Would you support a Candidate Min Discloser Law.

Would you support a Candidate Minimum Discloser law.

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Need more Details.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Tax returns should absoutly be released as that is a federal manor and absolute transparency is needed.

The whole "oooo ooo! Obama should release his school records!" is just a pathetic diversion from the right wing trolls as they have nothing else just like his birth certificate nonsense. There are no educational requirements to run for elected office.

So then no, Even if Obama was not running, You would not support requiring releasing Grades?

Seriously?

lol

No, I could care less what Willard's grades were in prep school, but his tax returns are extremely important.

Willard should have nothing to hide by releasing his tax returns like his father and Obama has, unless he has something to hide like tax evasion which is a federal offense.

That he refuses to release the returns alone is the issue; whether he has anything to hide or not.

It’s illustrative of Romney’s arrogance, where he doesn’t believe the rules apply to him (a consistent theme during his life and career), and how out of touch he is with average Americans, who must indeed abide by the rules.

There should be a 1 question test to be president.

1. Do you want to be President?

If the answer is "yes" or an affirmative of any kind, they should be disqualified. Anyone who wants the power should be kept from it.

Ok, So we hear a lot about how Romney should Release More Tax Info, and Obama never released his College Records.

So my question is simple.

would you support the general idea (details to be worked out) on a Law that Requires Candidates to Release a min number of Years of Tax Returns, As well as all School Grades?

Umm, candidates are already required to release a minimum number of years of tax returns.

Really what is the min? So far Romney has released only 1 year.

This site is Pathetically Partisan and Divided. We can't even discuss the General Idea of having some standards as to what a Candidate should release. With out it devolving into a partisan Fight.

You people need to learn to detach your thinking from Emotion more often. Look at the poll questions not in the Context of Obama vs Romney. Think of them in the Abstract. Use some logic, for pete's sake.

I am starting to develop a very serious dislike for Partisans from Both sides. You are the problem!

Ok, So we hear a lot about how Romney should Release More Tax Info, and Obama never released his College Records.

would you support the general idea (details to be worked out) on a Law that Requires Candidates to Release a min number of Years of Tax Returns, As well as all School Grades?

Umm, candidates are already required to release a minimum number of years of tax returns.

All candidates for federal office are required to file disclosures with the FEC regarding their personal fiances.

So then no, Even if Obama was not running, You would not support requiring releasing Grades?

Seriously?

lol

No, I could care less what Willard's grades were in prep school, but his tax returns are extremely important.

Willard should have nothing to hide by releasing his tax returns like his father and Obama has, unless he has something to hide like tax evasion which is a federal offense.

That he refuses to release the returns alone is the issue; whether he has anything to hide or not.

It’s illustrative of Romney’s arrogance, where he doesn’t believe the rules apply to him (a consistent theme during his life and career), and how out of touch he is with average Americans, who must indeed abide by the rules.

What rule, you pompous asshole?? What fucking rule??

My God, you're such a fucking liar!

ETA: I voted 'No'. If a candidate WANTS to release them he or she should. If a candidate wants his/her opponent to release them, that candidate should be ready and willing to release their own.

Last edited:
This site is Pathetically Partisan and Divided. We can't even discuss the General Idea of having some standards as to what a Candidate should release. With out it devolving into a partisan Fight.

You people need to learn to detach your thinking from Emotion more often. Look at the poll questions not in the Context of Obama vs Romney. Think of them in the Abstract. Use some logic, for pete's sake.

I am starting to develop a very serious dislike for Partisans from Both sides. You are the problem!

Personally, I think it is none of our business, despite the fact that pretty much the whole planet disagrees with me.

Seriously?

lol

The rules actually say that it is illegal to release tax returns because they are protected under federal privacy laws, I would think a wannabe lawyer would know that.

I say no.

Like term limits, I agree with the principle while opposing a regulatory or legislative remedy.

If we really want candidates to disclose these records, we should demand it or choose to withhold our vote, not legislate it.

Further, these issues should be addressed in the primaries.

so we can pick on romney about his dog, his girlfriend, his high school years but we should not question obama's college admission forms, grades, and thesis? do we have that about right hypocrites?

I voted "no." Delves too much into an invasion of privacy, regardless of the political party of the candidate in question.

In the matter of tax returns, it really opens matters of class and wealth envy to a voter's prejudices. Grades can also be personal things, which may not take into account personal growth, whether during schooling or well-after. Anything less than perfection will be spun as a flaw or deficiency of the candidate and too much may be made of it.

More of interest are things such as a person's voting record, a person's purported stances on issues and advocacies, and of course integrity.

I voted "no." Delves too much into an invasion of privacy, regardless of the political party of the candidate in question.

Invasion of Privacy? They are applying to be president of the United states for Christ Sake.

