Yard signs in PA...

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

i don't know... are romney's? i've hardly seen romney/ryan sign.... even in NJ

i see plenty of obama/biden bumper stickers though.

see, we can be anecdotal, too.

images_zps927d450b.jpg

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

i don't know... are romney's? i've hardly seen romney/ryan sign.... even in NJ

i see plenty of obama/biden bumper stickers though.

see, we can be anecdotal, too.

:lol: irony is wonderful, isn't it? well not for you apparently:lol::lol::lol:

see how he made a statement , then asked a question, inviting dialogue based on his proposition?

instead of dumping a statement then clamming up when asked to define for discussion what if any point(s) he had?:eusa_whistle:

You should share this with the other part of the brain trust, dumb and dumbest:cool:

I've seen very few signs for presidential, senatorial, or house candidates here in Las Vegas - a supposed "key state". Lots of local and state in those roll-around signs in vacant lots. Not even any bumper stickers!

Very strange for such an important state where everybody seems to come to campaign.

compared to the 2008 elections...there are very few signs here in western nc...this is a republican area and there were 100s of signs for bush.....but as i said...it seems to be more about being against obama than for romney

I've seen very few signs for presidential, senatorial, or house candidates here in Las Vegas - a supposed "key state". Lots of local and state in those roll-around signs in vacant lots. Not even any bumper stickers!

Very strange for such an important state where everybody seems to come to campaign.

If you supposedly live in Las Vegas, then why is it misspelled in your location info?

There is no question that hydraulic fracturing uses a lot of water: It can take up to 7 million gallons to frack a single well, and at least 30 percent of that water is lost forever, after being trapped deep in the shale. And while there is some evidence that fracking has contributed to the depletion of water supplies in drought-stricken Texas, a study by Carnegie Mellon University indicates the Marcellus region has plenty of water and, in most cases, an adequate system to regulate its usage. The amount of water required to drill all 2916 of the Marcellus wells permitted in Pennsylvania in the first 11 months of 2010 would equal the amount of drinking water used by just one city, Pittsburgh, during the same period, says environmental engineering professor Jeanne VanBriesen, the study's lead author. Plus, she notes, water withdrawals of this new industry are taking the place of water once used by industries, like steel manufacturing, that the state has lost. Hydrogeologist David Yoxtheimer of Penn State's Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research gives the withdrawals more context: Of the 9.5 billion gallons of water used daily in Pennsylvania, natural gas development consumes 1.9 million gallons a day (mgd); livestock use 62 mgd; mining, 96 mgd; and industry, 770 mgd.
BackNext
Matt Nager/The New York Times/Redux
View LargerView Thumbnails
Claim No. 3
"NATURAL GAS IS CLEANER, CHEAPER, DOMESTIC, AND IT'S VIABLE NOW."

OILMAN TURNED NATURAL-GAS CHEERLEADER T. BOONE PICKENS, SEPTEMBER 2009

Burning natural gas is cleaner than oil or gasoline, and it emits half as much carbon dioxide, less than one-third the nitrogen oxides, and 1 percent as much sulfur oxides as coal combustion. But not all shale gas makes it to the fuel tank or power plant. The methane that escapes during the drilling process, and later as the fuel is shipped via pipelines, is a significant greenhouse gas. At least one scientist, Robert Howarth at Cornell University, has calculated that methane losses could be as high as 8 percent. Industry officials concede that they could be losing anywhere between 1 and 3 percent. Some of those leaks can be prevented by aggressively sealing condensers, pipelines and wellheads. But there's another upstream factor to consider: Drilling is an energy-intensive business. It relies on diesel engines and generators running around the clock to power rigs, and heavy trucks making hundreds of trips to drill sites before a well is completed. Those in the industry say there's a solution at hand to lower emissions—using natural gas it

Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics

From your own article, that you cleverly didn't link;

{But the idea stressed by fracking critics that deep-injected fluids will migrate into groundwater is mostly false. Basic geology prevents such contamination from starting below ground. A fracture caused by the drilling process would have to extend through the several thousand feet of rock that separate deep shale gas deposits from freshwater aquifers. According to geologist Gary Lash of the State University of New York at Fredonia, the intervening layers of rock have distinct mechanical properties that would prevent the fissures from expanding a mile or more toward the surface. It would be like stacking a dozen bricks on top of each other, he says, and expecting a crack in the bottom brick to extend all the way to the top one. What's more, the fracking fluid itself, thickened with additives, is too dense to ascend upward through such a channel. }

