Wrestler vs pro kickboxer in free fight.

Yanno, in the mid 90's, I watched a Muay Thai kickboxing demonstration at the Seaman's Club in Dubai, U.A.E. Not only were those guys fierce, but they were also champion ass kickers. I remember they asked if anyone was willing to pay 25 bucks to jump in the ring with one of them, and a big ass British sailor jumped into the ring. He looked like he stood around 6'1 and probably weighed 180 to 200 lbs, with very little body fat.

His Muay Thai opponent? Was a little skinny dude that was only about 5'7, and looked like he weighed in at 140 soaking wet.

The British sailor only lasted about 2 min. in the ring before he was knocked out.

Who do I think would come out on top between a wrestler and a kickboxer? The kickboxer, hands down.

Yanno, in the mid 90's, I watched a Muay Thai kickboxing demonstration at the Seaman's Club in Dubai, U.A.E. Not only were those guys fierce, but they were also champion ass kickers. I remember they asked if anyone was willing to pay 25 bucks to jump in the ring with one of them, and a big ass British sailor jumped into the ring. He looked like he stood around 6'1 and probably weighed 180 to 200 lbs, with very little body fat.

His Muay Thai opponent? Was a little skinny dude that was only about 5'7, and looked like he weighed in at 140 soaking wet.

The British sailor only lasted about 2 min. in the ring before he was knocked out.

Who do I think would come out on top between a wrestler and a kickboxer? The kickboxer, hands down.

The best martial arts I've seen since Bruce Lee is a movie called Ong Bak staring Tony Jaa. You Tube clips don't begin to do the whole movie justice. I've never seen fighting like this, shot in Thailand, they are Muay Thai and these guys scare me. This is real wicked fighting, not the stuff made for the cream-puff American market. The movie leaves you in a cold sweat holding onto your chair, you feel like you've been in a real fight. Many scenes are unbelievable. Makes Jackie Chan look like a bus boy. If you like a good fight movie, you owe it to yourself to watch the WHOLE movie.

The best martial arts I've seen since Bruce Lee is a movie called Ong Bak staring Tony Jaa. You Tube clips don't begin to do the whole movie justice. I've never seen fighting like this, shot in Thailand, they are Muay Thai and these guys scare me. This is real wicked fighting, not the stuff made for the cream-puff American market. The movie leaves you in a cold sweat holding onto your chair, you feel like you've been in a real fight. Many scenes are unbelievable. Makes Jackie Chan look like a bus boy. If you like a good fight movie, you owe it to yourself to watch the WHOLE movie.

If you think a movie is good, try watching them live and up close. I gotta say, that demonstration that was put on was one of the coolest (and scariest) things I've ever seen.

Depends on who is still conscious when it gets to grappling range.

Actually, Muay Thai is pretty vicious when it comes to close in fighting. In addition to using fists and feet, they also use (quite effectively) knees and elbows as well. That is one of the reasons it is known as "the 8 limb method".

Not only that, but the first and favorite target of the fighters was that they liked to do shin strikes on the thighs of their opponents.

Actually, Muay Thai is pretty vicious when it comes to close in fighting. In addition to using fists and feet, they also use (quite effectively) knees and elbows as well. That is one of the reasons it is known as "the 8 limb method".

Not only that, but the first and favorite target of the fighters was that they liked to do shin strikes on the thighs of their opponents.

Good MT fighters are definitely tough, but if a good wrestler takes the body, that’s about it.

Forum List

Back