Working 6 days a week is killing me

Work is a means to an end.

If you have no end in mind for your labor then you're might as well be an automaton.
For many work is only a means of getting by. When I was young work was a means of paying for my profligate ways (wine, women, and song). I had no 'end' plan.

Last edited:
Work defines a MAN. Meaningful work involves service to mankind, not to avarice, acquisition, or shallow materialism. It is an important part of being a real human being.

I often work 6 day week. Doing server side and client side projects. It is good .I am working on becoming a senior developer. I want to be software architect someday.

Absolutely no one has ever said on their death bed, "I wish I had spent more time at the office."
Anyone who did something meaningful that they loved did. Not everyone is a lazy fatass like you.

Work defines a MAN. Meaningful work involves service to mankind, not to avarice, acquisition, or shallow materialism. It is an important part of being a real human being.
Man defines himself.

And all work is service in it's own way.

And there is nothing wrong with working to improve your own financial position. The guy who works for a pittance but deludes himself that somehow his labor is morally superior to someone else's is only lying to himself.

For many work is only a means of getting by. When I was young work was a means of paying for my profligate ways (wine, women, and song). I had no 'end' plan.
Most people go through life without ever really thinking about what they are doing

I work for money but that in not all. I do like what I do most days. Can I be a software architect one day? I want to try

shoshi

You’re an intriguing guy !!
You clearly are very intelligent and you can fight well

I am just a broken down man child that is nothing but bad luck

Yes it is. If you cannot understand that, you are not a real human. Certainly not a man.
A person's job does nothing to define the person.

A job is just a means to an end.

What defines a person is his integrity, trustworthiness, and compassion not what he does for a living.

Thinking that one person is somehow better than another because of the job he has is narcissism

Anyone who did something meaningful that they loved did. Not everyone is a lazy fatass like you.

The ironic thing is that I did put career ahead of personally happiness. Now that I am at the point I know there are more years behind than ahead, I am rethinking that.

But I still put in close to 80 hours a week on a full time job, a side business and running a rental property. So there's that.

Forum List

Back