Yet One More Gun Off The Streets Today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
A Glenfield Model 30A (Marlin 335) in 30-30 Winchester. I asked the lady at a garage sale if she had any guns and she brought this out. I asked her what she'd take for it and she said "I don't know." I said "Would you take $30 for it?" and she said "Sure". She even threw in 29 rounds of 30-30 ammo. The serial number dates its manufacture at 1979. It's worth about $300-$400.

Am I a bad person? Am I going to hell for this?

glenfield%2030a_1.jpg

glenfield%2030a_2.jpg

glenfield%2030a_3.jpg

glenfield%2030a_4.jpg

glenfield%2030a_5.jpg

glenfield%2030a_6.jpg

People who are holding garage sales, generally aren't interested in making money, they just want some folding cash for the stuff they are getting rid of.

If they are willing to sell it at that price, you would have been stupid not to take it.

No, you're not going to hell either. Lots of times people don't know what they have when they sell it. One of my relatives saw a really nice lamp at a garage sale, and she paid 30 bucks for it. It looked old, and went with the decor of the place she was decorating.

Well, a few months later, someone who was touring the house saw the lamp and asked my relative if she knew what was sitting next to the front door? She said yeah, an old lamp. The dude then told her that it was a genuine Tiffany Dragonfly lamp, as well as that it was in remarkable condition and (at the time) worth around 75,000 dollars.

She moved the lamp to a safer place after that. And, yeah, sometimes you can find some rare stuff at those places where people aren't paying much attention to what they have.

Feel good about yourself dude.

OH MY, do be sure to register it with your local police force and the federal government and I am sure you will be fine. . . . .

It's not worth that much with that banged-up stock, dude. It might be a good shooter, though. It ain't no real 1896 Winchester 30-30.

If I was to buy a 30-30, it would be a Marlin. Le Sigh, It's probably time to oil guns and gun things.

Yes, you're going to hell. It's worth at least 8x what you paid for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back