Women who carry a gun.

You might consider a purse, bag or fannypack carry. When I carry a purse (I have one of those purses with the special zippered compartment for a gun) I find it comfortable.

When I am working around my property I have a pocket holster that fits nicely in the back pocket of workpants. That probably won't work with tights though!

I also have a shoulder harness that hangs with the gun under the armpit, I guess you could adjust the holster to put on gun at your breast but you'd really have to wear a shirt or coat over it to conceal. The big ace bandage is versatile but I dislike feeling squeezed..

Turning a bra into a holster sounds like it might be a great option for you- if you can figure out a way to do it. Hope this helps!

My butt is rounded enough. But I don't really want it back there anyway. I want it on my left so I can move my right arm across to access it. The old west draw up thing hurts my shoulder. I was just thinking that since I have a flat spot on the left , it could fit there nicely but if I don't have a cover over it in some form, it will be looking weird under a tank or t-shirt.. It WOULD fit in the cup of my bra, but it would be bumpy looking. Unless I made a padded foam cover it could slide in to. The cushion in front would hide the grip bump, and a soft padding against my scar would stop the scraping. Easy reach across.

But this is just if I ever go into the bigger city and things get worse. It's a future prep thing I am thinking about.

If that doesn't work...I will go with the belly wrap. Gonna go to the gun store tomorrow and check some out to see how they attach. I looked on ebay and none say how they connect. Velcro I don't think would be safe. It could fall. (If I used the belly wrap). In my bra...it won't go anywhere. So i will have to experiment.

I have a leather one with a clip that attaches to the waistband of my slacks. I wear it on my left side as I'm left handed, but the holster is an ambidextrous one so you could wear it on either side. Nobody ever realizes it's there, including me. It's comfortable and easy to access, and I love it. The belly band one would work nicely, I'm guessing, but might be hot in warm weather. Just a thought, Gracie.

If you carry, carry smart for the situation that may arise

cos-09-de-49842436.jpg

also keep one in your purse and shoot trough it if you must.

theres one I cant find, it's a double holster that fits over a woman belly. Literally can't tell they are there

Purse carry is not recommended……..too easy to leave it somewhere and lose control over it…always carry on the body…what about a fanny pack? Look around…there are lots of options…contact holster makers, they may be able to make something custom…..

If you carry, carry smart for the situation that may arise

cos-09-de-49842436.jpg

also keep one in your purse and shoot trough it if you must.

theres one I cant find, it's a double holster that fits over a woman belly. Literally can't tell they are there

Purse carry is not recommended……..too easy to leave it somewhere and lose control over it…always carry on the body…what about a fanny pack? Look around…there are lots of options…contact holster makers, they may be able to make something custom…..
Purse carry may not be recommended but then again, it is a good conceal option for some of us. An adult can make that determination for herself. While it is true you can leave your purse somewhere, personally, when I carry a purse, I carry it. When there is a gun in that purse, I am as aware that I am carrying a gun as when it's on my hip.

An armed society is not only an afraid and uncivilized society but considering being armed is more likely to have you pee your pants in a panic attack, or die by your own gun it is a stupid idea too. It must be the water!

"Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye"

Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye

Google

"How gun control works in America, compared with 4 other rich countries" German Lopez, December 6, 2015

How gun control works in America, compared with 4 other rich countries
The real reason the NRA is so powerful

What a stupid country we have become when arguments are given over how high you stand in gun ownership. Can you say stupid primitive uncivilized or idiot nation. In America leave your radio on, and if you hear there is a mass shooting feel safe for killing is over for that day. Tomorrow is another day to be afraid. Too ridiculous.

'Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free' by Charles P. Pierce
99.9% of women in the US who 'carry' have taken professional gun handling/self defense training courses. More so than men.
Believe me you fucking LIB pussy coward 99.9% of these women will not hesitate to fucking kill anyone who attempts to attack them. It's the attacker who pees their pants just before they are fucking dead!

An armed society is not only an afraid and uncivilized society but considering being armed is more likely to have you pee your pants in a panic attack, or die by your own gun it is a stupid idea too. It must be the water!

"Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye"

Woman adjusting bra holster fatally shoots herself in the eye

Google

"How gun control works in America, compared with 4 other rich countries" German Lopez, December 6, 2015

How gun control works in America, compared with 4 other rich countries
The real reason the NRA is so powerful

What a stupid country we have become when arguments are given over how high you stand in gun ownership. Can you say stupid primitive uncivilized or idiot nation. In America leave your radio on, and if you hear there is a mass shooting feel safe for killing is over for that day. Tomorrow is another day to be afraid. Too ridiculous.

'Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free' by Charles P. Pierce
Thats nice. But this thread is not for gun control topics or bimbos who have a bullet in the chamber ready to fire. I have the one slot empty. The rest are filled. And I would not be that careless. Nor am I a chickenshit. I will shoot any asshole that threatens to harm me and I know it is not something I can easily avoid or run from. This thread is to help ladies be prepared to protect themselves since the government is not concerned about what they are fixing to do with enemies that see us as playthings and how to comfortably wear something that can save their lives. So if you cannot assist in the venue I have posted about, leave the thread.
What kind of holster do you like? I have been looking at some online and decided to make my own. I don't want it on my hip, nor around my waist in some form, nor clipped to my bra nor under my arm nor on my leg. I decided to make one and I have the perfect place to put it. Due to having no left breast, and having a small 38 special, I plan to make a prosthesis that will fit comfortably where my breast used to be, but it will be holding the weapon. I just haven't decided HOW to do that where it looks like a breast from the outside. And I don't want it scraping my scar tissue. So it's something I will have to plan carefully with trial and error.

In the meantime, the ones I have seen for under the left or right arm look perfect...except for the straps across the shoulders.

Which do you use and what, in your opinion, is most comfortable?

I kind like this one. I could still wear my prosthesis and it would hide the gun underneath like this one does. But..I still don't care for those straps.

Lotus%20for%20Ladies%203a.jpg
What kind of holster do you like? I have been looking at some online and decided to make my own. I don't want it on my hip, nor around my waist in some form, nor clipped to my bra nor under my arm nor on my leg. I decided to make one and I have the perfect place to put it. Due to having no left breast, and having a small 38 special, I plan to make a prosthesis that will fit comfortably where my breast used to be, but it will be holding the weapon. I just haven't decided HOW to do that where it looks like a breast from the outside. And I don't want it scraping my scar tissue. So it's something I will have to plan carefully with trial and error.

In the meantime, the ones I have seen for under the left or right arm look perfect...except for the straps across the shoulders.

Which do you use and what, in your opinion, is most comfortable?

I kind like this one. I could still wear my prosthesis and it would hide the gun underneath like this one does. But..I still don't care for those straps.

My wife and our two daughters and one daughter in law all have Beretta 21A Bobcat semi autos. Their hoslters are much like the one you posted except the straps are about half as wide and the part that goes around the back looks to be not as wide.
Also the holsters are located more in line with their arm pits than the one one posted. They say the holster is very comfortable. Just saying.
I hope you find a good solution. IMHO I wouldn't attempt to make a special bra arrangement. A lot of study/technology goes into the commercially available holsters.

We have a leather shop in the town next to me...I might go in there and see if they can whip up something that would suit my needs and where I want it placed.
For now, I have a holster that has a clip that I can attach to a belt. I guess until I get one made the way I want, I can wear my stretchy jeans with the belt and a baggie t-shirt.

When I used to ride my horse in desolate canyons I would carry a gun in a holster, I wore it around my waist.

If I lived in Texas I would wear a gun around my waist for others to see I was armed.

When I carry, nobody knows I am. Feel that should a situation arise, the surprise factor can be very unsettling to the offender. If they are aware you're armed, there is the possibility they might try to unarm you. I don't want to run that risk especially while I'm trying to assess the situation.

I don't want it in my purse. I want it on my body. Purse is too easy to grab. A fanny pack, too much time to unzip and reach in. If it's next to my breast, I can subtly act all aghast with hand to throat but really reaching for my protection.

Thats nice. But this thread is not for gun control topics or bimbos who have a bullet in the chamber ready to fire. I have the one slot empty.
The problem with the empty chamber carry is that it requires both hands to prep the gun to shoot and you may not have both hands free in an emergency, things like a mugger grabbing onto your left arm to control you; you can get your gun out but cant chamber the first round.

Solution; carry a safety round chambered so that you have the option of a nonlethal shot for the first shot and you can chamber the next lethal round with one hand.

Just remember that even a so-called 'safety' round can be lethal at close range, i.e. hand to hand range.

I met the pistol packing mama in Georgia, 86 years old and used to own a whore house. I was 36 years old and we were great friends in a platonic way. When things got rowdy in her bar out comes her pistol with her hand shaking. After she settled down the disturbance in her bar she went back to normal.

I didn't make it to the gun shop yet. I am in no hurry. I doubt if I would have to carry anyway since I live in a pretty decent town and there are not a lot of probs here. Yet. Still, those links JimBowie gave were great! I got some ideas from them, and will mixmatch to suit my own needs eventually.

When I used to ride my horse in desolate canyons I would carry a gun in a holster, I wore it around my waist.

If I lived in Texas I would wear a gun around my waist for others to see I was armed.

Whenever I ride around my ranch, here in Brooklyn, I also wear my....oh, wait.....

There's that dream again.....

What kind of holster do you like? I have been looking at some online and decided to make my own. I don't want it on my hip, nor around my waist in some form, nor clipped to my bra nor under my arm nor on my leg. I decided to make one and I have the perfect place to put it. Due to having no left breast, and having a small 38 special, I plan to make a prosthesis that will fit comfortably where my breast used to be, but it will be holding the weapon. I just haven't decided HOW to his one does. But..I still don't care for those straps.

Nice rack. Her gun ain't worth a flying fuk.

Forum List

Back