Yo, Cruz Still Buzzing?

1stRambo

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2015
Voters in West Virginia and Nebraska cast primary ballots
By The Associated Press

May. 10, 2016 4:27 PM EDT

Dave George, 47, said he voted for Republican Ted Cruz in Lincoln, Nebraska, even though Trump has effectively won the nomination. George said he wanted to make a statement against Trump with his vote.

"The man's a pig," George said outside his polling place at the Belmont Recreation Center in Lincoln. "He's a terrible human being. He's a megalomaniac, and I'm absolutely astonished he's made it to this point."

George said he was "incredibly" frustrated that the GOP primary was over by the time Nebraska's election arrived. He said he feels that moderate voices are being overshadowed, and he plans to vote for a write-in or third-party candidate in November.

"The only candidate still in the campaign is Trump, and he's a caricature," George said. "This is ridiculous."

Brad Rhodes, of Lincoln, said he voted for Cruz because he sees him as a more ethical person than Trump. The 61-year-old said he generally votes Republican, but will vote for Clinton in November if Trump is the only Republican on the ballot.

"There's just so much controversy around him," said Rhodes, sitting in his pickup outside the Lincoln Air Park Neighborhood Center. "He doesn't seem to have a lot of nice things to say about women, Muslims and Latinos. He's definitely kind of a loose cannon. If he gets in, I can definitely see us going to war with Iran, North Korea or Russia."

Dorothy Burford, an 81-year-old retiree from Charleston, West Virginia, is a registered Democrat who says she voted for Hillary Clinton in 2008.

This year, she left the Democratic race for president empty because she wants to vote for Donald Trump in the fall.

She said the change dealt with how she thinks the candidates view the coal industry.

"I think Hillary was against the coal miners," Burford said. "I think Trump has a better view on how we can get the coal miners back to work."

Voters in West Virginia and Nebraska cast primary ballots

"GTP"
ted-cruz-pisses-off-liberals.jpg

Forum List

Back