Wow... again the biased MSM won't admit their bias! Simple statement:"The U.S.done more tests in 8 days than South Korea has done in 8 weeks."

Trump’s Failing Coronavirus Response is Standard Issue Republicanism in 2020

“He’s got a certain talent for this,” President Donald Trump said of Vice President Mike Pence when entrusting him with the response to the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis. Pence’s perpetual grimace is the new face of the U.S. response to the coronavirus, after a chaotic week when the White House health team’s internecine squabbles and revolving-door corruption got a bit too public for Trump’s comfort. GOP operatives are likely relieved that their “adult in the room” has taken over. After all, Pence may be a fundamentalist zealot, but he is at least an actual “normal” policy-maker.

But a Pence-led response is dangerous, not in spite of, but precisely because he is a typical Republican. His coronavirus task force — which includes several Pence loyalists — is not particularly Trumpian. Its members are long-time political operatives, some of whom even have medical degrees. For the most part, their problem is not incompetence. It’s that they apply their competence and considerable resources in exactly the way a “normal” Republican administration would: protection for the powerful, callousness for the afflicted, and a special disdain for the “other.” In the Pence coronavirus task force, we have a clear window into what a Pence presidency would look like. The answer should scare you.

Trump's stopping the flights from China early on prevented the explosion of infections that the EU has, thank you President Trump.
View attachment 315518

We have had one day of slowing growth and you are claiming victory...weird

and why does your chart show days that have not happened yet?

View attachment 315520
My chart "projects" one number, its a SWAG based on graphs like yours. Your graph of new cases doesn't track active cases like mine where I subtract the recovered number from the total cases number.

so, your chart is fake....thanks for being open about it
My chart is real, your IQ is apparently too low to understand it.
(you need to understand a calendar to understand my graph)

Your chart is bullshit as it makes up data that has not yet happened. You have nothing to base your "guess" on other than your "I LOVE TRUMP MORE THAN MY LIFE" hysteria.

You must be a Liberal Arts major that doesn't get numbers.
There is a word called "trend" and another called "probability" that you might want to research

The automated test had to be invented and approved by the FDA. by many companies, that takes a reasonable time period. Thank you for your patience.

And why did we wait till March to start that process?

Why did we not start it on 21 Jan like South Korea did?

Different tests, different accuracies.
The FDA needs to approve the US tests and the "global" tests were not accurate enough to be approved by the FDA.

And why did we wait till March to start that process?

Please provide a link that proves that the commercial labs did not start work on the automated tests until March.

You and the MSM keep distorting Trump's record of accomplishment.
1. Trump's stopping flights from China gave the US time to get new commercial testing capacity approved
2. The CDC's testing cap0acity was inadequate for COVID-19. It was fine for Ebola, but not this pandemic.
3. The US is doing way better than the EU, so Trump deserves praise, not criticism

1. He did not stop flights, he restricted who could be on them. And he did this in Jan but we did not get testing approved till March...WHY
2. Yes we all know that part....why did it take us till March to figure this out?
3. I do not give a fuck about the EU. Funny how when I compare our testing to South Korea your only response is to change the subject.

I am not bashing Trump, I am bashing our government...quit being so damn defensive...it makes you irrational

“He’s got a certain talent for this,” President Donald Trump said of Vice President Mike Pence when entrusting him with the response to the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis. Pence’s perpetual grimace is the new face of the U.S. response to the coronavirus, after a chaotic week when the White House health team’s internecine squabbles and revolving-door corruption got a bit too public for Trump’s comfort. GOP operatives are likely relieved that their “adult in the room” has taken over. After all, Pence may be a fundamentalist zealot, but he is at least an actual “normal” policy-maker.

But a Pence-led response is dangerous, not in spite of, but precisely because he is a typical Republican. His coronavirus task force — which includes several Pence loyalists — is not particularly Trumpian. Its members are long-time political operatives, some of whom even have medical degrees. For the most part, their problem is not incompetence. It’s that they apply their competence and considerable resources in exactly the way a “normal” Republican administration would: protection for the powerful, callousness for the afflicted, and a special disdain for the “other.” In the Pence coronavirus task force, we have a clear window into what a Pence presidency would look like. The answer should scare you.

Trump's stopping the flights from China early on prevented the explosion of infections that the EU has, thank you President Trump.
View attachment 315518

View attachment 315520
My chart "projects" one number, its a SWAG based on graphs like yours. Your graph of new cases doesn't track active cases like mine where I subtract the recovered number from the total cases number.

