Yet another reason to go electric in vehicles

Let's see if I can get this right:

Approximately 289 million cars on the road

Average miles driven per year between 12,000 and 15,000, so let's say 13,500.

289,000,000 X 13,500 = 3.9 trillion miles per year driven.

Estimates are an average ev will use about 30 kwh to travel 100 miles.

So, 3.9 trillion / 100 X 30 = 1.2 trillion kwh of energy per year to power electric cars.

1 windmill can produce up to 43,800 kwh of electricity per year, if it runs at max capacity all day every day.

So, to get the 1.2 trillion kwh of energy per year, you would need:

1,200,000,000,000 / 43,800 = 27,397,260 wind turbines.

An industrial wind turbine needs between 40 and 70 acres of land. We'll go with 50 acres.

So, 27,397,260 turbines X 50 acres = 1.4 billion acres of land

There are 2.4 billion acres of land and water in the u.s.

So, to get the amount of wind energy to power electric vehicles by wind and solar (I think solar is less efficient than wind), you would have to plant wind turbines over half of the u.s.

A coal plant produces about 3.5 billion kwh per year. So 1.2 trillion kwh would require 343 coal plants. In 2019 there were 241 coal plants across the u.s, so we would have to build about 100 more coal plants to make the required energy.

A nuclear power plant will produce about 9 billion kwh per year. There are about 93 nuclear power plants in the u.s of various power output capacities. 9 billion kwh is probably average. So, 1.2 trillion / 9 billion = 133 nuclear power plants. So we would need to build about 40 more of them.

Did I get that right? Either that or I spent all that time to get it completely wrong. Lol

Let's see if I can get this right:

Approximately 289 million cars on the road

Average miles driven per year between 12,000 and 15,000, so let's say 13,500.

289,000,000 X 13,500 = 3.9 trillion miles per year driven.

Estimates are an average ev will use about 30 kwh to travel 100 miles.

So, 3.9 trillion / 100 X 30 = 1.2 trillion kwh of energy per year to power electric cars.

1 windmill can produce up to 43,800 kwh of electricity per year, if it runs at max capacity all day every day.

So, to get the 1.2 trillion kwh of energy per year, you would need:

1,200,000,000,000 / 43,800 = 27,397,260 wind turbines.

An industrial wind turbine needs between 40 and 70 acres of land. We'll go with 50 acres.

So, 27,397,260 turbines X 50 acres = 1.4 billion acres of land

There are 2.4 billion acres of land and water in the u.s.

So, to get the amount of wind energy to power electric vehicles by wind and solar (I think solar is less efficient than wind), you would have to plant wind turbines over half of the u.s.

A coal plant produces about 3.5 billion kwh per year. So 1.2 trillion kwh would require 343 coal plants. In 2019 there were 241 coal plants across the u.s, so we would have to build about 100 more coal plants to make the required energy.

A nuclear power plant will produce about 9 billion kwh per year. There are about 93 nuclear power plants in the u.s of various power output capacities. 9 billion kwh is probably average. So, 1.2 trillion / 9 billion = 133 nuclear power plants. So we would need to build about 40 more of them.

Did I get that right? Either that or I spent all that time to get it completely wrong. Lol
Thanks, and that certainly explains why China is building more coal plants.

I'm sticking with my gyrocar.
1640923802887.png

1640923638345.png

Yet another reason to go electric, an article on Wednesdays Omaha world herald December 29th 2021. Mexico to stop exporting oil in 2023. The US imported 599,000 barrels of oil a day from Mexico. They realize their oil fields won't last forever and they're keeping what they have for their own national self-sufficiency in fuel production. Fortunately US Auto companies are making the switch already that will help save us from $10 and $20 a gallon oil. Prices will be going through the roof, no more cheap oil. It's day is over. We may yet save the planet, despite ourselves.
Let us keep what we find and American companies would likely discover plenty of oil that the mexicans dont know about

in any event oil scarcity is not what really gives the electric car wackos nightmares

their worst fear is that we wont run out soon enough to save the polar bears

Its being said that government mandates eill drive Government Motors out of business because they are too far behind on electric cars

then the same libs will cry about the loss of jobs in Detroit

If we continue on fossil fuels we will regress. The future is about moving on and not being stuck using 18th and 19th century energy sources.

So your solution is to go BACK in time with windmills.

You are a fucking moron.

Yet another reason to go electric, an article on Wednesdays Omaha world herald December 29th 2021. Mexico to stop exporting oil in 2023. The US imported 599,000 barrels of oil a day from Mexico. They realize their oil fields won't last forever and they're keeping what they have for their own national self-sufficiency in fuel production. Fortunately US Auto companies are making the switch already that will help save us from $10 and $20 a gallon oil. Prices will be going through the roof, no more cheap oil. It's day is over. We may yet save the planet, despite ourselves.
So that is why Biden closed down the Keystone XL pipeline so we could not get more oil from Canada?

Mexico's plan will not succeed.

"Siller said that energy security, defined by the International Energy Agency as “the uninterrupted availability of energy sources at an affordable price,” is more important to Mexico than self-sufficiency. “So ending all petroleum exports doesn’t look like a real possibility.”

Since oil is going to be too expensive for much of anything. It will have to be alternate energy sources. I understand it represents it a challenge, but what is this life is not full of challenges. When one door closes another one opens and vice versa. Here's a little reprise for you. Also on the news the nuclear talks at resumed with Iran. One of the assurances Iran wants is that they are once again able to sell their oil on the open market. This represents a huge opportunity to the United States. If they bought all that oil if they locked into it, it would help stop prices from rising so high and still make oil a little competitive but in the long run oil has to be done I think there's only like 40 more years of it left on the planet and that's exploiting all resources.
Oil wouldn't be as expensive if Biden hadn't louse everything up!

That will be fixed in 2023 when he and Harris are impeached, and the new Speaker becomes President.

When the big auto makers start making only electric vehicles the infrastructure better already be in place. It is part of Biden's build back better plan, and I believe my state plans on putting electric pumps. So the process has already started. Change is the only thing we can depend on in this life.
Electric pumps? You are completely lost!

The Build Back Better plan is DOA. Manchin killed it.

Forum List

Back