Would anyone like to sign my petition against Trump?

Tero Ploras

Rookie
Feb 10, 2017
Return the Statue of Liberty to France | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

"Current US policy threatens to ban refugees from seven highly unstable countries and severely restrict the annual number admitted by half. In contrast, the French Republic has been taking in and resettling record numbers of refugees - 1.3 million in 2015 alone. The Statue historically represents opportunity and a fresh start for those fleeing their homelands and would be more appropriate in the land of its construction."

trump%2Bban%2BAKBb7.jpg

If you start a petition to have Trump impeached and circulate it throughout the states, I'll sign it.

Eh, we can keep the statue, it's been a fixture of America for a long time now.

However, removing the poem at the base would be a good move, because this country no longer feels like what it says................

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The New Colossus--full text - Statue Of Liberty National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Stop with the theatrics. A suspension of 3 months to help prevent this in the future is what Ms. Liberty would want. She wants those huddled masses to be safe when they get here, along with our own.
Afghan refugee turned citizen -Sept 17, 2016 bombings in Manhattan and New Jersey
Somali refugee- Nov, 2016 Ohio State vehicular and knife attack on campus

Return the Statue of Liberty to France | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

"Current US policy threatens to ban refugees from seven highly unstable countries and severely restrict the annual number admitted by half. In contrast, the French Republic has been taking in and resettling record numbers of refugees - 1.3 million in 2015 alone. The Statue historically represents opportunity and a fresh start for those fleeing their homelands and would be more appropriate in the land of its construction."

Last edited:

The petition has nothing to with Trump if you're just rehashing the same old stupid crap from a year ago dumbass. :cuckoo:

U.S. Citizen: Remove the Statue of Liberty

It failed then and it'll fail again. :laugh:

Last edited:
I still think that the poem "The New Colossus" should be taken off of the base. It no longer represents who we are, and if we leave it up, we will be a nation of hypocrites.

You realize the statue of liberty has absolutely nothing to do with immigration right?

Forum List

Back