Women...how's feminism working out for you? Man crowned Miss Nevada......LOL.....

Actually, the Catholic Church has not come out in support of homophobic bakers. Most of the mainstream churches are avoiding this issue. What you have are a bunch of homophobes deciding they have the religious authority to violate the law.

You can believe whatever fairy tales you want. You still have to follow the law.

The church doesn't have to come out in support of it. The baker found that by decorating a cake celebrating their gay marriage made him a participant in their sinning and he refused to do that.

You can't write laws against constitutional rights. If we could, then what's the point of having a constitution in the first place? What do you think would happen if Republicans took over and said blacks could no longer vote? It's in violation of the US Constitution and would be thrown out by the courts.

1. In the OP, the photograph of Ms. E. shows a beautiful young woman. (I do not know whether she has had an operation to remove a certain part and to add a certain part.)

2. Personally, I think that Ms. Nevada should be a biological female, not someone who was born a male but decides that he wishes to be a female (even if he has had the operation).

3. I feel that we should not mock her in any way. If she is reasonably happy, that is all that any of us can expect in this life.

a. There was a man who was one of the first American men to have the operation. She became quite prominent. Check Wikipedia about Christine Jorgensen (1926 - 1989).

b. Also there was a prominent British travel writer who became Jan Morris (1926 - 2020).

4. I hope that transgender people will be treated with total respect and kindness; in return, they should refrain from entering female beauty contests and playing on female teams, IMHO.

1. In the OP, the photograph of Ms. E. shows a beautiful young woman. (I do not know whether she has had an operation to remove a certain part and to add a certain part.)

2. Personally, I think that Ms. Nevada should be a biological female, not someone who was born a male but decides that he wishes to be a female (even if he has had the operation).

3. I feel that we should not mock her in any way. If she is reasonably happy, that is all that any of us can expect in this life.

a. There was a man who was one of the first American men to have the operation. She became quite prominent. Check Wikipedia about Christine Jorgensen (1926 - 1989).

b. Also there was a prominent British travel writer who became Jan Morris (1926 - 2020).

4. I hope that transgender people will be treated with total respect and kindness; in return, they should refrain from entering female beauty contests and playing on female teams, IMHO.

As a matter of undeniable immutable scientific fact, it is biologically impossible for a man to become a woman.

Anyone who believes otherwise is either profoundly ignorant of basic biology, or else is batshit insane.

And any such person is worthy of nothing better than the cruelest of mockery.

The church doesn't have to come out in support of it. The baker found that by decorating a cake celebrating their gay marriage made him a participant in their sinning and he refused to do that.

Is he a theologian?

You can't write laws against constitutional rights. If we could, then what's the point of having a constitution in the first place? What do you think would happen if Republicans took over and said blacks could no longer vote? It's in violation of the US Constitution and would be thrown out by the courts.
Not an issue of constitutional rights. You can right laws that overrule religion.

That's why the Branch Davidians weren't allowed to molest children.
It's why the Rastafarians aren't allowed to smoke dope in states where Marijuana is illegal.
It's why I can't cut out the hearts of my enemies in a tribute to the Winged Serpent God.

If a law applies to EVERYONE, it doesn't discriminate on religion. This is how the GOP is actually TRYING to disenfranchise blacks. If you require everyone to have an ID (wink, wink) then you aren't discriminating. Of course, anyone with a lick of sense realizes how this is going to actually be applied in Jesusland.

As a matter of undeniable immutable scientific fact, it is biologically impossible for a man to become a woman.

Anyone who believes otherwise is either profoundly ignorant of basic biology, or else is batshit insane.

And any such person is worthy of nothing better than the cruelest of mockery.

People who think they are wearing Magic Underwear and are going to rule their own planets in the afterlife don't get to lecture the rest of us on "Sanity" or "Science"

Not an issue of constitutional rights. You can right laws that overrule religion.

That's why the Branch Davidians weren't allowed to molest children.
It's why the Rastafarians aren't allowed to smoke dope in states where Marijuana is illegal.
It's why I can't cut out the hearts of my enemies in a tribute to the Winged Serpent God.

