Would You Want to Have Neighbors Like These?

Meh, sounds to me like the home-owner is a slack jawed faggot.

Plus I could borrow a Malinois. ;)

143755e932a9a9b9b3d7f4c3681a57d4--belgium-malinois-pet-quotes.jpg

da1f125208c260bad16ec7505e4f89c9.jpg

087c05ecb5117c370a2c9026e8f4a382.jpg

Last edited:
I can understand the neighbors' disappointment - losing the "community" pool - but to keep bringing it up after they have been told in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome...that is unacceptable. If it were me (and I was not inclined to allow them to use my pool), I'd probably get some sort of privacy fence.

I can understand the neighbors' disappointment - losing the "community" pool - but to keep bringing it up after they have been told in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome...that is unacceptable. If it were me (and I was not inclined to allow them to use my pool), I'd probably get some sort of privacy fence.

It is fenced.

I wouldn't. I probably would want to move. Or place a restraining order on them.

I lived in three homes with pools. Never heard of any neighbors acting like that.

I suspect the article is a significant embellishment.

Probably the fact that the previous owner let the neighborhood use the pool is true. Especially if the kids played with one another. Maybe the neighbors asked the new owners if they would do the same. However, unlikely they were obnoxious about it.

At one of my homes we had an elderly couple as neighbors. The Lady was a very nice person and we told her she could use our pool anytime she wanted. She made it part of her daily exercise to come over and use it for a half hour or so. Usually when my wife and I were working. Never when we were entertaining other people. Very seldom on the weekends. Always quiet and never a problem.

I'd just move. These people are not going to let up and every time you want to swim in your own pool they'd be emitting bad vibes. I'd never have a pool again anyway, they're too much work and cost too much to keep up.
Like I said in my other post I have lived in three homes with pools.

All three in Florida where the pool could be used for seven months of the year.

We enjoyed it when we were younger. It was great when our kids were at home. We taught our sons to swim as infants.

It was really great when our sons were teens and the pool became a place where their friends hung out, especially their hot girlfriends.

We have a pool in our retirement home now. It is relaxing for my wife and I to go into it but not the fun it was when we were younger. The real fun is the grandkids using it now.

Maintenance and upkeep are not really problems. Although it did cost us ten grand to resurface the pool a couple of years ago.

The pool adds about $50K to the value of our home.

Last edited:
Back in the day, we had something called a "muzzle loader" ... a type of gun ... we could put in bunches of extra powder, just no slug ... and make a BIG BANG ... like 88 mm artillery ...

Shuts the neighbors up ...

One thing that can be done is asking them if you can do things on their property in return. Also, another thing that can be done is telling them that they can only have the pool one day a week or something like that. Just make some kind of arrangement that both camps can be comfortable with. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back