Do you argue Invasion of Privacy when a employer asks you for your Grades on an Application?

If you want Privacy don't run for President.

Invasion of Privacy? They are applying to be president of the United states for Christ Sake.

Do you argue Invasion of Privacy when a employer asks you for your Grades on an Application?

If your employer asked for your tax returns would you hand them over?

Tax returns should absoutly be released as that is a federal manor and absolute transparency is needed.

The whole "oooo ooo! Obama should release his school records!" is just a pathetic diversion from the right wing trolls as they have nothing else just like his birth certificate nonsense. There are no educational requirements to run for elected office.

Seriously?

lol

I take it only people like Geithner (and countless other Obama appointees) are forgiven for tax evasion. Only liberals can claim it was a mistake and correct it -after getting caught- with no reprisals. (much like Holder changed his story and instead of being charged with perjury, just "corrected" his testimony).

I would guess that someone in the IRS, a liberal perhaps, has already gone over Romney's returns and if anything had been found, a "random" audit would have happened and it would become public quickly if any crime had occurred.

Talking about Romney's tax returns adds more fuel to the class war started by Obama. I think they'd prefer if he didn't release them just so they can make stuff up. I bet he will release them eventually to make them look like fools.

If your employer asked for your tax returns would you hand them over?
Yes, if my employer were federal, state or local government; and I was running for elected office where the citizens paid my salary with tax monies.

All candidates for federal office are required to file disclosures with the FEC regarding their personal fiances.

True. In regard to campaign expenditures and donations.

Once elected, then disclosures are to be filed with the FEC regarding personal finances, income, gifts, etc.

Last edited:
If I thought something would ever satisfy the insanity of the right I would probably say yes. Do we really want the right calling for a release of Obama's pre-school grades? Do we want the rights demanding we find out Obama's DVD rentals for the past 5 years? Do we want the right demanding full disclosure from Obama's children as to what fairy tales he reads them at night?

Personally I feel that we should be able to poke around in their lives to find out what they have done. If an employer can access my credit history and my facebook page then i think we should be able to look a lot deeper into all the candidates. I don't think it will solve much in regards to the calls for more information. The right cannot even accept Obama's legitimate Birth certificate, why would they accept that his grades from college were honest?

Take Obama out of it, Say it's after obama. Would you support it. It's not about this one Election, or this one president.

DVD rentals? um, No that is why we should put the Requirements down on paper in a law, so we have standards everyone Releases, I doubt DVD rentals would make it into the law. lol

I really think it is crazy we don't have some sort of Minimum Standards of Discloser For Potential Candidates.

I say a Min of 10 Years of tax Returns, and at a min their basic Grades from High school and if applicable College should be required.

Don't see how anything before High school and College would be needed really.

Perhaps a good thing that could come from this Horrible Partisan Back and forth we have, Could be some Standards. Regardless of how you feel about Either Obama or Romney this fight has put the spotlight on the fact that we really don't have any Standards that we require of Candidates.

I do support it. You make a choice to be president, and part of that choice should be losing all privacy for those years.yes you should have to show us your entire life so we can understand you better. You of course referring to the candidate.

And I did not say I did not support it because of Obama, I just said the nothing would be good enough for the right where he is concerned, but it certainly sounds correct. You may find that I do not follow dems ideas blindly. I have my ideas of what is right, and a lot of times they clash with the dems, but the tends to clash with republicans worse.

The General Idea...yes. I'm with you.

The details?

Well....part of my job is to credential persons who volunteer to help out in an emergency. I was shocked that there was so many frauds who say they are RN's, surgeons, chemists, etc.... who have questionable training if any training at all. I'm not sure what their game is but we won't find out in one of our shelters. Anyway, the sourcing profile we utilize are registrants with something like the NLN, state boards, etc...

There are legally recognized and well respected--TOTALLY APOLITICAL--institutions that could tell us--without spin--when person X was employed by this company or that company, when their law license was issued/expired/suspended, etc...

I tend to think that self-disclosures are not the way to go. Why? Because you would absolutely end up with (its hard to imagine) a lower tier of individual running for office than we currently have.

Here is what I think we should do, each candidate who wishes should pay the FBI to gather this information going back to when they became an adult--18 y/o.

-When they were registered to vote for example
-When an accredited college issued them a diploma
-When they took the state boards/bar exam.....
-Where their W2's came from each year

Basically any brush the candidate had with any state board/department/etc is recorded. Hell, driving records would be released too.

This would deliver an official profile for anyone serious enough to run for office.
Now, if a candidate doesn't want to put her/his past through this scrutiny, so be it. If a candidate wants to release her/his tax returns great. But this would create a baseline profile for candidates outside of the flowery rhetoric and posturing that is bound to happen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back