't afford to foot the insurance fees.
Implementing Health Reform: The Small Employer Tax Credit – Health Affairs Blog
The program offers small employers a tax credit to assist them in purchasing health insurance for their employees. The credit currently covers 35% of the employer’s contribution for employee insurance premiums up to 35% of the average cost of an insurance plan in the small group market in the rating area. For tax exempt organizations, the credit is 25%. Once the new health insurance exchanges go online in 2014, the credit will be increased to 50% for businesses and 35% for exempt organizations, but the credit will only apply for insurance purchased through an exchange and will expire after an employer has received the credit for two years.
:clap2::eusa_boohoo:

Businesses that are just over 50 employees have one year to prepare for this fiasco. Look for prices to slowly increase over the next year to prepare for the taxes and fees. Likewise if you work for a company with just over 50 employees I would be very worried.

Businesses that are just over 50 employees have one year to prepare for this fiasco. Look for prices to slowly increase over the next year to prepare for the taxes and fees. Likewise if you work for a company with just over 50 employees I would be very worried.

I heard that. We had a division that got slow. Dec 31st 9 people are losign their jobs. That puts us at about 60 employees. But without them the other 2 divisions couldnt pull the weight. So I hope I am safe!

Very sad day in America.

And it's only the beginning, isn't it? It will become the domino effect as other employers try to keep their doors open.

“I have a choice: try to live within the rules, or go out of business.”

- John Metz, Florida restaurateur

The drum beat of warnings about the consequences was loud, clear and repetitive. Yet here we sit with many on the left whining about prices of services going up or possible lay offs planned for the future. And some of you are so stupid you think only right wing businesses are doing this. Well I got news for you, they all will. The only difference will be the level of honesty as to why or if its even admitted to will be the difference between the owners on the left and the right.

Businesses 49 and under likely won't grow. Those just above will likely lay people off to fall under the mandate. And everyone else will likely imbed the cost in their products to absorbe the cost. And if you think its only right wing owners doing this your both naive and stupid. Profit has no ideology.

Businesses won't be able to grow. As soon as they reach the magic mark of increased taxation they will be prevented from further growth.

Wonder how many of the Righties in this thread really know whats in the HC law? I don't see any links so far except for one from a Progressive (me ;) )

Wonder how many of the Righties in this thread really know whats in the HC law? I don't see any links so far except for one from a Progressive (me ;) )

Don't care what cool shit is in the law. I do care about its negative impact on the economy as I flourish from the same stream. I have only exceeded 50 employees once. And this law guarantees I never do again.

You do know that healthcare has not even kicked in yet. So everything ur saying is projection. I was also looking at my passport ion it said the craziest thing, the gov. Should look after the welfare of it's people, which is in the constitution.

the healthcare part hasn't but the tax part has. they designed it so that they could collect money years ahead of the benefits to try to make it feasible.

Don't care what cool shit is in the law. I do care about its negative impact on the economy as I flourish from the same stream. I have only exceeded 50 employees once. And this law guarantees I never do again.

AGAIN I say "link" :eusa_whistle: Do you seriously believe that exchanges will drive prices up?

Last edited:

Except they did the opposite.

They slowed the rising cost of health care.

AGAIN I say "link" :eusa_whistle:

Link to what?

Overall it will have a positive effect on the economy.

Right wing business owners are short sighted and petty.

Which is exactly why the ACA was absolutely needed.

Try 1099ing workers, it's very popular in Arkansas to keep from paying workmans comp.

AGAIN I say "link" :eusa_whistle:

Link to what?

to proof that the status quo (costs rising at 3X the rate of wages) was good for your business as opposed to having exchanges which will lower costs by pooling beneficiaries. 2014 is the date that the exchanges are supposed to be fully functional. See MY link above

Last edited:

Forum List

Back