Yet another Biden feat: spending bill agreement reached

Well if it is in the news it has to be true.

The IRS is too short staffed already. I have been fighting with them for more than a year and they still have not found the the time to look at the tax returns they say I did not file
That's good. Be thankful.

Then you should run for office because I do not believe that the people who are voting on this take the time to read the entire thing from page 1 to page 4,000.
I bet 1/3 of them took the time to insert their pork into it, though. True story. This is where we are in America right now.

Whatever this thing is; It's probably an abomination. Why can't Congress bring single-issue, one subject bills?

Simple and straightforward and all that?

When would they ordinarily deal with a spending bill during Christmas week? When democrats lose the majority in congress and declare a scorched earth policy. Leave it to republicans to pay the bills.

That's good. Be thankful.

No it is not. The problem with the IRS is that once they say you are guilty you have to prove you are not.

In 2021 they sent us a letter saying we did not file taxes in 2020, 2015 and 2013. My first question was "how did you cash my check if I did not file". To which they said "that is two different departments"

So we spent $3500 on a tax lawyer and have been fighting with them since. My wife is a nurse for the VA and can lose her job if she owes the Govt money so we had to agree to a payment plan while they worked on our case. So they take $435 every month till they finish. Got a letter in Sept saying they would have an answer by Oct 3rd. Got a letter on Oct 2dn saying they needed 60 more days. Still no answer.

And they claim the problem is they have a tractor trailer full of forms they are working through

Another feather in Biden’s cap. Worked with reasonable Republicans to secure a budget that keeps us solvent and working. Go Biden!

Congress unveils $1.7 trillion deal to fund government, avert shutdown

Democratic and Republican negotiators early
Tuesday unveiled a roughly $1.7 trillion deal to fund the U.S. government through most of 2023, setting up a last-minute sprint on Capitol Hill to approve the sprawling package and avert a potential shutdown.
The 4,155-page measure, known in congressional parlance as an omnibus, included funding for key elements of President Biden’s economic agenda, new boosts to defense programs and an additional $44.9 billion in emergency military and economic assistance for Ukraine.
I see today that they finally had to admit the Iran deal was dead.

Another feather in Biden’s cap. Worked with reasonable Republicans to secure a budget that keeps us solvent and working. Go Biden!

Congress unveils $1.7 trillion deal to fund government, avert shutdown

Democratic and Republican negotiators early
Tuesday unveiled a roughly $1.7 trillion deal to fund the U.S. government through most of 2023, setting up a last-minute sprint on Capitol Hill to approve the sprawling package and avert a potential shutdown.
The 4,155-page measure, known in congressional parlance as an omnibus, included funding for key elements of President Biden’s economic agenda, new boosts to defense programs and an additional $44.9 billion in emergency military and economic assistance for Ukraine.
4,000 pages that nobody has read or will read and another $2 trillion printed up out of thin air.

You have a seriously shitty view on what constitutes "solvent and working".

I’m am no more scared of the IRS than I am of the police. They are to catch the bad guys.
The police are not your friends. You're a nail and they're a hammer. All they do is look for you to break laws so they can hammer you.

It wasn't always like that in America; But that's how it is now, for real. They don't even try to do crime prevention anymore; Just wait for the inevitable to happen and then "investigate".

No it is not. The problem with the IRS is that once they say you are guilty you have to prove you are not.

In 2021 they sent us a letter saying we did not file taxes in 2020, 2015 and 2013. My first question was "how did you cash my check if I did not file". To which they said "that is two different departments"

So we spent $3500 on a tax lawyer and have been fighting with them since. My wife is a nurse for the VA and can lose her job if she owes the Govt money so we had to agree to a payment plan while they worked on our case. So they take $435 every month till they finish. Got a letter in Sept saying they would have an answer by Oct 3rd. Got a letter on Oct 2dn saying they needed 60 more days. Still no answer.

And they claim the problem is they have a tractor trailer full of forms they are working through
Sounds weird. Either you paid or you didn’t. I’ve been audited a few times and simply have provided my proof of deductions and magically…. they went away.

When would they ordinarily deal with a spending bill during Christmas week? When democrats lose the majority in congress and declare a scorched earth policy. Leave it to republicans to pay the bills.
Progs in a lame duck do this. And the Republicans go along with them. Its why they run for office that is bewildering. Don't run if you are going to be a traitor to your voters. We are at the point now in our nation where everything is noticeable.

Sounds weird. Either you paid or you didn’t. I’ve been audited a few times and simply have provided my proof of deductions and magically…. they went away.

2013 and 2015 I got refunds, 2020 we paid. I filed all 3 years. I found my 2020 and 2015 forms and had to recreate my 2013 one as I could not find it.

They are claiming I did not even file any of those years, even though in 2020 I have the check they cashed that I mailed in with my tax forms.

Well if it is in the news it has to be true.

The IRS is too short staffed already. I have been fighting with them for more than a year and they still have not found the the time to look at the tax returns they say I did not file
We invested $800M per year into the irs in the inflation reduction act and cut $275M. The republicans really showed them Dems.

I bet 1/3 of them took the time to insert their pork into it, though. True story. This is where we are in America right now.

Whatever this thing is; It's probably an abomination. Why can't Congress bring single-issue, one subject bills?

Simple and straightforward and all that?
I don't disagree.

2013 and 2015 I got refunds, 2020 we paid. I filed all 3 years. I found my 2020 and 2015 forms and had to recreate my 2013 one as I could not find it.

They are claiming I did not even file any of those years, even though in 2020 I have the check they cashed that I mailed in with my tax forms.
Bummer. Seems a bit off. I’d try to keep as many years as you can all in the same place with your receipts and forms in a large envelope, one for each year.

Bummer. Seems a bit off. I’d try to keep as many years as you can all in the same place with your receipts and forms in a large envelope, one for each year.

I normally do. Not sure why I was missing that year. It was the year before I started using HR block online.

The worst part about it all is the whole prove your innocence thing, sort of the opposite of how things are supposed to be.

I normally do. Not sure why I was missing that year. It was the year before I started using HR block online.

The worst part about it all is the whole prove your innocence thing, sort of the opposite of how things are supposed to be.
The whole tax process sucks. There’s a comedian with a bit about it explaining to someone from another country.
“So the government tells you what to pay?”
“No, in America, you tell the government what you’re going to pay and they see if it matches what they think”.
“What if you’re wrong and you don’t match?”
“You go to jail”.

Mitch McConnell remembers what the Tea Party Caucus now known as MAGAs did when Boehner was Speaker. More than once Boehner had to get House Democrats' votes to pass must-pass legislation. House Democrats got what they wanted before they agreed and GOPs had to give up stuff to get those votes. McConnell didn't want Senate GOPs to get jammed next year by House MAGAs in the Omnibus Spending Package. McConnell is getting a better deal than McCarthy could get next month.

Forum List

Back