Work of Art?

Art is often used to stir up controversy. My first thought though wasn't 'racist' but 'erotica.' Maybe the artist's intent was to say something racist, but if so it was kinda half-assed. Coulda done that better with a clothed black woman, instead of naked one. Think it coinciding with MLK day makes it likely a racist statement of some sort, but not a very effective one. Black woman in somer kind of maid or servant garb would been more effective if the intent was racism. As-is, it's just kinda hot. :)

It's not racist nor IMO is it art. I think it's more stupid than anything else but I guess art is in the eyes of the beholder.

Art is often used to stir up controversy. My first thought though wasn't 'racist' but 'erotica.' Maybe the artist's intent was to say something racist, but if so it was kinda half-assed. Coulda done that better with a clothed black woman, instead of naked one. Think it coinciding with MLK day makes it likely a racist statement of some sort, but not a very effective one. Black woman in somer kind of maid or servant garb would been more effective if the intent was racism. As-is, it's just kinda hot. :)

I agree.

Women of all colors have been used to sell all kinds of shit - including sex and racism.

I agree.

Women of all colors have been used to sell all kinds of shit - including sex and racism.

Well don't worry about it. You're safe.

Forum List

Back