Y'all may not like it, but, here it is anyway

I see no one has put out a substantive, innovative, alternative. Imagine that. Give up liberty for a little security- you deserve neither. The founders were pretty sharp guys- they were quite innovative. They were substantive as well.

Like I said, I know I'll change no ones mind- but, I will, have and will continue to spread seeds of liberty- which when they take root are a plant of rapid growth-
TennHarley is the only poster so far to even think- everything else is regurgitation- for that I applaud him. It's not a common trait on message boards, or in DC or the general population- yes, with a buck fifty my applause will get a cup of coffee..... somewhere.

It is a fact. Our economy would collapse under the burden of low skilled poverty stricken people pouring into the country. You want to help them? Sponsor some of them to come live with you in your home and you pay for their needs. Don't put a burden on others.

Our economy would collapse under the burden, unless you are for exterminating all social services programs that working citizens are forced to pay for.
I apologize for not replying quicker- I got hungry and had to also make a pot of coffee-
Introducing a straw man argument selling fear and doubling down on it with your choice of "exterminate" is more of a fear mongering argument using hyperbole for augmentation- but, we spend 100's of billions getting innocent people and our Military killed- so much for collapsing our economy- that may or may not happen (likely it will at some point) but people coming here ain't gonna be the cause of it- the fed reserve, therefore TPTB ain't gonna let that happen as they have too much riding on it- working citizens are forced to pay for the killing. Personally I'd rather be forced to pay for something humanitarian. But, to each his own- but, again, words mean things and I'd kindly suggest using them as straw man or hyperbole isn't a valid argument.

Our economy would collapse under the burden, unless you are for exterminating all social services programs that working citizens are forced to pay for.
I apologize for not replying quicker- I got hungry and had to also make a pot of coffee-
Introducing a straw man argument selling fear and doubling down on it with your choice of "exterminate" is more of a fear mongering argument using hyperbole for augmentation- but, we spend 100's of billions getting innocent people and our Military killed- so much for collapsing our economy- that may or may not happen (likely it will at some point) but people coming here ain't gonna be the cause of it- the fed reserve, therefore TPTB ain't gonna let that happen as they have too much riding on it- working citizens are forced to pay for the killing. Personally I'd rather be forced to pay for something humanitarian. But, to each his own- but, again, words mean things and I'd kindly suggest using them as straw man or hyperbole isn't a valid argument.

There is no strawman or hyperbole in my reply. It is a simple fact. We do not have the resources to support whomever decides they want to live here. End of thread.

This is the problem. These people think, oh what a good idea. That's nice. Without ever looking beyond their own damn noses. They never take into consideration long term consequences. EVERYTHING has consequences.
One man's trash is another man's treasure- you don't have the right nor the authority to determine a problem for any but yourself. The long term consequence of that is - listen to yourself believing something that you perceive as "the" problem for all.
My nose I don't put in other peoples shoes- try it you might find it rewarding.

This is the problem. These people think, oh what a good idea. That's nice. Without ever looking beyond their own damn noses. They never take into consideration long term consequences. EVERYTHING has consequences.
One man's trash is another man's treasure- you don't have the right nor the authority to determine a problem for any but yourself. The long term consequence of that is - listen to yourself believing something that you perceive as "the" problem for all.

The point being that you people who want open borders are not thinking clearly and disregard the consequences.

There is no strawman or hyperbole in my reply. It is a simple fact. We do not have the resources to support whomever decides they want to live here. End of thread.
Ok, thanks for participating- you've proven one of my original points- now, we can add intellectual coward to your resume.

There is nothing to stop you from helping them yourself. Take some illegal Mexicans into your home, let them camp out in your backyard. I am sure you would change your tune very quickly.

The point being that you people who want open borders are not thinking clearly and disregard the consequences.
It could be you're not innovative enough to do better- the consequence of believing the gov't or somwone else is responsible for your plight-

Ok, thanks for participating- you've proven one of my original points- now, we can add intellectual coward to your resume.

