Wrestling great Dusty Rhodes dead at 69.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Never was a big fan of rassling, but i liked Dusty. Ugliest man in america but he called himself The American Dream.

WWE legend Dusty Rhodes dies at 69 Fox News

june 11 2015
Wrestling legend Dusty Rhodes died Thursday morning. He was 69.

The pro wrestler, whose real name was Virgil Runnels was famously known as "The American Dream." The cause of death is unknown.

"Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit.," the WWE told FOX411 in a statement. "Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father...a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended."

Wrestlers from that era dropping like flies

Too many roids

the only time i was in striking distance with A list wrestlers was when they did a show at my high school. still cant believe i was walking next to Gorilla Monsoon and a few others as they went to their cars.

Thanks for posting this shoot. Dusty Rhodes was the most eloquent and creative wrestler of his time. When he wasn't bleeding he'd come up with these gems like "bull of the woods". That kind of stuff made him a great announcer too. I didn't watch him to watch him wrestle, I watched him to hear him talk. You made me laugh dusty. Rest in peace.

i can still remember watching him when I was ???? forgot how old. must of been late 70's when he was in his prime i guess. I forgot!
It was indeed the 70's. Another one of his rivals was Cowboy Bill Watts.
the 70's, the decade of the greatest wrestler ever. Bruno Sammartino. till this day, no one holds a candle!
60's too. Gorilla Monsoon, Hans Mortier, Sailor Art Thomas, Bobo Brazil, Haystack Calhoon, remember those guys?

i can still remember watching him when I was ???? forgot how old. must of been late 70's when he was in his prime i guess. I forgot!
It was indeed the 70's. Another one of his rivals was Cowboy Bill Watts.
the 70's, the decade of the greatest wrestler ever. Bruno Sammartino. till this day, no one holds a candle!
60's too. Gorilla Monsoon, Hans Mortier, Sailor Art Thomas, Bobo Brazil, Haystack Calhoon, remember those guys?
i believe i started watching wrestling around 1968? and can still remember seeing McMahon Senior running the show.Back before the remote control and The Ed Sullivan Show!

my grandfather loved rasslin.....so i am familiar with the old school rasslers....what i see today is showman ship with an over cover of gay stuff....

but you are right the great rasslers are gone

Forum List

Back