Worst Case Of Mistaken Identity Ever

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A 23-year-old man was arrested and held for six days in two Las Vegas jails, after police in Nevada misidentified him as an older, taller man with the same name, court documents show. Shane Lee Brown, now 25, is suing Las Vegas Metropolitan and the City of Henderson police departments, accusing them of civil rights violations, false imprisonment, negligence, and other wrongful conduct. He is seeking at least $50,000 in compensatory damages, according to a complaint.

Police had a bench warrant issued in November 2019 for Shane Neal Brown, then 49, who was described in the warrant as a Caucasian male with brown hair, blue eyes, and a bushy white beard, had previously been convicted of a felony in 1994 — before Lee Brown was even born. Henderson police pulled over Lee Brown and held him in the city's detention center. Brown claims that he repeatedly explained to several Henderson and Las Vegas police officers that he was not the 49-year-old white "Shane Brown," his lawsuit said."

First, a correction needs to be made to this article...The police did not arrest a man with the same name as the suspect because Shane Lee Brown and Shane Neal Brown are not the same names...Now, at the time of the younger Brown's arrest -- he did not have a picture ID with him; but he did attempt to identify himself in other ways including providing them with his social security card; to no avail...he was still locked up for nearly a week. You would think police officers would have at least a cursory duty to investigate something first before they arrest..

The suspect was 49, the suspect's initial felony charge occurred before the younger Brown was even born...The suspect has a mugshot; it looked nothing like the younger brown...My guess, at least one or 2 cops were having a bad day and decided to take it out on the younger Brown...Maybe the younger Brown was frustrated he was being arrested for something he didn't do -- and that frustration made the cops want to teach him a lesson....now that lesson will most likely cost the taxpayers of that city....

I guess you think it funny when police punish innocent, cause protest, riots & throw away tax dollars on lawsuits?
No. Not at all.

I just think it's fun to laugh at and toy with those afflicted by the extreme black inferiority complex, from which the OP clearly suffers.

If being in jail during that six-day period caused him to lose his job or anything else that isn't easy to replace, I can't blame the guy. May he kick butt and clean house.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back