Would you support this gun reform bill?

I have an idea of a new gun reform bill which I feel would be a fair compromise between both sides of the issue.

The basically layout of the bill is as follows....

1; A complete ban on direct private person-to-person sales & the establishment of Firearms Brokerages.
Under this law, it would be illegal for a gun owner to sale their gun to another person. Instead, all private sales would be required to go through firearms brokerages. These would be private businesses which handle all private sales. They would handle background checks, would hold firearms during required waiting periods, etc. Brokerages would also keep records of all sales, and customers. They would have on record the name, address, and other information of any person who purchased a firearm. This information would only be made available to law enforcement or the government with a warrant signed by a judge.

2; A complete ban on all full auto weapons, and all attachments and modifications which allow a semi-auto weapon fire at a full auto or near full-auto rate. Possession of a functional full-auto weapon, except by military or law enforcement, or licensed private security firms would be a federal felony.

3; A ban on public carry of all firearms which are not properly holstered. In other words, no more carrying rifles and shotguns around. And no carrying sidearms unless they are in a proper holster. Again this wouldn't apply to on-duty law enforcement, military, or licensed private security firms who are actively performing their duties.

4; Active prosecution of any state or local clerks or officials who fail to properly log mental health or criminal histories into the federal background check database. Cases of neglect, would result in misdemeanor charges. Cases where a person is found to have intentionally refused to properly report this information would result in felony charges.

5; Automatic accomplice charges for all cases where a gun is knowingly sold to a criminal. What this means is that if a personally knowingly and intentionally sales a gun to a criminal, they will be automatically charged as accomplices to any crimes committed using that gun. If the criminal uses the gun to murder someone, the seller will be charged with murder.

6; No second amendment rights to any person who is a member of any organization which is designated as a terrorist group, a criminal organization, or is currently being investigated for a violent and/or gang related crime.

No. Typical fascist you are, we lose, you lose nothing.

That's not a compromise.

And, for the record, we are no longer compromising anyway.

So go piss up a rope.

I have an idea of a new gun reform bill which I feel would be a fair compromise between both sides of the issue.

1; A complete ban on direct private person-to-person sales & the establishment of Firearms Brokerages.
Under this law, it would be illegal for a gun owner to sale their gun to another person. Instead, all private sales would be required to go through firearms brokerages. These would be private businesses which handle all private sales. They would handle background checks, would hold firearms during required waiting periods, etc. Brokerages would also keep records of all sales, and customers. They would have on record the name, address, and other information of any person who purchased a firearm. This information would only be made available to law enforcement or the government with a warrant signed by a judge.

2; A complete ban on all full auto weapons, and all attachments and modifications which allow a semi-auto weapon fire at a full auto or near full-auto rate. Possession of a functional full-auto weapon, except by military or law enforcement, or licensed private security firms would be a federal felony.

3; A ban on public carry of all firearms which are not properly holstered. In other words, no more carrying rifles and shotguns around. And no carrying sidearms unless they are in a proper holster. Again this wouldn't apply to on-duty law enforcement, military, or licensed private security firms who are actively performing their duties.

4; Active prosecution of any state or local clerks or officials who fail to properly log mental health or criminal histories into the federal background check database. Cases of neglect, would result in misdemeanor charges. Cases where a person is found to have intentionally refused to properly report this information would result in felony charges.

5; Automatic accomplice charges for all cases where a gun is knowingly sold to a criminal. What this means is that if a personally knowingly and intentionally sales a gun to a criminal, they will be automatically charged as accomplices to any crimes committed using that gun. If the criminal uses the gun to murder someone, the seller will be charged with murder.

6; No second amendment rights to any person who is a member of any organization which is designated as a terrorist group, a criminal organization, or is currently being investigated for a violent and/or gang related crime.

No. Because you didn't even begin to address the real problem. Criminals are the problem.

You can reform or take away all the guns you want but it does not fix the problem and the problem is nutballs and criminals. You can take away every gun or write all the rules you want about guns but it doesn't change the fact the nutballs and criminals will still be here. They are real problem, not the guns.

Theres no law who states guns can be limited or mags. They can be limited.

how do guns in the hands of Law Abiders endanger anyone?

The thing should be to discourage CRIMINALS from carrying guns, while encouraging Law-abiders.

If someone is a criminal, the last thing they want to do is to pick an armed individual to try and victimize. If I am walking through the New York City subway with a gun, and a couple of thugs pull a firearm on me and demand my money- the last thing they want to see is me whipping it out and making it an even fight.

If I am unarmed, and just tell them to "go F themselves", they can leave without any bad consequences

/----/ So this would be your first steps to total ban and confiscation.

As a reminder:

Second Amendment​

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

/-----/ Wouldn't it be easier to simply outlaw mass murders?
1654429617413.png

------------------------------------------------------
anybody can be a criminals is they have an AR 15 or some others. I vote for only 10 cartridges for any magazine.
/----/ Here's a crazy idea, why not enforce the laws already on the books and court tested?

“One of the most frustrating things that I hear is when people say – who are opposed to any further laws – ‘Why don’t you just enforce the laws that are on the books?’” Obama said. “And those very same members of Congress then cut (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) budgets to make it impossible to enforce the law.” - BHO

/----/ Here's a crazy idea, why not enforce the laws already on the books and court tested?

“One of the most frustrating things that I hear is when people say – who are opposed to any further laws – ‘Why don’t you just enforce the laws that are on the books?’” Obama said. “And those very same members of Congress then cut (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) budgets to make it impossible to enforce the law.” - BHO
But then Biden came along and made it rain with hundreds of billions, if not trillions..So, what’s the excuse today?

Yeah, I am only imagine how this would work out. Currently, speaking out against teachers at board meetings would put you on the terrorist list. It wouldn't take long for anyone NOT supporting the Democratic Party to be added. This would be total disaster.

Forum List

Back