Would You Sign a Petition for Free College?

no

it costs too much
If we made all parents co-sign for any student loan, we would never have had this problem

That's how GD dumb we were. Giving a pimply faced 18 yr old all that cash. I swear to God stupidity made these colleges so GD rich. If mama and papa got the collection calls and diminished credit score shit would happen

LOL....Not hardly.

In fact any .gov involvement in student loans should be eliminated. Any moneys loaned should be by private lending institutions that balance the real risk of lending money for a degree against the recipient's ability to pay the loan back stipulated in the terms of the loan.

Now if a college wants to hand-out free rides (for anything) on their own hook by digging deep into their endowments then that's on them. Have at it.

no

it costs too much
What costs too much and does absolutely nothing for the American people, is our ridiculous war industry. Let’s invest in our people which will garner huge returns, rather than enriching imperialists and war profiteers who kill and destroy.

What costs too much and does absolutely nothing for the American people, is our ridiculous war industry. Let’s invest in our people which will garner huge returns, rather than enriching imperialists and war profiteers who kill and destroy.
It’s a case of priorities

Being the policeman of the world is a priority
Having an educated population isn’t

FREE!!!!
1639934898405.png

Palin was a joke and an embarrassment to our country
A perfect example of Conservative disdain for education
We feel the same about the Vegetable you installed in the White House. The 9nly difference is we ALL know it's true

There used to be an expression in common usage, "college material." In the Pre-Vietnam, Pre-Baby Boom era there were only enough college "seats" to accommodate about a fourth of graduating seniors. If you weren't in the top 25% intellectually, you wouldn't get into college. In short, you weren't "college material." Vietnam and the Baby Boom changed all that. Unfortunately.

In today's world the same situation prevails but "we" cannot accept it. Only about a fourth of the population has what it takes to be a "professional," or a manager, or a resource manager...but more than half of HS grads are going to college.

To be blunt, this is bullshit. I would gladly pay for as much "higher education" as any student could properly achieve, if the dunderheads who are not "college material" were weeded out. No shame there. They can be a technician, tradesman, craftsman, or just somebody who works hard for a day's pay and earns a good living.

For the record, this is pretty much how they handle higher education in Germany. It works. It's free - even for foreigners.

I support free Community College or Trade School for all

If the point of the OP is …..how do we pay for it?
It is a worthy tax expenditure
We have that free in our state. We use the lottery, so we didnt have to raise taxes on people.
Of course, things usually work better at the state level. I know you federal supremacists refuse to see that but i am used to it. Thats why i simply call you the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet and move on.

If we made all parents co-sign for any student loan, we would never have had this problem

That's how GD dumb we were. Giving a pimply faced 18 yr old all that cash. I swear to God stupidity made these colleges so GD rich. If mama and papa got the collection calls and diminished credit score shit would happen
BUMP

What about "recourse" financing, with the colleges backstopping the student loans. If the student defaults, the institution has to eat the loss - up to a set percentage.

Wouldn't it be funny if the colleges then started evaluating students and loans based on their expected creditworthiness after graduation. Majoring in Wimmins' Studies?....Nope. Get your own financing.

Har de har har.

NO. Make that, HELL NO !!!

College age students are old enough to learn that NOTHING in life is free. It's time for them to learn that we have to work, and EARN the things we want in life. Learning, and accepting, these ideas could well be the most important things they ever learn.

Just imagine how great it would be if the lazy-assed, worthless BLM slugs, and their disgusting supporters learned these things and stopped rioting and whining for ever more free shit. Lol...it'll never happen.

The Biden regime is encouraging the growth of government dependents. "Free Stuff for All" is Santa Biden's only real policy idea. A sure vote getter.

What about "recourse" financing, with the colleges backstopping the student loans. If the student defaults, the institution has to eat the loss - up to a set percentage.

Wouldn't it be funny if the colleges then started evaluating students and loans based on their expected creditworthiness after graduation. Majoring in Wimmins' Studies?....Nope. Get your own financing.

Har de har har.
State colleges would then just recoup their losses by increased state taxes. Didn't think that one through, did you?

Forum List

Back