Working 6 days a week is killing me

You're not a man.
Your penchant for derision, insult and personal attacks says more about your character than whatever job it is you claim to have.

The fact that you post on the internet when you are supposed to be at work tells me you are lying about your profession or are a shitty employee with little or no integrity.

A person's job does nothing to define the person.

What defines a person is his integrity, trustworthiness, and compassion not what he does for a living.
One's job or profession is a place where these qualities can be exercised.

But I still put in close to 80 hours a week on a full time job, a side business and running a rental property. So there's that.
I found a job that fit me like a glove but didn't pay much or have a company pension, so I saved up and bought an 8-unit apartment building to fund my retirement. Worked out great, however I'm still working as I love my job.

My rental business was very successful mainly due to my long-term Mexican tenants. Hard working, honest folks that paid rent on time and respected the property. Most could not speak English well but their kids could and served as interpreters when needed. I also had a gentleman from Ghana that was with me for eleven years. He held three jobs and was hardly ever home. It was quite an 18 year adventure.

Last edited:
fncceo

I think I am going to drop dead soon
I am a middle aged man 👨

It doesn't get any better with age. But middle aged is still basically young.
I have appointed myself the Vine Terminator. In past month we have removed and piled up small trees and vines from hell in back field. Tangled up and growing into our 5' no climb fence around property lines.Plus housework, greenhouse automobiles it never ends.
I just keep telling myself the alternative is the grave where there will be plenty of rest. That helps to put another burst of energy and want to in me.

bear513

That is all I got lol 😂 sad 😞

Who else can be a 2 state failure

My siblings are successful Jewish doctors

I am taking my final shower

I found a job that fit me like a glove but didn't pay much or have a company pension, so I saved up and bought an 8-unit apartment building to fund my retirement. Worked out great, however I'm still working as I love my job.

My rental business was very successful mainly due to my long-term Mexican tenants. Hard working, honest folks that paid rent on time and respected the property. Most could not speak English well but their kids could and served as interpreters when needed. I also had a gentleman from Ghana that was with me for eleven years. He held three jobs and was hardly ever home. It was quite an 18 year adventure.

Thanks. I'm not renting by choice. THere was supposed to be a mass buyout of my old condo complex, but that fell to the wayside when some of the tenants decided to sue, so I am stuck getting it ready for rental. At least up front, I'm going to take a bath.

I used to own rental property in the 90's, and it was kind of good, but I really was trying to avoid doing it again.

Thanks. I'm not renting by choice. THere was supposed to be a mass buyout of my old condo complex, but that fell to the wayside when some of the tenants decided to sue, so I am stuck getting it ready for rental. At least up front, I'm going to take a bath.

I used to own rental property in the 90's, and it was kind of good, but I really was trying to avoid doing it again.
I bought in a down market and sold in a down market, so I took a bath as well, but when it's time to get out you bail at any cost.

I disagree.

The guy who has a shit job because he has no other options is not defined by that shit job.
This says it better than I can.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210409-why- we-define-ourselves-by-our-jobs

I disagree.

The guy who has a shit job because he has no other options is not defined by that shit job.
He has other options. That he is too lazy or complacent to even consider them also defines him.

My job also sucks so bad
It’s very easy job and it pays ok but just miserable

Forum List

Back