Worst cooking.

Of course we all like to tell about the most delicious meals we make, but we tend to avoid talking about our egregious cooking mistakes.

This thread is dedicated to what not to do.

I'll start.

I put eggs in a cold cast iron skillet. They stuck to it like superglue.

And a couple of days ago I put eggs inside the microwave and they exploded!

I had to clean everything ....I didn't know that's what happens GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And a couple of days ago I put eggs inside the microwave and they exploded!

I had to clean everything ....I didn't know that's what happens GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
If you think that's bad, cut a half of a grape in half and put it the microwave and see what happens.

Last edited:
nooooooooooo LOL I have cleaned enough already! :laugh:
It's happened to me too. But with a potato it can even explode if you bake it in a conventional oven.

I've made countless baked potatoes over the years. Then one day I sat down at the table and cut into one and it exploded in my face.

This unfortunate event can be avoided by simply stabbing the potatoes with a fork a few times before you put them in the oven.

Apparently you have to make sure they're dead before you cook them.

It's happened to me too. But with a potato it can even explode if you bake it in a conventional oven.

I've made countless baked potatoes over the years. Then one day I sat down at the table and cut into one and it exploded in my face.

This unfortunate event can be avoided by simply stabbing the potatoes with a fork a few times before you put them in the oven.

Apparently you have to make sure they're dead before you cook them.

omg! the potato exploded in your face??????????????:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Of course we all like to tell about the most delicious meals we make, but we tend to avoid talking about our egregious cooking mistakes.

This thread is dedicated to what not to do.

I'll start.

I put eggs in a cold cast iron skillet. They stuck to it like superglue.
I burnt my instant coffee once

I come from a long line of gourmet Dago cooks who could cook anything and everything. All I did was open my mouth and chew my whole life and waited for the next course

I am such a spoiled rotten sob.........However I cleaned many a dishes for this right of consumption

Recipe called for unsweetened condensed milk...I didn't bother reading past condensed milk..and dumped the can that my wife was saving for pumpkin pie right in the pot!

Evaporated milk! evaporated LOL! that's what you can use in soups! not condensed!:eusa_doh:

1652063196472.png

I made a diabetic Key Lime Pie once. Tasted it, and threw the entire thing in the garbage.......it was BEYOND DISGUSTING.

Made a sugar free cheesecake once. Tasted it, threw it immediately in the garbage! DISGUSTING!!!

Some things in the food world are meant to only have REAL ingredients used in them.

The only time that I have ever tried stuffing and yams were during one Thanksgiving years ago. To me, they were both gross and I have not eaten either food since then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A few months ago I made vegetable soup.
I always put in a little bit of cayenne pepper, not enough to create any mouth burn at all - but just enough heat to lift the flavors. Well... I decided to use a spice blend I had not used before. I used about the same amount... not realizing it had whole scotch bonnet flakes in it. For those of you not familiar with Scotch Bonnet... a quality bonnet pepper is 12 times hotter than cayenne pepper or up tp 50 times hotter than a jalepeno.
It ruined the entire pot. Bonzi ended up getting us Arby's.

I've had my share of disasters in the kitchen and I've always been the cook. Most has to do with something left out or too much of an ingredient added, usually too much salt. Done that a couple of times where I added the requisite salt, forgot I had already done that and added it again....... Usually it's salvageable by adding more unsalted carbs. One time I forgot to add baking powder when making biscuits and ended up with frisbees.

While not actually cooking I screwed up a Colorado Bulldog in an epic and horrible way.
I'd finished with all of the ingredients but the milk,reached into the fridge and grabbed a carton of what I thought was milk.
While it was a milk product it definitely wasnt what I was looking for.
Turned out to be Butter Milk..... :puke:

Back when we were kids, my brother attempted to make his own Reese's-like peanut butter cups.

He took a piece of bread (he still can't say why he chose that), smeared some Skippy smooth peanut butter on it and then poured Hershey's chocolate syrup on top of the peanut butter. He then took the whole thing and popped it in the oven.

I don't wish to belabor the point, but don't do that...

Forum List

Back