Yes, they want your shotgun and bolt action rifle too. I told you, and here is the beginning...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article is the beginning of the attack on guns other than the fictional "assault weapon," so popular on the lists of anti-gunners. This guy could have read some of my threads on the next steps in gun control........pointing out "Combat" shotguns and "sniper" rifles......essentially shotguns and bolt action rifles...the guy type we are constantly told are not on the ban lists of anti-gunners....

They lied......

Shotguns....

Banning semiautomatic weapons won’t solve America’s gun problem

Shotguns, for example, may not have the 300-yard range of semiautomatic rifles like the AR-15, but many are lethal at 30 yards, and over the last 20 years, have steadily become more so. It used to be that shotguns held only five shells at most, carried in a tubular magazine under the barrel, but manufacturers have slowly increased shell capacity up to nine in some models.

After all its shells have been fired, by either a pump or semiautomatic action, a tube-fed shotgun must be reloaded one shell at a time, a slow process. In 2017, combat shotgun firepower jumped when firearms manufacturers Remington and Mossberg began offering shotguns with detachable magazines that hold six to 20 shells. An empty magazine can be removed and a new one inserted in just two seconds. For hunting, many states restrict shotgun capacity to three shells.

If you think they will just try to ban shotguns that accept magazines......you don't understand the anti-gun movement...

Bolt action rifles...

The gun industry also has begun marketing weapons capable of making accurate 1,000-yard shots. Back in the 1980s, when I researched and wrote a book about paramilitary culture, and how it was influenced by mass media (such as “Rambo” movies), sniper rifles were not a big part of the scene. Such rifles and scopes then cost many thousands of dollars and were not widely sold. But in 2013 Remington won a U.S. Army contract to produce 5,000 sniper rifles at $15,000 apiece. Soon after, it released a civilian version for $1,200, and other major manufacturers did as well. These rifles are generally not used by hunters.

-----------

The new word....that they will now use to attack guns that are not AR-15s?

"Combat" guns...

Only a handful of the people who buy combat shotguns or sniper rifles or suppressor-equipped weapons use them to commit mass murder, of course.

But it’s also true that buyers find the power of combat weapons seductive. Paramilitary consumers crave adrenaline, and the weapons are designed and advertised to appeal to warrior fantasies.

So, what might work to limit the easy availability of combat weapons? In Connecticut, the families of the 2012 Sandy Hook victims are taking a path worth watching. The Connecticut Supreme Court has ruled that their lawsuit can proceed against Remington, manufacturer of the gun used there to kill 26 children and staff members at the elementary school. The suit alleges that marketing and advertising of the gun used by the killer violated Connecticut consumer protection law by promoting criminal conduct.

So..your position is that this dude..speaks for the entire gun-control movement? That his remarks constitute absolute vindication and verification of your worst fears regarding gun control? This guy, is a nobody running his neck in hopes of perpetuating his livelihood...nothing more.

The 2nd is in no danger..despite the NRA hype.

iu

So..your position is that this dude..speaks for the entire gun-control movement? That his remarks constitute absolute vindication and verification of your worst fears regarding gun control? This guy, is a nobody running his neck in hopes of perpetuating his livelihood...nothing more.

iu

Give an inch, and they'll take a mile.

iu
Sez the proven liar.

iu
Sez the proven liar.

I think I better get the guns and ammo I want now, the grabbers never give up.

To AR or not to AR? That is the question.

Ooo! I could go chambered in .308 and ..gah...I dunno.

iu
Sez the proven liar.
But Mike...you LIKE proven liars!

iu
Sez the proven liar.

Shotgun sale at Dick's Sporting!

iu
Sez the proven liar.

I has pistol for shotgun ranges.

This article is the beginning of the attack on guns other than the fictional "assault weapon," so popular on the lists of anti-gunners. This guy could have read some of my threads on the next steps in gun control........pointing out "Combat" shotguns and "sniper" rifles......essentially shotguns and bolt action rifles...the guy type we are constantly told are not on the ban lists of anti-gunners....

They lied......

Shotguns....

Shotguns, for example, may not have the 300-yard range of semiautomatic rifles like the AR-15, but many are lethal at 30 yards, and over the last 20 years, have steadily become more so. It used to be that shotguns held only five shells at most, carried in a tubular magazine under the barrel, but manufacturers have slowly increased shell capacity up to nine in some models.

After all its shells have been fired, by either a pump or semiautomatic action, a tube-fed shotgun must be reloaded one shell at a time, a slow process. In 2017, combat shotgun firepower jumped when firearms manufacturers Remington and Mossberg began offering shotguns with detachable magazines that hold six to 20 shells. An empty magazine can be removed and a new one inserted in just two seconds. For hunting, many states restrict shotgun capacity to three shells.

If you think they will just try to ban shotguns that accept magazines......you don't understand the anti-gun movement...

Bolt action rifles...

The gun industry also has begun marketing weapons capable of making accurate 1,000-yard shots. Back in the 1980s, when I researched and wrote a book about paramilitary culture, and how it was influenced by mass media (such as “Rambo” movies), sniper rifles were not a big part of the scene. Such rifles and scopes then cost many thousands of dollars and were not widely sold. But in 2013 Remington won a U.S. Army contract to produce 5,000 sniper rifles at $15,000 apiece. Soon after, it released a civilian version for $1,200, and other major manufacturers did as well. These rifles are generally not used by hunters.

-----------

"Combat" guns...

Only a handful of the people who buy combat shotguns or sniper rifles or suppressor-equipped weapons use them to commit mass murder, of course.

But it’s also true that buyers find the power of combat weapons seductive. Paramilitary consumers crave adrenaline, and the weapons are designed and advertised to appeal to warrior fantasies.

So, what might work to limit the easy availability of combat weapons? In Connecticut, the families of the 2012 Sandy Hook victims are taking a path worth watching. The Connecticut Supreme Court has ruled that their lawsuit can proceed against Remington, manufacturer of the gun used there to kill 26 children and staff members at the elementary school. The suit alleges that marketing and advertising of the gun used by the killer violated Connecticut consumer protection law by promoting criminal conduct.

Meh....you can immediately tell the author is a moron.
Who the fuck thinks the range of a shotgun is only 30 yards?

iu
Sez the proven liar.

I always mess the bird up with the pistol......if I hit it at all--better with the Purdy--sounds cool too!

iu
Sez the proven liar.

And I have a shotgun for pistol ranges. And believe me, when I hit something with it, it's going down and will stay down. It makes a big ole mess.

don't buy at DICKS as they are DICK'S and won't sell AR type semi autos . DICKS are gun controllers Marion . As far as .308 , get a Springfield . checkout the 'MIA' rifle variation in .308 and in Walnut . Its a beauty . They also sell an AR type rifle in AR style Marion .

They lied......

Shotguns....

Bolt action rifles...

-----------

"Combat" guns...

Meh....you can immediately tell the author is a moron.
Who the fuck thinks the range of a shotgun is only 30 yards?

Yup. Range is more like 50 yards and a slug will go further.

I love my shotgun and don't plan to give that baby up to anyone.

iu
Sez the proven liar.

And I have a shotgun for pistol ranges. And believe me, when I hit something with it, it's going down and will stay down. It makes a big ole mess.

Yup. When you use a shotgun then a burying will soon follow. Great stopping weapons.

Forum List

Back