Would you be happy if your opponents were driven offline?

Would you be happy if your opponents were driven offline?

• I a Liberal -- great victory!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I a Liberal -- so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I a Liberal -- I will support Conservatives' Freedom

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I a Conservative -- great victory!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I a Conservative -- so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I a Conservative -- I will support Liberals' Freedom

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I belong to a third party

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
This is the question for both Liberals and Conservatives. Suppose you win the Culture War. Your party can pressure all Social Media, web hosting providers, DDoS mitigation companies to ban your opponents.

The losers of Culture War could try to set up their own forum, but no one would give them web hosting or DDoS mitigation for fear of economic repercussions from your side. Are you happy?

This is the question for both Liberals and Conservatives. Suppose you win the Culture War. Your party can pressure all Social Media, web hosting providers, DDoS mitigation companies to ban your opponents.

The losers of Culture War could try to set up their own forum, but no one would give them web hosting or DDoS mitigation for fear of economic repercussions from your side. Are you happy?
No I wouldn't be. Having said that. I answered a similar OP by you yesterday, stating that the question is not just a strawman, but doesn't make any sense on merit.

Maybe you should start by answering that post. Before you rephrase it in another OP?

No I wouldn't be. Having said that. I answered a similar OP by you yesterday, stating that the question is not just a strawman, but doesn't make any sense on merit.
Hopefully you are right.

I guess I have inherited my innate fear of Totalitarianism from all four of my grandparents (RIP) who lived in USSR in 1937. But USA can become much worse then USSR 1937.

I'm a person who believes that we need to find balance in life.

Too much sun, you die of cancer, too little sun, you die of cancer.
Too much water, you drown (or get diseases), too little water you die of thirst.

Usually the best solutions to our problems will be found by talking to different people and coming to a consensus. The further from the center someone gets, the worse their political ideas get. To the point that Hitler's German and Lenin's USSR both collapsed after a while because they weren't sustainable.

I'm happy when anyone is marginalized who willfully puts out disinformation.

I have no desire to live in a world where everybody agrees with me. What fun would such a world be?

I have never asked for a flaming Marxist(Democrat Voter) to ever be banned from posting, because we need to see how fucked in the brain, those creatures are.

our true strength is our diversity

~S~

Sure, the problem is the political system isn't set up for this.

Which is why I push Proportional Representation. It's a system that makes that strength. FPTP destroys it.

I'll be happy when those liberal lemmings finally walk off the cliff, hopefully they won't drag everyone else over.

I think it would be more worthwhile to confine them for deprogramming, and to incarcerate the ones that can't be saved and force them to work making MAGA hats for their gruel, so they'll finally understand what "slavery" is.

Hopefully you are right.

I guess I have inherited my innate fear of Totalitarianism from all four of my grandparents (RIP) who lived in USSR in 1937. But USA can become much worse then USSR 1937.
Hopefully you are right.

I have a fear of Totalitarianism too. The problem I have is that you seem to identify a problem leading to it that isn't a problem.

I'll say it like this. I can't help but to notice that in your previous OP you identified Liberals as those wanting to stifle Conservatives speech by monopolising the entire Internet. A highly dubious hypothetical in my opinion. An opinion I might add you didn't try to rebut.

On the other hand it is not hypothetical at all to state. That unfounded claims of voter fraud from Conservatives propogated on the same Internet led to an assault on the Capitol for the stated purpose of preventing the peaceful transition of power. This seems a much more serious and infinitly less hypothetical step towards authoritarianism.

As we speak the Presumptive nominee for the Republican Presidential ticket has called for the abandonment of the Constitution, and for the loser of a race for Governor to be "installed".

Again, I think your fear of authoritarianism is directed at the wrong problem, and people.

I have a fear of Totalitarianism too. The problem I have is that you seem to identify a problem leading to it that isn't a problem.

I'll say it like this. I can't help but to notice that in your previous OP you identified Liberals as those wanting to stifle Conservatives speech by monopolising the entire Internet. A highly dubious hypothetical in my opinion. An opinion I might add you didn't try to rebut.

On the other hand it is not hypothetical at all to state. That unfounded claims of voter fraud from Conservatives propogated on the same Internet led to an assault on the Capitol for the stated purpose of preventing the peaceful transition of power. This seems a much more serious and infinitly less hypothetical step towards authoritarianism.

As we speak the Presumptive nominee for the Republican Presidential ticket has called for the abandonment of the Constitution, and for the loser of a race for Governor to be "installed".

Again, I think your fear of authoritarianism is directed at the wrong problem, and people.

Okay, Saul.

Of course. What kind of Simp Soy Boy is bothered by the ineptitude of their opponents (to set up their own servers) or their cultural defeat? I would love to see Confederate culture for instance, shamed and ridiculed into extinction. What would be wrong with that? Would anyone cry over the cultural defeat of Nazis?

Forum List

Back