World poll: Image of U.S. declines

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
If we are doing the right thing then I say to hell with what the world thinks, but I am not sure we are doing the right things.

Worldwide approval of U.S. leadership dipped considerably during President Barack Obama’s fourth year in office — but it increased in some countries, including Mexico.

The median approval rating for U.S. leadership for 130 countries was 41 percent in 2012, down 8 percentage points from the 49 percent approval during Obama’s first year in office, according to a Gallup poll released Wednesday.

Read more: World poll: Image of U.S. declines - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

Why should this be a political thing? I think 95% of our politicians are responsible for our image. It's sad we show no concern over this. It's also the people who buy in to those 95% of our politicians. And our joke of a media. That always fails us.

The entire world knows we have an idiot in office. He can barely string a coherent sentence together. But that's not all. It is the lying. When obama lies it isn't only Americans who hear it. Every one knows he's a liar.

What the hell oldguy don't you have any other then tried and true talking points? Bush was so four years ago. Maybe just maybe the world doesn't like Obama killing them with predators. Of course his killing Americans with predators sure hasn't hurt his reputation with his faithful.

If we are doing the right thing then I say to hell with what the world thinks, but I am not sure we are doing the right things.

Worldwide approval of U.S. leadership dipped considerably during President Barack Obama’s fourth year in office — but it increased in some countries, including Mexico.

The median approval rating for U.S. leadership for 130 countries was 41 percent in 2012, down 8 percentage points from the 49 percent approval during Obama’s first year in office, according to a Gallup poll released Wednesday.

Read more: World poll: Image of U.S. declines - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

Far higher than George W. Bush.

As opposed to 34% according to the same poll during the last year of the Bush presidency?

Global Perceptions of U.S. Leadership Improve in 2009

Not that I give a shit about this crap, but progressives like to list one of Obama's "accomplishments" as making US image better around the world.

And 41% ain't to far off 34%... In 3 more years It will prolly be closer to what Bush had at the end of his second term.

The rest of the world got burned by our leading the finiancial meltdown.

But it was happy as fuck to follow while it was booming. Accountability has never been easy for anyone to swallow. If you want proof of that, just look at the entire world pointing fingers at everyone else when shit hit the fan. Shit will be hitting the fan soon enough again, and once again no accountability. Maybe that's why we and the world keeps making the same mistakes and we see so many of the same progressive policies done over and over again under different banner. Bush did it under a conservative banner, Obama is doing the same policies as Bush under a liberal banner.

Last edited:
Yes it will, but it will be after Obama is done.

Fact is the ONLY thing Obama has changed is the speed and percentages of spending...its all the same basic Bush Doctrine.

But it was happy as fuck to follow while it was booming. Accountability has never been easy for anyone to swallow. If you want proof of that, just look at the entire world pointing fingers at everyone else when shit hit the fan. Shit will be hitting the fan soon enough again, and once again no accountability. Maybe that's why we and the world keeps making the same mistakes and we see so many of the same progressive policies done over and over again under different banner. Bush did it under a conservative banner, Obama is doing the same policies as Bush under a liberal banner.

As opposed to 34% according to the same poll during the last year of the Bush presidency?

Global Perceptions of U.S. Leadership Improve in 2009

I was thinking the exact same thing. Remember when Obama went into office? The entire world heaved a collective sigh of relief. They elected someone sane. Thank God.

And 4 years later they realized they got something worse than Bush, it's just starting to sink is as Obama fails to deliver on anything he promised.

332 to 206 "is starting to sink in"?

What is sinking in is that the GOP leadership is cutting loose the reactionaries and libertarians who act and talk like weirdos.

Bobby Jindal, GOP Leaders Aim to Rebrand the Republican Party ...
US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › NewsCached
by rebekah metzler - in 39 Google+ circles - More by rebekah metzler
Jan 25, 2013 – Criticizing both his party's leadership and specific politicians, he said Republicans need to "stop being the stupid party" and "stop insulting the ...

Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ...
livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/.../rnc-chairman-partys-problem-ste...Cached
4 days ago – Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ... that the party's recent shortcomings were due to bad candidates saying ...

Karl Rove: Bobby Jindal 'Is Right' On 'Stupid' GOP (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../karl-rove-bobby-jindal-is_n_2573986.h...Cached
Jan 29, 2013 – "Explain what you're for and be for something," Rove said. "We are a ..... The Republican Party is full of "Stupid" leaders and "Stupid" voters.

Karl Rove Dismisses Tea Party Backlash: We Need 'Fewer Christine ...
www.mediaite.com/.../karl-rove-dismisses-tea-party-backlash-we-nee...Cached
Feb 17, 2013 – They did spent $30 million on Tea Party candidates, Rove said, ... Their objective, he said, “is to avoid having stupid candidates who can't win ...

ROVE: GOP MUST REFLECT DIVERSITY OF THE COUNTRY | Gill ...
gillreport.com/2013/.../rove-gop-must-reflect-diversity-of-the-countr...Cached
Mar 4, 2013 – Referring to the state party's deep losses in recent years, Rove said it ... to the party for 30+ years, but stupid RINO logic like Karl Rove drove ...

My new favorite Republican: Susana Martinez - The Insiders - The ...
www.washingtonpost.com/...republican-susana-martinez/.../gIQAnwf...
May 17, 2012 – My new favorite Republican offers hard truths for the GOP on immigration. ... I think I've found one: Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico. .... However, a policy of marginalizing minorities from the mainstream of life, ...

News for Laura Bush women's issues Laura Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women

ABC News (blog) *- 9 hours ago
Bush has been an outspoken supporter of women's rights since her time in .... No Laura Bush, the GOP did not frighten women, they P….. us off!

Yes it will, but it will be after Obama is done.

Fact is the ONLY thing Obama has changed is the speed and percentages of spending...its all the same basic Bush Doctrine.

Parfait-using-debt-gdp-2001-2019-5-12-11-FINAL.jpg

President Obama is like a relay runner. The runner before handed off a pile of shit. Obama, working for the team, took that pile of shit and still ran with it because he wants the team to win. And then, at the very end of the race, the people who handed Obama that pile of shit are screaming that he ran the race with a pile of shit.

It's because other nations aren't as religious and lean waaaaaaay further left than we'll ever be in a few decades.

Truth is people with common sense disagree with right wingers.

Forum List

Back