Worst actors ever in TV/Movies!

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
There may be many. A few weeks ago I was watching a few films from the early 1930's. An actor named Paul Muni was starring in them. It seemed he was overacting in many scenes. I looked up his name and there were critics at that time period or around it who accused him of just that. To each their own.

Off the top of my head -

Lou Ferrigno in HERCULES.

Hayden Christensen in the horrible STAR WARS prequels. (I forgive Jake Lloyd because he did exactly what George Lucas told him to do.)

Keanu Reeves in BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA

John Wayne in THE CONQUEROR

The entire cast of Jackson's KING KONG remake.

There may be many. A few weeks ago I was watching a few films from the early 1930's. An actor named Paul Muni was starring in them. It seemed he was overacting in many scenes. I looked up his name and there were critics at that time period or around it who accused him of just that. To each their own.
I saw Muni in a movie. I thought he sucked as well.

Paul Muni was great in “I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang”

All actors in the 1930s overacted.

1585947024028.jpeg

Last edited:
Paul Muni was great in “I was a fugitive from a chain gang”

Barbara Stanwyck didn't.

Off the top of my head -

Hayden Christensen in the horrible STAR WARS prequels. (I forgive Jake Lloyd because he did exactly what George Lucas told him to do.)

I actually liked the Star Wars Prequels a lot. I'm not sure if it was the far superior visuals or what, and thought that Hayden's flat, wooden, lifeless monotone way of speaking lent credibility to there being something not quite right with him that he ended up becoming Darth Vader.

Paul Muni was great in “I was a fugitive from a chain gang”

Barbara Stanwyck didn't.
I’ll give you that one

Off the top of my head -

I actually liked the Star Wars Prequels a lot. I'm not sure if it was the far superior visuals or what, and thought that Hayden's flat, wooden, lifeless monotone way of speaking lent credibility to there being something not quite right with him that he ended up becoming Darth Vader.

Jar Jar Binks was a great actor

Off the top of my head -

But why did they have Dracula in it?

1585947701396.png

View attachment 318825

Yup. It took awhile for the industry to adjust from the necessary overacting style required of silent films.

Off the top of my head -

Jar Jar Binks was a great actor

Jar Jar was great. For H. R. Pufnstuf guest shots maybe.

View attachment 318825

Yup. It took awhile for the industry to adjust from the necessary overacting style required of silent films.
Exactly what I thought. Viewers were used to the exaggerated acting in silent pictures. Once talkies came, actors used an exaggerated diction to connect to the audience

Paul Muni was actually nominated for four best actors and won one. He does have that 1930s acting style but did have some good roles including the first Scarface

Forum List

Back