Yikes: McCarthy & Taylor-Greene warn telecom companies not to turn over Jan 6 phone records

The courts support a policy that expands their power?

I am so shocked!
Naturally, since you are a big fan of executive power and authoritarianism.

Yes, unfortunately for McCarthy the lying weasel, no laws would be broken. That's why he wont name one.

This is the big one: Smith v. Maryland, 442 U.S. 735 (1979)
No banana, turd. Why would they need a warrant to log phone numbers of calls to the victims house? Does it say the victim protested the use of the pen register? I seriously doubt it

No banana, turd. Why would they need a warrant to log phone numbers of calls to the victims house? Does it say the victim protested the use of the pen register? I seriously doubt it
Maybe you don't understand...because you don't understand. Maybe it's not the rest of the world that is crazy, and you are just ignorant.

Maybe you don't understand...because you don't understand. Maybe it's not the rest of the world that is crazy, and you are just ignorant.
In other words, you can't come up with a logical reason for the victim to object to the use of the pen register.

Yes, unfortunately for McCarthy the lying weasel, no laws would be broken. That's why he wont name one.
If there is one thing I am not, it's a fan of executive authority.

McCarthy is not the official authority on the Constitution.

They're not. It's already been alluded to and Gym Jordan himself has said he was in contact with Trump several times that day, wanting him to deploy the National Guard..(riiiighhtttt.....).
What they are scared of is a public relations nightmare. Standing members of Congress aiding and abetting an insurrection, probably calling Trump to coordinate and tell him to keep up the good fight.
The worst would be if they found that any Republican member actually gave directions for the protesters that would have threatened the lives of Democrats in the building..or worse, the Vice President
and his family.

They have a huge distraction in Afghanistan that isn't going to last as long as they think it will. This would stop that momentum in its tracks.
You used the right word. Everything is about Distraction now, Factual info has been losing the battle.

If there is one thing I am not, it's a fan of executive authority.

I dont k ow what you imagine i am trying. They can subpoena those phone records. It is what it is.
You're the one who claimed it was OK for Congress to subpoena private records. So far you haven't provided any evidence to support that contention.

You're the one who claimed it was OK for Congress to subpoena private records.
And it is. And they have. More than once. Not sure which reality you woke up in this morning... join us in this one. Even the trump SCOTUS just ruled they could have trump's tax returns. You are running out of lies and distractions.

So far you haven't proved it. When has Congress ever subpoenaed private records?
Remember earlier this year, when Adam Schiff apparently obtained phone records of some people? And they squawked that he got some sort of "private warrant?

And then they were reminded that Schiff didn't need a warrant? then they shut up?

Good times.

Forum List

Back