Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

I first heard about this a while back and did some reading about it. If you're interested, there is a lot of info out there. In hopes of keeping some rationality to it, I'm posting only this one link -
Christian Domestic Discipline Promotes Spanking Wives To Maintain Biblical Marriage

When a follower of the Christian Domestic Discipline movement decides what to hit his God-fearing wife with, research is important. A hairbrush, for example, is "excellent for achieving the desired sting" but can break easily. Alternatively, a ping pong paddle is quiet and sturdy but may not sting as much as is required to get the message across.

These bits of information are among the tips and tricks detailed in the Beginning Domestic Discipline's "Beginner's Packet," a 54-page document that lays out the basic principles and practices of CDD.

Like I always say, if its between consenting adults ... its their business.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Feminists: pagan, baby-killing pseudo-females.

I think many of you here know nearly nothing about Pagan culture yet you throw that word around as if you have some solid idea of what it means to actually be a Pagan.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Please.

Regards
DL

Feminists: pagan, baby-killing pseudo-females.

I think many of you here know nearly nothing about Pagan culture yet you throw that word around as if you have some solid idea of what it means to actually be a Pagan.

They don't know much about feminism either. Why are so many against equality for women? Why are we still fighting this battle in 2014?

I have an extensive background in comparative religion. I don't think you know what it ultimately means to be a pagan, i.e., to be at enmity with God.

How is interpreting that quote to mean that wives should be subject to their husbands a misinterpretation of that passage? Seems pretty straight forward.
its a misinterpretation because no one ever quotes verse 21
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
in the original text verse 22 doesn't even have a verb....the literal translation is "women, do this by....." and verse 25 is literally "men, do this by......", and 6:1 is literally "children, do this by......"
pretending this is some specific instruction that women are supposed to submit and no one else is, is an intentional misrepresentation........

Ok, that makes better sense.

But, why was the translation made such to be read as though women should subjects of their husbands? If it's because men translated the original texts to subjugate women, then how much of the Bible in its common translations has been rewritten to empower some over others? Why hasn't the godhead of the religion done more to correct such falsity among His/Her faithful?

Such wrongness is partly what prompts non-theists like me to question the "True-ness" of such a religion. Does that make sense?

perhaps it's because in biblical times, and not until all that long ago, women WERE considered the legal property of their husbands.

you can question theists for still purporting to believe that nonsense.

Or maybe . . . just maybe . . . it's like the Christian women on this thread are telling you from scripture, and you just don't like the answer.

why would anyone care about the "christian" pov? it's irrelevant if it ignores history.

I have an extensive background in comparative religion. I don't think you know what it ultimately means to be a pagan, i.e., to be at enmity with God.

but you have no background in reality or law

but you have no background in reality or law

No that's you 24/7, 365. It's too bad you can't red x me or neg rep me anymore, ain't it? given the fact that unsubstantiated crap like the above, red xing or neg repping is mostly all you have ever done on this forum.

Interesting that while some here protest that christian woman are not second class citizens, many of you have said you are against equal pay for equal work, abortion on demand, child care in the work place, open breastfeeding, welfare assistance for single mothers who are the sole providers of their children, foodstamps for children, elderly, handicapped and have posted in favor of men who fight against equality for women.

Some of you thump on your bibles while you work damn hard to keep women down.
why do you think killing your children should be a right?.....

The real question is: why do women adhere to religions that put them down and keep them there? Like, why would a woman agree to be part of a religion where they have to wear a sheet over their head in the hot desert?

And I have an extensive background in Supreme Badassery.

There is no one thing that ultimately makes a human a Pagan, not even being "at enmity with God". You just know when you are a Pagan based on how you have developed your religious and/ or spiritual views, and how much it all resonates with already existing Pagan culture.

Being a Pagan has nothing to do with opposing God/ YHWH, as most Pagans do not even believe in God/ YHWH, but rather other deities or Forces. Disbelief does not equate to direct opposition.

Most Pagans are polytheistic, and most celebrate the Wheel of the year (Solstices, Equinoxes, and their midpoints). Most develop our own rituals and traditions around them. Most have a profound respect for Nature, the Earth, and all things Celestial, and a strong desire to connect with and understand these things, so we enjoy observing and studying them, and usually incorporate these things into our traditions, our creations, our symbolism, and our spirituality.

But none of those things alone make one a Pagan. It is a combination of things religious and spiritual that help a person realize that they are indeed a Pagan, even if that person never has never used that term to describe his or her self.

You should not presume to be an expert on things you have no actual experience with. One cannot define a Pagan in one sentence. How can one who has not been a Pagan himself claim to know "what it ultimately means to be a Pagan"?

"Being at enmity with God", he says.

What fucking ignorance.

Last edited:

Please.

Regards
DL

Peace,

I don't see how women are in bondage (need to be "freed" as you claim). Can you explain how women are in bondage?

Interesting that while some here protest that christian woman are not second class citizens, many of you have said you are against equal pay for equal work, abortion on demand, child care in the work place, open breastfeeding, welfare assistance for single mothers who are the sole providers of their children, foodstamps for children, elderly, handicapped and have posted in favor of men who fight against equality for women.