Your chart is bullshit as it makes up data that has not yet happened. You have nothing to base your "guess" on other than your "I LOVE TRUMP MORE THAN MY LIFE" hysteria.

There is a word called "trend" and another called "probability" that you might want to research

Actually I am a Data Scientist, with a Masters in analytics. There is no trend after one day of slowed growth, you just made it up so that your god in the White House will look better. Your every post has one purpose, to defend Trump....that is all you seem to live for.

The US testing regime at the start was the CDC as left by Obama, Trump had to hire the commercial labs to get the needed capacity. There was no "disgrace" except for the outdated CDC lab capacity Trump inherited.
Tramp had 3 years to fix the CDC, but he was too busy playing golf and holding hate rallies. So the pathological liar inherited his own incompetence!

Trump claimed that the United States has "done more tests in eight days than South Korea has done in eight weeks."
And the MSM truly biased LEFT wing Politifact.org... (If you don't believe check out this web site: PolitiFact Bias
has PROVEN him WRONG! Once again...
"The president’s statement frames the data in a way that is misleading and doesn’t accurately represent the status of the American response to COVID-19.
We rate it False."

FACTS are this according to the left wing biased PolitiFACT.org (which by the way is OWNED by the Democrat controlled Poynter Institute a NON-Profit that owns the Tampa bay times which because they are non-profit FORCED
the Tampa Tribune out of business..) 'Tampa Bay Times' buys, shuts down rival 'Tampa Tribune'

"In eight days, the United States performed almost as many tests as South Korea did in eight weeks, but not necessarily more."

Yes! Trump was WRONG! Wow! by 7,000 TESTS! What a braggart! 8 days 331,000 tests vs
FACT is Its current tally of 359,000 tests per 327 million people comes out to about 1,084 tests per million.
Korea number of tests:
Between March 15 and March 24, the United States conducted about 331,000 tests, per the tracker.

Out of curiosity, we looked at the March 23 data for South Korea as well. At that point, they had run 338,036 tests.
So even if Trump was off by a day, the American figure still falls short.

AND KOREA after nearly 2 months of processing....As of March 23, about 338,036 people had been tested, and testing began in early February.

But the biased PoliticFact has to be right! 8 days 331,000 tests by USA versus 60 days 338,036 test by Koreans.

AND TRUMP was WRONG!!!

Don't you people comprehend how hateful the MSM is of Trump? YES TRUMP was wrong in specific FACTS BUT his point was VALID! The USA did in 8 days what took Korea 60 days! That is a FACT!

What you and the MSM miss is that we were 8 weeks behind South Korea as far as ramping up testing.

This is the real problem, but it is one that none of you will touch

And YOU ARE RIGHT... the USA WAS behind in the TESTING process.
That is a FACT. And the FACT was that prior administrations CDC management required all Testing be done by CDC.

But at the moment, they’re not allowed to do that without FDA approval.
When the United States declared the outbreak a public health emergency on 31 January, a bureaucratic process kicked in that requires FDA’s “emergency use approval” for any tests.
“The declaration of a public health emergency did exactly what it shouldn’t have. It limited the diagnostic capacity of this country,” Mina says. “It’s insane.”

AND when was this "bureaucratic process" begin???

Section 564 of the FD&C Act was amended by the Project Bioshield Act of 2004 and was further amended by the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013 (PAHPRA),
the 21st Century Cures Act of 2016,

UNDER the Obama administration, the
"bureaucratic process" started!

And so President Trump WAS RIGHT!
Prior administration through the 21st Century Cures Act of 2016, required CDC to do the processing of the tests.

FACTS FOLKS!!!

The US testing regime at the start was the CDC as left by Obama, Trump had to hire the commercial labs to get the needed capacity. There was no "disgrace" except for the outdated CDC lab capacity Trump inherited.
Tramp had 3 years to fix the CDC, but he was too busy playing golf and holding hate rallies. So the pathological liar inherited his own incompetence!

The FACT was that prior administrations CDC management required all Testing be done by CDC.

But at the moment, they’re not allowed to do that without FDA approval.
When the United States declared the outbreak a public health emergency on 31 January, a bureaucratic process kicked in that requires FDA’s “emergency use approval” for any tests.
“The declaration of a public health emergency did exactly what it shouldn’t have. It limited the diagnostic capacity of this country,” Mina says. “It’s insane.”

