Jeter....Unanimous???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
He doesn't get my vote.

Fine with me if he gets into the Hall of Fame...but not with 100% of the votes.

Here's why:

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
upload_2020-1-21_15-35-31.pngbrandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No ...

Soooo.....Jeter lost my respect, and my vote.

We'll see how he makes it....tonight.

Last edited:
He doesn't get my vote.

Fine with me if he gets into the Hall of Fame...but not with 100% of the vortes.

Here's why:

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
View attachment 301785brandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...

He'll probably be a unanimous choice. Thanks for this info on him, I didn't realize he was such a jerk.

He doesn't get my vote.

Fine with me if he gets into the Hall of Fame...but not with 100% of the vortes.

Here's why:

View attachment 301785brandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...

He'll probably be a unanimous choice. Thanks for this info on him, I didn't realize he was such a jerk.

For me, he isn't in the same class of human being as Mariano.

And, you know, off the field history of the individual is often a basis for the vote (Pete Rose).

Listen Derek Jeter was an immature, womanizing, thin skinned brat. If he was selfless he wouldn’t have accepted a gift like that, and another glaring indictment is he would have moved to second base and let ARod play short, who was a much better short stop than Jeter. Don’t buy into the media narratives that Jeter was the ultimate “team guy”.

Last edited:
He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Thanks, but who cares what you think

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

I get such a kick out of morons like you who rush to post in my thread about how they don't care about my posts.....

Message to imbecile: reality is defined by actions, not by works.

Drop back for another beating any time.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Oh you mean Derek Cheater? The actor who pretended he got hit by a pitch that didn't hit him?

That said, I don't agree with what you call a rationale here at all. The kid did the right thing, gave the player a one-of-a-kind memento that the player earned. Generally they compensate the fan well, although it is the Wankees so not necessarily.

Why should the kid go milk X thousand dollars on eBay for something when Jeter did all the work? You a bigly fan of not earning one's way?

Last edited:
He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Oh you mean Derek Cheater? The actor who pretended he got hit by a pitch that didn't hit him?

with everything that’s going on right now in baseball, I wouldn’t throw the word cheater in regards to a guy that leaned into a pitch. By the rule book it’s the Umps fault for awarding him the base.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Well, NO ONE cares what YOU think, ya knucklehead. Why did you even bother to comment on this thread? The only thing I can think of is you HATE PoliticalChic because she's a smart conservative woman. Really pathetic on your part.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

with everything that’s going on right now in baseball, I wouldn’t throw the word cheater in regards to a guy that leaned into a pitch. By the rule book it’s the Umps fault for awarding him the base.

It's not that he 'leaned in'. That's part of the game. It's that he was dishonest about it.

Watch.

and Joe Maddon is the one tossed? :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

That said, I don't agree with what you call a rationale here at all. The kid did the right thing, gave the player a one-of-a-kind memento that the player earned. Generally they compensate the fan well, although it is the Wankees so not necessarily.

Why should the kid go milk X thousand dollars on eBay for something when Jeter did all the work? You a bigly fan of not earning one's way?

Read more carefully.

I never said Lopez did anything wrong.

Jeter did.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

It's not that he 'leaned in'. That's part of the game. It's that he was dishonest about it.

pretending to get hit is also part of the game. It’s the umpire’s fault for awarding him the base. Every player in sports do things to fool the officials so they can get an edge.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Read more carefully.

Jeter did.

.Jeter did indeed. I just showed a video. But it wasn't what you thought was the wrong, now was it.

Nobody said Lopez 'did anything wrong'. Actually he did the right thing.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

pretending to get hit is also part of the game. It’s the umpire’s fault for awarding him the base. Every player in sports do things to fool the officials so they can get an edge.

NO, pretending to get hit ISN'T part of the game, nor is pretending you caught a ball that you shorthopped. What it is is dishonest. Just like the Black Sox throwing games wasn't part of it either. Same thing --- dishonest. "But they do it" is NEVER a way out of that.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Read more carefully.

Jeter did.

.Jeter did indeed. I just showed a video. But it wasn't what you thought was the wrong, now was it.

Lopez did a stupid thing. Derek Jeter had no right to that baseball lol. Worry about your family, not overrated ass Jeter

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

NO, pretending to get hit ISN'T part of the game, nor is pretending you caught a ball that you shorthopped. What it is is dishonest. Just like the Black Sox throwing games wasn't part of it either. Same thing --- dishonest. "But they do it" is NEVER a way out of that.

You just compared Jeter pretending to get plunked to the black Sox scandal. Can you even comprehend how ridiculous that sounds when bought to your attention?

Last edited:

You just compared Jeter pretending to get plunked to the black Sox scandal. Can you even comprehend how ridiculous that sounds when bought to your attention?

No.

Dishonest equals dishonest. Period.

He doesn't get my vote.

Here's why:

Read more carefully.

Jeter did.

Lopez did a stupid thing. Derek Jeter had no right to that baseball lol. Worry about your family, not overrated ass Jeter

Lopez did an admirable thing --- got a one-of-a-kind memento back to a player who spent years earning it.

Nothing wrong with that.

I think Jeter will be unanimous....as should many, many, many who played before him

Ruth, Cobb, Williams, DiMaggio, Mays, Aaron........

Forum List

Back