WTF Panetta: US sends forces to Jordan

With Syria threatening Jordan, our ally, we have any obligation via treaty to meet. I see no problem with a move to send troops to aid an ally.

Israel is our ally too and Obama is not helping them. They just shot down a drone, They have missles coming in at them. And Obama tells them to wait to strike Iran and their nuclear stuff ..

Are those missiles coming from Iran?
No they are coming from Palenstine .. But Obama is not saying doing anything about them either.. IRAN has been threatening Israel for awhile now

Israel is our ally too and Obama is not helping them. They just shot down a drone, They have missles coming in at them. And Obama tells them to wait to strike Iran and their nuclear stuff ..

Are those missiles coming from Iran?
No they are coming from Palenstine .. But Obama is not saying doing anything about them either.. IRAN has been threatening Israel for awhile now

So? Should we invade Palestine? Gaza? Lebanon? Iran? Syria?

What do think Obama could do differently?

Obama is not healthy for children and other living things

All we are saying, is give peace a chance

Are we expecting Jordan to be attacked?

Syria has invaded them before, back in 1970.

But, this deployment is meant to help out with the number of refugees who are flocking into Jordan to avoid the civil war, which most likely involves at least some members of the opposition forces. That alone could precipitate a Syrian incursion into Jordanian territory and our troops will act as a trip-wire to that.

Also, whether the administration will admit it or not, we ARE arming and supporting the Syrian opposition and our presence in Jordan facilitates that.

Obama should return his nobel peace prize that is for sure!! He has divided this country .. I have never in my lifetime seen it as bad as it is. Well should not say in my life time . The 60s where bad but I was too young to remember them. LOL

Fighting an ideology with bombs and bullets never works, Liberals said that to Da Boooooooooooooooooooosh a billion times

What ideology? Corruption is now an ideology? It's amazing how some people will turn on a dime. Didn't the Mittster just say we should be doing more about Syria? Helping our allies sure sounds like it.

With Syria threatening Jordan, our ally, we have any obligation via treaty to meet. I see no problem with a move to send troops to aid an ally.

The last time I checked Jordon also shares a boarder with Israel so I'm sure our 'other ally' is perfectly happy with these developments.

Huh, are you against war or not? Seems pretty fluid to me, since what Obama has done isn't, but what you're talking about IS!!! :eusa_eh:

Panetta: US sends forces to Jordan - Yahoo! News

So this admin wants to cut the military by sending more troops to another country . WOW

Negged for siding with terrorists.

Like you need a reason to neg me. :badgrin: you do it because today you have enough Rep too.

If you don't get negged, how do you know if you're doing a good job? Some nights I post until I see my rep go down, so I know I've scored. :cool:

The last time I checked Jordon also shares a boarder with Israel so I'm sure our 'other ally' is perfectly happy with these developments.

Have to wonder if Obama is sending them to protect Israel or help the Islamists target their artillery more accurately

Have to wonder if Obama is sending them to protect Israel or help the Islamists target their artillery more accurately

Don't worry Barack and Bibi got it all under control.

$images.jpg

Good to see someone being objective and not just wanting to trash Obama at any opportunity.

Pay attention, when it comes to foreign affairs treaties and obligations I never play politics. We have an obligation to Jordan.

My personal opinion is we should intervene in Syria, but I doubt that will happen.

Our refusal to help the breakaway republics from Yugoslavia was a reason so many people died in THAT region. Our refusal to do anything constructive in Syria will result in more deaths and probably some terrorist taking over.

Forum List

Back