"Would you please raise my taxes?"

It's not fair when 50% of the people pay taxes and the other 50% just leech. No way no how is that fair.

This is why the money people dont like education.

people dont learn these facts if you ruin education

I love the irony of people complaining that "50% of Americans don't pay taxes" yet they are the same people who were in favor of extending the Bush tax cuts which is the very reason why so many people "don't pay taxes".

The fact is, whether money is static or not? THEY HAVE ALL OF IT. And they have for some time now. Of course, it's hopefully not for forever. But as it stands, and as it has for some time now? A very small percentage of people, the ones y'all are so protective of? Have most of the money.

Therefore, they should be paying most of the taxes.

It's not people-based. It's money-based. The money needs to be taxed. They have it, therefore they should pay. But they don't, because it's all just a big game to them. "How badly can I screw the government?"

Those who think taxes should be raised should just send in more money and stop itemizing your deductions...

If you are due a refund, decline it...

Put your money where your mouth is...

It's not fair when 50% of the people pay taxes and the other 50% just leech. No way no how is that fair.

You're welcome to start paying taxes since you're part of that 50%.

As is a wealthy person welcome to pay more than they already do. Send it in, the IRS will happily take your money.

In the mean time, we'll work on reducing spending.

Those who think taxes should be raised should just send in more money and stop itemizing your deductions...

Why should only the people who care about this country pay taxes?

You people who hate this government still benifit even if you want to get a free ride

The fact is, whether money is static or not? THEY HAVE ALL OF IT. And they have for some time now. Of course, it's hopefully not for forever. But as it stands, and as it has for some time now? A very small percentage of people, the ones y'all are so protective of? Have most of the money.

It's not people-based. It's money-based. The money needs to be taxed. They have it, therefore they should pay. But they don't, because it's all just a big game to them. "How badly can I screw the government?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You kidding? They're standing on-line at Jackson Hewitt to apply for RAL's the day they get their W2's.

And they do. You could TRY to collect more in taxes but I suspect that would only mean even less investment in growth, even fewer jobs, and therefore less revenue for the government.

Even if I'm wrong about that, even if the economy SOARED after a tax rate increase, that's not the point is it?

Again, you could take 100% of income from the wealthy and we wouldn't even balance this year's deficit much less begin to chip away at the debt.

Tell ya what, if the feds start to live within the $200 billion or so they collect every month, we'll talk about raising taxes on the wealthy...as long as its applied directly to the debt and not another fucking government program. Deal?

Why should only the people who care about this country pay taxes?

You people who hate this government still benifit even if you want to get a free ride

That's like asking, why should only the people who like Cadillacs pay for Cadillacs?

Furthermore, we don't benefit in the slightest from government.

The left is very anxious to get their greedy fingers into the wallets of others, but they certainly do not intend to pay for the "fair share" with their own cash.

Why? Because that would not be "fair".

OK then lets go back to the tax rate when the US was most prosperous.

The 50s and 60s

Why ?

You have yet to show that just because you detect a correlation that there really is any linkage between the two.

I have asked for this repeatedly. If you have supplied it, I aplogize for not seeing it. Please provide a link to you response.

Critics Still Wrong on What

there is a chart in here based on CBO numbers that shows the effect of the Bush tax cuts on the deficit

Just two policies dating from the Bush Administration — tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — accounted for over $500 billion of the deficit in 2009 and will account for almost $7 trillion in deficits in 2009 through 2019, including the associated debt-service costs. [6] (The prescription drug benefit enacted in 2003 accounts for further substantial increases in deficits and debt, which we are unable to quantify due to data limitations.) These impacts easily dwarf the stimulus and financial rescues. Furthermore, unlike those temporary costs, these inherited policies (especially the tax cuts and the drug benefit) do not fade away as the economy recovers (see Figure 1).

In all seriousness, you quoted the CBO.

That isn't much anymore (just look at their performance on the health care debate).

Do you have another analysis ?

As a conservative, I am not a fan of the wars and I really am not a fan of wildly cutting taxes for the sake of cutting taxes.

But, the CBO is pretty much worthless.

Ame®icano;4196663 said:
The left is very anxious to get their greedy fingers into the wallets of others, but they certainly do not intend to pay for the "fair share" with their own cash.

Why? Because that would not be "fair".

Fair share = your (growing) share

A plant, or a dolt, or both. Also, he doesn't have to wait for Congress to raise his taxes, he can make a contribution to reduce the debt, according to instructions in the 1040 package.

OK then lets go back to the tax rate when the US was most prosperous.

The 50s and 60s

Why ?

You have yet to show that just because you detect a correlation that there really is any linkage between the two.

I have asked for this repeatedly. If you have supplied it, I aplogize for not seeing it. Please provide a link to you response.

She didn't, she never does.. she just starts a new thread on the benefits of the Akai berry vs. the Ford F150 and then just declines into madness from there.

It's kinda fun to watch... sometimes.

Forum List

Back