Would a TV show about 1960s astronauts be too right wing for today's TV audiences and youth?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
These men are people to look up to!

How would today's youth and TV audience react to a show like this?

I never understood why astronauts were considered heroes. They flew to fucking space. What makes them heroic? I could see if they fought off space aliens or something.

I don't see why it would be too right wing. After all, it was a Democrat who said he wanted to go to them moon by the end of the 60's...

I never understood why astronauts were considered heroes. They flew to fucking space. What makes them heroic? I could see if they fought off space aliens or something.

I think they were heroic, but it would have been cooler if they fought off space aliens. :dunno:

I think they were heroic, but it would have been cooler if they fought off space aliens. :dunno:
Why do you think they were heroic? Maybe its the way I think about heroism.

I don't see why it would be too right wing. After all, it was a Democrat who said he wanted to go to them moon by the end of the 60's...

What do you think of this?
IMG_4602_962dcef5-10d9-4ecf-ad8a-d448c20930e8_1800x1350.JPG

IMG_4604_76449492-9644-44e3-827b-28843505edb8_934x700.JPG

Spaceflight was really dangerous and still is. Research Apollo 1. It is amazing what they did with the limited tech of that period. They new the risks.

Every liftoff is an extreme risk.

And they don't know they won't have to fight space aliens.

Spaceflight was really dangerous and still is. Research Apollo 1. It is amazing what they did with the limited tech of that period. They new the risks.
Well let me ask you this. Would you consider deep sea divers heroes?

Well let me ask you this. Would you consider deep sea divers heroes?

Nah. Deep sea divers are queers.

I have always thought it was dumb to go into space. We need to solve problems here on earth before we go fuck up something in space. I know there are a lot of technological benefits gained from it but the whole idea just doesn't sit right with me. The time it takes just to get to another planet seems like a huge waste and humans are limited as to how far they can go. Our bodies are not made to exist in space.

I have always thought it was dumb to go into space. We need to solve problems here on earth before we go fuck up something in space. I know there are a lot of technological benefits gained from it but the whole idea just doesn't sit right with me. The time it takes just to get to another planet seems like a huge waste and humans are limited as to how far they can go. Our bodies are not made to exist in space.

It's good for us as a civilization. We're explorers, by nature.

We can't live under the sea. I don't know what those fruity deep sea divers are doing.

Last edited:

I think its all about priorities. While millions of people were living in poverty here in the US the government spent billions for someone to get moon dust on his boots. Somewhere there is a serious disconnect.

I think its all about priorities. While millions of people were living in poverty here in the US the government spent billions for someone to get moon dust on his boots. Somewhere there is a serious disconnect.

It's all a secret plot to ship black people to the moon. :omg:

It's all a secret plot to ship black people to the moon. :omg:
Its going to be kind of hard to get a billion Black people on the moon. :lol:

We’ve spent billions on poor black people programs and it hasn’t gotten them anywhere. They are still the poorest and most uneducated lot, not to mention the most violent and criminal.

Forum List

Back