Yard signs in PA...

Watch Susquehanna Polling and Research's next release of survey data...

:D

PA is going RED, people...

I hope you're right, it would be nice to feel that my vote actually counted for something for a change. ;)

I heard that Smith is up two points over Casey for the senate race this morning too!!

A PA win for Romney means an early concession speech from 0bozo...:thup:

okay a few signs for romney...yard signs...none for obama.....one bumpersticker for obama....on a bmw.....now here is what we realized.....not many romney signs but a lot of custom fuck you obama signs.....well not fuck y ou but that was the drift...it seems its no so much that people support romney as hate obama

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

PA is coal country. It was built and runs on coal and now fracking is bringing in jobs.

PA was obamas to lose and he just might.

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

You driving around in trailer parks?

bigot

Are people that live in trailers somehow lesser than you?

so gas in water is not from fracking...do go on...since it was not occurring before fracking

Busted! Fracking Chemical Found in Wyoming Water Supply - CleanTechnica

Methane occurs naturally and will take the path of least resistance to surface, regardless of whether there is fracking or not. The video you posted shows an anomoly that happened long before fracking ever even started. The coal mines would have had the same effect.

Wait a second... SB used a situation that happened BEFORE fracking ever occured, to show why fracking is bad?

She... lied? <gasp>:eek:

There is no question that hydraulic fracturing uses a lot of water: It can take up to 7 million gallons to frack a single well, and at least 30 percent of that water is lost forever, after being trapped deep in the shale. And while there is some evidence that fracking has contributed to the depletion of water supplies in drought-stricken Texas, a study by Carnegie Mellon University indicates the Marcellus region has plenty of water and, in most cases, an adequate system to regulate its usage. The amount of water required to drill all 2916 of the Marcellus wells permitted in Pennsylvania in the first 11 months of 2010 would equal the amount of drinking water used by just one city, Pittsburgh, during the same period, says environmental engineering professor Jeanne VanBriesen, the study's lead author. Plus, she notes, water withdrawals of this new industry are taking the place of water once used by industries, like steel manufacturing, that the state has lost. Hydrogeologist David Yoxtheimer of Penn State's Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research gives the withdrawals more context: Of the 9.5 billion gallons of water used daily in Pennsylvania, natural gas development consumes 1.9 million gallons a day (mgd); livestock use 62 mgd; mining, 96 mgd; and industry, 770 mgd.
BackNext
Matt Nager/The New York Times/Redux
View LargerView Thumbnails
Claim No. 3
"NATURAL GAS IS CLEANER, CHEAPER, DOMESTIC, AND IT'S VIABLE NOW."

OILMAN TURNED NATURAL-GAS CHEERLEADER T. BOONE PICKENS, SEPTEMBER 2009

Burning natural gas is cleaner than oil or gasoline, and it emits half as much carbon dioxide, less than one-third the nitrogen oxides, and 1 percent as much sulfur oxides as coal combustion. But not all shale gas makes it to the fuel tank or power plant. The methane that escapes during the drilling process, and later as the fuel is shipped via pipelines, is a significant greenhouse gas. At least one scientist, Robert Howarth at Cornell University, has calculated that methane losses could be as high as 8 percent. Industry officials concede that they could be losing anywhere between 1 and 3 percent. Some of those leaks can be prevented by aggressively sealing condensers, pipelines and wellheads. But there's another upstream factor to consider: Drilling is an energy-intensive business. It relies on diesel engines and generators running around the clock to power rigs, and heavy trucks making hundreds of trips to drill sites before a well is completed. Those in the industry say there's a solution at hand to lower emissions&#8212;using natural gas it

Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics
http://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...10-myths-about-natural-gas-drilling-6386593-2

I've seen very few signs for presidential, senatorial, or house candidates here in Las Vegas - a supposed "key state". Lots of local and state in those roll-around signs in vacant lots. Not even any bumper stickers!

Very strange for such an important state where everybody seems to come to campaign.

New Topics

Forum List

Back