"Workplace accident"?

fairandbalanced

VIP Member
Jul 16, 2012
Loud explosion rocks southern Beirut

BEIRUT (AP) — A powerful explosion ripped through a stronghold of the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group in a southern suburb of the capital Beirut Thursday. Lebanese Tv showed burning cars in the street and said there were casualties.

It was not immediately clear what caused Thursday's explosion in the Rweiss district, but last month a powerful car bomb exploded in a neighboring suburb, wounding more than 50 people.

Hezbollah's Al Manar TV said Thursday's blast occurred on a main road separating Rweiss from Beir al-Abed, the site of last month's explosion. The area is heavily Shiite and is one of Hezbollah's bastions of support. Al Manar said several bodies were seen on the street following the explosion.

The violence raises the specter of Lebanon being pulled into the increasingly sectarian civil war raging next door in Syria.

The Syrian conflict, now in its third year, is whipping up sectarian fervor in Lebanon. Sunni-Shiite tensions have risen sharply, particularly since Hezbollah raised its profile by openly fighting alongside President Bashar Assad's forces. Lebanese Sunnis support the rebels fighting to topple Assad, a member of a Shiite offshoot sect.

Syria-based rebels and militant Islamist groups have threatened to target Hezbollah strongholds in Lebanon in retaliation for its increasingly overt role in Syria. The group's fighters played a key role in a recent regime victory in the town of Qusair near the Lebanese border, and Syrian activists say they are now aiding a regime offensive in the besieged city of Homs.
. .

BEIRUT (AP) — A powerful explosion ripped through a stronghold of the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group in a southern suburb of the capital Beirut Thursday. Lebanese Tv showed burning cars in the street and said there were casualties.

It was not immediately clear what caused Thursday's explosion in the Rweiss district, but last month a powerful car bomb exploded in a neighboring suburb, wounding more than 50 people.

Hezbollah's Al Manar TV said Thursday's blast occurred on a main road separating Rweiss from Beir al-Abed, the site of last month's explosion. The area is heavily Shiite and is one of Hezbollah's bastions of support. Al Manar said several bodies were seen on the street following the explosion.

The violence raises the specter of Lebanon being pulled into the increasingly sectarian civil war raging next door in Syria.

The Syrian conflict, now in its third year, is whipping up sectarian fervor in Lebanon. Sunni-Shiite tensions have risen sharply, particularly since Hezbollah raised its profile by openly fighting alongside President Bashar Assad's forces. Lebanese Sunnis support the rebels fighting to topple Assad, a member of a Shiite offshoot sect.

Syria-based rebels and militant Islamist groups have threatened to target Hezbollah strongholds in Lebanon in retaliation for its increasingly overt role in Syria. The group's fighters played a key role in a recent regime victory in the town of Qusair near the Lebanese border, and Syrian activists say they are now aiding a regime offensive in the besieged city of Homs.
. .

oh gee-----seems like the conflict is getting MORE AND MORE BALANCED''

I had been wondering for a few years when Hezbollah people would notice
all those SUNNIS around them in Lebanon ----and when sunnis would notice
the hezbolllah doing the "ashura" thing (the first glimpse of shiite I had was
a new Dehli Indian who proudly showed me a scar on his scalp-------he hated hindus
vehemently but when I asked --"so why did your family not move to Pakistan'?----
he got RIGID with anger------my next glimpse was a pakistani who told me
about "crazy people" in pakistan who whip themselves and cut their scalps---he
hated them vehemently

Latest I hear----indirectly from yemen-----THERE IS HEZBOLLAH IN THOSE HILLS--
they seem to be attracted to saudi arabia------for THE FINAL DAYS AND
THE BIG FIGHT WHICH WILL CAUSE THAT LITTLE GUY IN THE WELL IN
QOM (?) TO POP OUT. ------ meanwhile they are doing the sunni/shiite
thing. I have a premonition---that a fight in saudi arabia will draw eager
participants by the tens of millions

I was getting ready to say maybe the IAF was on the loose but I read where it was a car bomb and killed 14 people. Party of God not having a good day. Boo Hoo.

I was getting ready to say maybe the IAF was on the loose but I read where it was a car bomb and killed 14 people. Party of God not having a good day. Boo Hoo.

Different "gods" have different concepts as to that which constitutes a party---

we have to be realistic-------the 'parties of the ''gods" ' also have a marked

influence on the parties of those below. Consider the varius concepts

of DIVINE PARADISE (or---where the 'gods' live) For us ---the

pre-apple garden of eden----was the place wherein "G-d" walked on

pleasant (aka 'party' ) evenings Thor whooops it up in the MEADE halls

with fellow spear-flingers. Hindus exist in an ether of "consciousness"----

waiting for the next episode of miserable corporeality (spelling?)

then there is 'allah'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back