There is no question that hydraulic fracturing uses a lot of water: It can take up to 7 million gallons to frack a single well, and at least 30 percent of that water is lost forever, after being trapped deep in the shale. And while there is some evidence that fracking has contributed to the depletion of water supplies in drought-stricken Texas, a study by Carnegie Mellon University indicates the Marcellus region has plenty of water and, in most cases, an adequate system to regulate its usage. The amount of water required to drill all 2916 of the Marcellus wells permitted in Pennsylvania in the first 11 months of 2010 would equal the amount of drinking water used by just one city, Pittsburgh, during the same period, says environmental engineering professor Jeanne VanBriesen, the study's lead author. Plus, she notes, water withdrawals of this new industry are taking the place of water once used by industries, like steel manufacturing, that the state has lost. Hydrogeologist David Yoxtheimer of Penn State's Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research gives the withdrawals more context: Of the 9.5 billion gallons of water used daily in Pennsylvania, natural gas development consumes 1.9 million gallons a day (mgd); livestock use 62 mgd; mining, 96 mgd; and industry, 770 mgd.
BackNext
Claim No. 3

Burning natural gas is cleaner than oil or gasoline, and it emits half as much carbon dioxide, less than one-third the nitrogen oxides, and 1 percent as much sulfur oxides as coal combustion. But not all shale gas makes it to the fuel tank or power plant. The methane that escapes during the drilling process, and later as the fuel is shipped via pipelines, is a significant greenhouse gas. At least one scientist, Robert Howarth at Cornell University, has calculated that methane losses could be as high as 8 percent. Industry officials concede that they could be losing anywhere between 1 and 3 percent. Some of those leaks can be prevented by aggressively sealing condensers, pipelines and wellheads. But there's another upstream factor to consider: Drilling is an energy-intensive business. It relies on diesel engines and generators running around the clock to power rigs, and heavy trucks making hundreds of trips to drill sites before a well is completed. Those in the industry say there's a solution at hand to lower emissions—using natural gas it

Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics

{But the idea stressed by fracking critics that deep-injected fluids will migrate into groundwater is mostly false. Basic geology prevents such contamination from starting below ground. A fracture caused by the drilling process would have to extend through the several thousand feet of rock that separate deep shale gas deposits from freshwater aquifers. According to geologist Gary Lash of the State University of New York at Fredonia, the intervening layers of rock have distinct mechanical properties that would prevent the fissures from expanding a mile or more toward the surface. It would be like stacking a dozen bricks on top of each other, he says, and expecting a crack in the bottom brick to extend all the way to the top one. What's more, the fracking fluid itself, thickened with additives, is too dense to ascend upward through such a channel. }

nice find. People really should learn to read their own fucking source articles, eh?:lol:

so we are riding around and see a romney sign ...quite a few in a yard......most would think...another vote for romney.....however the dude is a convicted felon...a child molester....

North Carolina Offender Registry

Oh, goodie! A new pastime, researching the addresses with political signs to find out whether the owner is on the registered sex-offender roles. Are the stats out yet whether more sex-offenders support Romney, or obama?

here in nc....western and in eastern tn....i am just not seeing many yard signs at all....some for local politics but thats it

People are more in tune with the fact that political signs lead to vandalism of their personal property.

What area of PA? It's Philadelphia and to a lesser degree Pittsburgh that flip PA from red to blue. The same thing happens here in Oregon. The entire state is red except for Portland and Eugene which are so liberal and large enough that they over power the rest of the state. Actually that's the way it works in most states.

BackNext
Claim No. 3

nice find. People really should learn to read their own fucking source articles, eh?:lol:

i did read the whole thing......sorry i didnt realize you needed everything cut and pasted....i assume if people were interested they would follow the link and read the whole thing....

again i simply over estimated ya

i did read the whole thing......sorry i didnt realize you needed everything cut and pasted....i assume if people were interested they would follow the link and read the whole thing....

again i simply over estimated ya

That's even worse then. You knew it wasn't an anti-fracking article, but still presented it as if it were.

The regressive left has a "win at any cost, to hell with the facts" attitude.

so gas in water is not from fracking...do go on...since it was not occurring before fracking

Busted! Fracking Chemical Found in Wyoming Water Supply - CleanTechnica

Methane occurs naturally and will take the path of least resistance to surface, regardless of whether there is fracking or not. The video you posted shows an anomoly that happened long before fracking ever even started. The coal mines would have had the same effect.

Wait a second... SB used a situation that happened BEFORE fracking ever occured, to show why fracking is bad?

She... lied? <gasp>:eek:

no, she just doesn't know any better

she actually believes what those nuts are saying

Forum List

Back