Because the right to decide how your body is to be used and who will use it should be absolute. I have no claim to your body regardless of my need. No one does, including a fetus.

There is no one thing that ultimately makes a human a Pagan, not even being "at enmity with God". You just know when you are a Pagan based on how you have developed your religious and/ or spiritual views, and how much it all resonates with already existing Pagan culture.

Being a Pagan has nothing to do with opposing God/ YHWH, as most Pagans do not even believe in God/ YHWH, but rather other deities or Forces. Disbelief does not equate to direct opposition.

Most Pagans are polytheistic, and most celebrate the Wheel of the year (Solstices, Equinoxes, and their midpoints). Most develop our own rituals and traditions around them. Most have a profound respect for Nature, the Earth, and all things Celestial, and a strong desire to connect with and understand these things, so we enjoy observing and studying them, and usually incorporate these things into our traditions, our creations, our symbolism, and our spirituality.

But none of those things alone make one a Pagan. It is a combination of things religious and spiritual that help a person realize that they are indeed a Pagan, even if that person never has never used that term to describe his or her self.

You should not presume to be an expert on things you have no actual experience with. One cannot define a Pagan in one sentence. How can one who has not been a Pagan himself claim to know "what it ultimately means to be a Pagan"?

What fucking ignorance.

There's no call for vulgarity, and besides the only ignorance on display here is yours. Christianity holds that all forms of paganism, indeed, all other religious systems of thought, are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God. Fact. Your personal contention that your "[d]isbelief does not equate to direct opposition" has no bearing on the facts of Christian doctrine. It's not my problem and certainly not due to any ignorance on my part if you can't dispassionately discuss the objective facts of comparative religion.

DL, You have got to be kidding me !!! It is obvious that this person understands even less than nothing about why Jesus did what He did, and obviously has never taken time to actually study God's word in context. Like anything else,,,,,it is context....

DL. as much as I would absolutely love to sit here and have a truly meaningful discussion with you about this.....I must prepare to leave soon for Nashville for a much needed Cardiac procedure. We leave directly after worship service tomorrow and have no idea when I will return, or even if I will return. Either way is win/win for me..but for now, I must pack an overnight bag and get some sleep. Have a nice evening.

It is obvious that you care only to appease your fears of death and will follow even satanic morals to keep your feel good feeling.

Nothing like embracing barbaric human sacrifice eh? Nothing like seeing one punished for you to make you feel really good.

Regards
DL

DL ~ The more you go on with your total misunderstanding of who God actually is and why He does what He does, & when He does it, the more dissatisfaction and anger I see. Why do you display such anger in your rhetoric?? Does it make you feel better about yourself to write hateful demeaning rhetoric ?

If we could look into each others heart and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think that we would treat each other much more gently, and with much more patience, love and care.

BTW, I made it through my cardiac surgery in complete peace and without fear because I know that I know my Lord is with me always. I still tire easily, so please forgive me if I don't yet have the energy to answer you more completely,,,,,

What fucking ignorance.
Christianity holds that all forms of paganism, indeed, all other religious systems of thought, are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God. Fact. Your personal contention that your "[d]isbelief does not equate to direct opposition" has no bearing on the facts of Christian doctrine. It's not my problem and certainly not due to any ignorance on my part if you can't dispassionately discuss the objective facts of comparative religion.

I expected a far more intelligent response from someone who allegedly possesses "an extensive background on comparative religion", but alas, it has become clear that you were just over exaggerating.

A Christian perspective that "all other religious systems of thought are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God" is not a "fact". What is a fact... is that many Christians believe this nonsense to be a fact.

You allow your weak "understanding" of Paganism to be distorted even more by Christian indoctrination.

There is nothing left to discuss. Be more mindful of how you use the term "Pagan" in the future.

stay_on_topic.png

stay_on_topic.png
dude, you brought it up, I merely responded......

What fucking ignorance.
Christianity holds that all forms of paganism, indeed, all other religious systems of thought, are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God. Fact. Your personal contention that your "[d]isbelief does not equate to direct opposition" has no bearing on the facts of Christian doctrine. It's not my problem and certainly not due to any ignorance on my part if you can't dispassionately discuss the objective facts of comparative religion.

I expected a far more intelligent response from someone who allegedly possesses "an extensive background on comparative religion", but alas, it has become clear that you were just over exaggerating.

A Christian perspective that "all other religious systems of thought are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God" is not a "fact". What is a fact... is that many Christians believe this nonsense to be a fact.

You allow your weak "understanding" of Paganism to be distorted even more by Christian indoctrination.

There is nothing left to discuss. Be more mindful of how you use the term "Pagan" in the future.

What is wrong with you? Seriously? I'm telling you what Christianity asserts about paganism. That's an objective academic fact of historical doctrine! I'm well aware of the fact that pagans don't believe that to be true about their respective pantheons or rituals, dummy.

Forum List

Back