AND when was this "bureaucratic process" begin???

Section 564 of the FD&C Act was amended by the Project Bioshield Act of 2004 and was further amended by the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013 (PAHPRA),
the 21st Century Cures Act of 2016,

UNDER the Obama administration, the "bureaucratic process" started!

Prior administration through the 21st Century Cures Act of 2016, required CDC to do the processing of the tests.

FACTS FOLKS!!!

And idiots like you chasten Trump for NOT correcting this?
Trump LOVES America and American businesses so much more than Obama who hated America as evidenced by these STATEMENTS and policies by Obama that HARMED America.
Trump IS 180 degrees different and KNEW the attached statements and policies WERE hurting
America ...hence he's spent the first 3 years FIXING these stupid statements and policies.
By the way... I just paid $1.24 per gal for GAS.... and the reason IS because Trump has made the USA energy independent!
Obamaantibus011320.png

He's wrong about the number of tests conducted.

Hang him.

And then call someone who cares.
He lies and misinformation should not be normalized or excused.

Trump continued on Wednesday to misrepresent just how aggressively the United States has implemented a coronavirus testing regime that will allow public health officials to identify, isolate and treat sickened individuals. That process, epidemiologists say, is the only way to halt the pandemic, which has sickened 65,000 Americans and killed more than 900.

The United States has, in recent days, rapidly increased the number of tests conducted daily, and the COVID Tracking Project, which compiles data from across the country, found that 433,545 people in the U.S. had been tested by Wednesday evening.

It is unclear, owing to a lack of information from China, whether that is in fact the largest number of people tested by a single country, although it appears improbable based on the figures available. Trump’s claim is also misleading, since it does not take into account the difference in population between the U.S. and smaller countries like South Korea.

Here is the US testing capacity before the automated systems were up and running, about 44,000 tests per day as of 3/21. Your link to the "tracking project" shows that we're now over 100,000 tests per day, and that will be increasing as more locations come on line. So Trump's claim is NOT misleading, its accurate.
View attachment 315516

You should be more worried that Joe Biden's senility is getting worse every week, than trying to nit-pick and lie about Trump.

Your chart should be an embarrassment, not something to brag about. Why the hell were we not doing 40,000 test a day back in the start of March?
The US testing regime at the start was the CDC as left by Obama, Trump had to hire the commercial labs to get the needed capacity. Going forward its fixed, thank you president Trump. Hire the experts, not more government bureaucrats.

And why did we not do that in Feb instead of late March?

The automated test had to be invented and approved by the FDA. by many companies, that takes a reasonable time period. Thank you for your patience.
I’m waiting for a result to come back that was sent to a commercial lab a week ago.

A week ago was also when you told me we had an over capacity for testing.

Hilarious.

LOL, have to laugh at all the TDS morons that start babbling about “per capita” testing. President Trump was talking about the raw numbers.
And that is because the raw numbers are deliberately misleading, but that wasn't enough for lying scum like Tramp, he had to lie about the raw numbers on top of it!

At this stage do we know if Trump is lying?

He has surrounded himself with so many yes men loyalists do you think anyone tells him the truth. He might be delusional and actually when he calls the Media fake, he actually believes it ,

View attachment 315518

View attachment 315520

Actually I am a Data Scientist, with a Masters in analytics. There is no trend after one day of slowed growth, you just made it up so that your god in the White House will look better. Your every post has one purpose, to defend Trump....that is all you seem to live for.

OK, if you disagree with my graph, put up yours with a small projection and we'll see whose is closer to actual. I'm not trying to skew the data, but it does look to me that the bell curve peak is forming. Here is an article that says US deaths could peak in about 3-weeks, so the case peak should be soon if he's right:

Yes I defend Trump from the biased MSM, and biased posters on this USMB. I usually post with credible links to support my post. I happen to like Trump as president, and know that I would not like Biden or Bernie as president.

"In eight days, the United States performed almost as many tests as South Korea did in eight weeks, but not necessarily more."
The real story is that Trump gave the virus a two month head start to spread all over America completely uncontained, how wide and how far it was spreading completely unknown, allowing it to spread like wildfire, leading to the Congress having to cough up $2 trillion to pay for his mistake.

