Yard signs in PA...

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

i don't know... are romney's? i've hardly seen romney/ryan sign.... even in NJ

i see plenty of obama/biden bumper stickers though.

see, we can be anecdotal, too.

Lets also be real about another fact for a minute...

Not sure about the rest of you folks, but I'm not putting a Romney/Ryan sign in my yard because I dont want the "vulnerables" making me a target now, or when Ronney/Ryan win on November 6th.
I also do not want my truck vandalized by them due to a Romnay/Ryan bumper sticker...

True story :eusa_whistle:

You wouldn't imply that Obama/Biden supporters might exhibit an 'uncivil' response to such signage, would you?

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

i don't know... are romney's? i've hardly seen romney/ryan sign.... even in NJ

i see plenty of obama/biden bumper stickers though.

see, we can be anecdotal, too.

it's not a matter of being anecdotal. I made a direct comparison of the plethora of Obama support signs in PA in 2008, as compared to the lack of said signage now, in 2012.

You can't make the same comparison for Romney, as he was not the GOP candidate in 2008.

Pay her no mind. I live in NJ. Take a ride around Monmouth Cty for example and there are Romney signs all over. I travel up northern NJ and same there.

She's a self-proclaimed expert on everything. What she isn't an expert on...she just makes up.:cool: She doesn't even grasp that the candidates don't spend tons of money in states they assume they have little... to no chance... in...like NJ.

Last edited:

im right outside philly. I see a few Obama signs from time to time. But most of the signs are Romney signs.

I actually saw some people outside the post office at lunch trying convince people to switch over from Obama to Romney. I've never seen that before an election. Wasnt a small group either. And it was multiracial, which might surpise some people who want to lie about Republican politics.

These are EVERYWHERE!

A3bg0ZyCQAAGu28.jpg

Heck, im seeing them in SE Pa outside the city, so yeah they really are everywhere.

PA is definetly in play...

I honestly think the Senate seat is in play too. Which honestly, surprises me because of the name recognition of the sitting Senator and the lack of name recognition for the challenger.

odd, driving around in Pa i have seen some, and i have seen some in Ohio.
Maybe you need glasses.

Why is the Obama campaign advertising in California?

Why is the Obama campaign advertising in California? | ConsumerPsychologist Blog
Public opinion polls are done on a national scale and the overall estimated popular vote is reported. Perception of candidate strength is likely to influence the outcome–if a candidate’s popular vote is under-estimated, that may energize voters favoring the other candidate to get out and vote; at the same time, the candidate’s own voters may become demoralized. Commentators may speculate about the electoral outcome based on opinion polls in specific states, but this is a very complicated picture to keep in mind. The percentages from the national poll are what will really “stick” with most individuals.

Residents of California affect the opinions of voters in other states. Social media postings readily travel across states, and with today’s low cost of telecommunications, people talk to their friends, colleagues, and family members across state lines. It is not surprising that, in a state with very high levels of unemployment, the Obama campaign is emphasizing ads with former President Bill Clinton addressing the economy.

it's not a matter of being anecdotal. I made a direct comparison of the plethora of Obama support signs in PA in 2008, as compared to the lack of said signage now, in 2012.

You can't make the same comparison for Romney, as he was not the GOP candidate in 2008.

i know you were. but the truth is, we were beseiged by mccain/palin stuff last timel. i see less of it on both sides,

i guess it depends on the area. I did see McCain signs in 2008, but nowhere near the number of Obama signs I saw.

part of that is that it's likely the president, if he's re-elected won't win by the margin he had then.

Definitely could be that.

Very unlikely.

The Nevada and Arizona borders sit on the other side of a very large desert, the Mojave. No broadcasts, other than Art Bell, originate out in that desert, so a California broadcast couldn't even reach Nevada. Besides, everything is on cable or satellite these days anyway.

Also, good point. I havent been on the west coast for a while.

Maybe you need glasses.

:lmao:

Maybe you need glasses.

didn't say there WERE NONE, dumb ass. I said I have not SEEN any.

Forum List

Back