Wow, rip Neil Peart

What are your favorite songs by Rush? My 5 favorites are 1) La Villa Strangiato - The best rock instrumental I've heard. 2) Tom Sawyer - where popularity (It got LOTS of airplay.) meets virtuosity. 3) YYZ - another fantastic instrumental. 4) Red Barchetta - great song about a car and driving on the open road. 5) The Spirit Of Radio - possibly THE first song I heard by Rush, I still love this song.

Tom Sawyer and Limelight. Red Barchetta, and the Spirit of Radio, definitely, I would choose Subdivisions as my last one though.

Here he is at his absolute best.... I love the bands reactions to his solo work, which begins at the 3:53 mark....

rip Neil :crying:
What are your favorite songs by Rush? My 5 favorites are 1) La Villa Strangiato - The best rock instrumental I've heard. 2) Tom Sawyer - where popularity (It got LOTS of airplay.) meets virtuosity. 3) YYZ - another fantastic instrumental. 4) Red Barchetta - great song about a car and driving on the open road. 5) The Spirit Of Radio - possibly THE first song I heard by Rush, I still love this song.
Hard to say.
I first saw them open for Ted Nugent in 1975, then had front row the next year for the 2112 tour --Akron Ohio both times---and four more times after that ....the last time I saw Rush was 1987 or 88 in Atlanta Ga.and I've at one time or other owned almost -all of their albums on vinyl, cassettes, 8 tracks or cds.

Off the top of my head - songs that jump to mind would be
Beneath, Between and Behind ( Fly by Night)
Working Man (Rush)
YYZ (Moving Pictures)
A Farewell to Kings (title track)
Natural Science (Permanent Waves)

Last edited:
This is why he only made it to 67 most likely.
Reading is really bad for you.
mv0lgTl.jpg

Probably the least known band Neil Peart played in, Brand X, but if you love Fusion you will love Brand X

Probably the least known band Neil Peart played in, Brand X, but if you love Fusion you will love Brand X

Are you sure you don't mean Phil Collins ?
No --check it out - you were thinking of Morris Pert maybe.
Brand X

Are you sure you don't mean Phil Collins ?
No --check it out - you were thinking of Morris Pert maybe.
Brand X

Upp, I confused Morris Pert with Neil Peart.
Brand X is still a great Fusion band.

Forum List

Back