All the while denying the seriousness of the virus, claiming it was under control, and calling it the Democrats new hoax.

FACTS FOLKS!!!
Lies folks, LIES!
Please cite exactly where in the 21st century cures act of 2016 does it mention requiring the CDC to do the processing of the tests. I have read through the law and it puts the testing in the hands of the National Institute of Standards and Technology NOT the CDC.
The lying scum Right-wing like to name drop because they know their skulls of mush will never check their "sources."

He's wrong about the number of tests conducted.

Hang him.

And then call someone who cares.
So with THE below facts maybe he should have said:

8 days 331,000 tests vs FACT is Its current tally of 359,000 tests per 327 million people comes out to about 1,084 tests per million.
Korea number of tests:
Between March 15 and March 24, the United States conducted about 331,000 tests, per the tracker.

FACTS FOLKS!!!
Lies folks, LIES!
Please cite exactly where in the 21st century cures act of 2016 does it mention requiring the CDC to do the processing of the tests. I have read through the law and it puts the testing in the hands of the National Institute of Standards and Technology NOT the CDC.
The lying scum Right-wing like to name drop because they know their skulls of mush will never check their "sources."

Really???

Subtitle G–Facilitating Collaborative Research
(Sec. 1121) The NIH and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must implement a system that allows further research on clinical trial data.
(Sec. 1122) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) must expand surveillance of neurological diseases.
Subtitle H–Vaccine Access, Certainty, and Innovation

(Sec. 2141) The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices must expedite review of certain vaccines.
The CDC must provide a vaccine developer, upon request, with information on public health needs and priorities and certain epidemiological analyses or data.

FACTS FOLKS!!!
Lies folks, LIES!

Really???

(Sec. 1121) The NIH and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must implement a system that allows further research on clinical trial data.
(Sec. 1122) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) must expand surveillance of neurological diseases.

(Sec. 2141) The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices must expedite review of certain vaccines.
The CDC must provide a vaccine developer, upon request, with information on public health needs and priorities and certain epidemiological analyses or data.

Thank you for proving there is NOTHING in the law requiring CDC to
PROCESS the tests. Surveillance and providing data does NOT require processing the tests. But you knew that when you posted your lie.

FACTS FOLKS!!!
Lies folks, LIES!

Really???

PROCESS the tests. Surveillance and providing data does NOT require processing the tests. But you knew that when you posted your lie.

And of course this happened under Obama's administration.
Just like the fact the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009 led to 274,304 hospitalizations, 12,469 deaths,
and a severe shortage of masks of N95 respirator masks in the United States.
According to Bloomberg News, the national stockpile—which is governed by the Health and Human Services Department—”distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”
The stockpile was depleted of about 100 million masks during the swine flu epidemic, Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Assn. told the LA Times.
Johnson’s association and a federally sponsored task force both recommended to the Obama administration that the stockpile be replenished, according to the Times.
Johnson said that advice was never heeded. “Our association is unaware of any major effort to restore the stockpile to cover that drawdown,” he said.

FACTS FOLKS!!!
Lies folks, LIES!

Really???

And of course this happened under Obama's administration.
Just like the fact the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009 led to 274,304 hospitalizations, 12,469 deaths,
and a severe shortage of masks of N95 respirator masks in the United States.
According to Bloomberg News, the national stockpile—which is governed by the Health and Human Services Department—”distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”
The stockpile was depleted of about 100 million masks during the swine flu epidemic, Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Assn. told the LA Times.
Johnson’s association and a federally sponsored task force both recommended to the Obama administration that the stockpile be replenished, according to the Times.
Johnson said that advice was never heeded. “Our association is unaware of any major effort to restore the stockpile to cover that drawdown,” he said.
Tramp has claimed that he has replenished the stockpile MANY TIMES so you can't use this lie any more without admitting Tramp is a pathological liar!

Question: ON THE STOCKPILE FOR SUPPLIES FOR THE PANDEMIC, YESTERDAY YOU BLAMED YOUR PREDECESSOR SAYING "WE TOOK OVER AN EMPTY SHELF." YOU HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT FOR OVER THREE YEARS. WHY DID YOU NOT FILL THE SHELVES?

Tramp: WE HAVE BEEN FILLING IT FOR LITERALLY A YEAR. WE HAVE BEEN FILLING UP THE STOCKPILE MANY TIMES.

Forum List

Back