Okay, so you are insane. Got it. Like I've said, this place is chock full of self important nuts.

There is nothing to stop you from helping them yourself. Take some illegal Mexicans into your home, let them camp out in your backyard. I am sure you would change your tune very quickly.
How do you know I'm not? My tune evolves- try it you might like it.

Okay, so you are insane. Got it. Like I've said, this place is chock full of self important nuts.
Self important is believing you have an authority not granted which you introduced not me.

Irrelevant. We have social services and cannot afford to pay everyone's way. Let's be realistic.
Irrelevant to you not to me. I am very realistic- I am also very philosophical and pragmatic- migration will never stop. Period.
The "reality" of history proves it.
Then migration needs to be redirected.

There is a vacant lot. People have crossed this vacant lot for years. They have even camped on this lot. Then you bought it and built your home on the lot. Migration will never stop. Keep both your front and back doors open. There is nothing you can do.

Yeah right.

It has nothing to do with ethnicities.

It has to do with cultures.

Some people (including me) feel that some cultures are more felicitous than others.

President Trump was roundly criticized when he said that the United States would be better off having immigrants from Norway than from certain other countries.

I think that many people agreed with him, but they were afraid -- and wise -- not to say so at school or work.

I know this isn't going to change anyone's mind- too many believe only they know all there is to know about everything there is to know anything about and have made their mind up they are right despite evidence to the contrary- I'm amazed at the lack of curiosity illustrated by the refusal to read anything (more than 2 sentences) if it's contrary to what one feels-

Man has been migrating since he discovered putting one foot in front of the other took him somewhere other than where he was. Some, such as I, believe in the founding philosophy set forth in the DoI- we hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights endowed by his Creator and among these are the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness- I don't see any caveats in that phrase.

It's pretty obvious I'm out numbered in the belief that one is better than another simply because he was born in a particular place- in reading the many anti-immigrant posts I see a lot of fear being used as an excuse- a fear by those who believe they are special and subscribe to the US being exceptional- I don't think fear mongering is exceptional. It's pretty common actually, for tyrants and control freaks, and is used to sell a lot of crap- can you say 9/11? Marijuana is bad? To keep them from attacking us here? Just give up a little of your rights and you'll have more security. Is that exceptional? What was Ben Franklin credited with saying?

Then there are those who say; as long as they do it legally it's perfectly okay- if what you say is true about lowering wages etc., how does being legal change that? Do they, just all of a sudden, become exceptional too?

Then there are the obvious racist cries about the white man being displaced as top of the food chain. How can that happen to special or exceptional Individuals? If indeed one is special or exceptional it seems to me one would have, at their disposal, the means to overcome whatever is thrown in the way of their rise to fame and/or fortune. It seems that the exceptional will find a way to maintain his superiority with his Individual effort by exercising his right to pursue his life as he sees fit to achieve the happiness he has a right to. Unless of course he prefers a little security in place of a little liberty and demands the gov't protect him from the latest fear de jour- what was it Ben Franklin is credited with saying?

Maybe the superiority is merely superficial- maybe exceptional doesn't exist. Maybe being special isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Please, read all the above prior to commenting. It's in simple, easy to understand English. Just like the Declaration of Independence which is arguably the most profound document ever penned- sadly too many only pay a minimum of lip service to it and feel there is a caveat when they do, somewhere.

Did you have a point you wanted to get to?

Then migration needs to be redirected.

There is a vacant lot. People have crossed this vacant lot for years. They have even camped on this lot. Then you bought it and built your home on the lot. Migration will never stop. Keep both your front and back doors open. There is nothing you can do.

Yeah right.
FYI, redirecting isn't stopping.

Irrelevant. We have social services and cannot afford to pay everyone's way. Let's be realistic.
Irrelevant to you not to me. I am very realistic- I am also very philosophical and pragmatic- migration will never stop. Period.
The "reality" of history proves it.

We should send “migrants” to Mexico and take over their government.

Forum List

Back