If a law applies to EVERYONE, it doesn't discriminate on religion. This is how the GOP is actually TRYING to disenfranchise blacks. If you require everyone to have an ID (wink, wink) then you aren't discriminating. Of course, anyone with a lick of sense realizes how this is going to actually be applied in Jesusland

Of course it's a constitutional issue because the Constitution guarantees us the right to practice religion without interference or penalty from government. The Christian faiths have been against perversion and homosexuality long before the first gays were even known in this country. It's not like they just adopted this stance in 1995. They've been against it even when I was in Catholic primary school in the 60's.

Of course it's a constitutional issue because the Constitution guarantees us the right to practice religion without interference or penalty from government. The Christian faiths have been against perversion and homosexuality long before the first gays were even known in this country. It's not like they just adopted this stance in 1995. They've been against it even when I was in Catholic primary school in the 60's.

Businesses aren't people.

YOU can follow a religious belief. Your business has to follow the rules of business.

If your religion is that much against gays, you have the option to go do something else for a living.

When Jesus pays the bills, then he can come down and tell us what customers we can refuse.

Yes, Catholic Education was confusing, watching those Nuns and Priests scream about the homosexuals when you knew they were all dykes and fags.

Businesses aren't people.

YOU can follow a religious belief. Your business has to follow the rules of business.

If your religion is that much against gays, you have the option to go do something else for a living.

When Jesus pays the bills, then he can come down and tell us what customers we can refuse.

Yes, Catholic Education was confusing, watching those Nuns and Priests scream about the homosexuals when you knew they were all dykes and fags.

If businessmen aren't people, who are they? Can you show me one US business that opened up without a human being doing it?

What don't you understand about the idea that you can't write laws against constitutional rights? I know you dream about living in a Soviet style society, but that's not what goes on in this country. When you open up a business, you do not surrender any of your rights given to us by that document.

Okay, so if they don't want to surrender their religious rights, why aren't your terrorist buddies held to the same standard?

It is amazing that women can't see the scam the democrat party has been running on them for decades....

Democrat men......women, you need sexual freedom so kill the babies so we don't have to pay for support.

Democrat men.....women, men who say they are women get to compete against you in women's sports, taking your awards and scholarships....

Democrat men......women, men can now not only compete, but win beauty contests that used to be just for women....

You have been played for fools....but keep playing, the democrat men appreciate your participation in your humiliation...

Dat ain't no woman, look at those ugly legs!!! And BIG ugly feet!! Ugh! Blah!! Choke!! AAARGH!! Not much 'upstairs' either.

Last edited:
If businessmen aren't people, who are they? Can you show me one US business that opened up without a human being doing it?

Can a business be thrown in jail or executed? Then, no, they aren't people.

What don't you understand about the idea that you can't write laws against constitutional rights? I know you dream about living in a Soviet style society, but that's not what goes on in this country. When you open up a business, you do not surrender any of your rights given to us by that document.

No, but you do have to OBEY THE LAW.

The law in question is Public Accommodation Law. If your business is a public accommodation, you can't discriminate, even if your Imaginary Friend in the Sky tells you that you can.

Get it?

Okay, so if they don't want to surrender their religious rights, why aren't your terrorist buddies held to the same standard?

Wigger, Please... Muslims are still second class citizens in this country.

There is a mosque near where I live. They have to have iron gates around it to keep rednecks like you from vandalizing it.

Can a business be thrown in jail or executed? Then, no, they aren't people.

The business owner or executives can if they break the law. Do you know why? Because it's people who run businesses.

No, but you do have to OBEY THE LAW.

The law in question is Public Accommodation Law. If your business is a public accommodation, you can't discriminate, even if your Imaginary Friend in the Sky tells you that you can.

Get it?

Sure you can if it's part of your religion. Laws don't overrule the Constitution.

Wigger, Please... Muslims are still second class citizens in this country.

There is a mosque near where I live. They have to have iron gates around it to keep rednecks like you from vandalizing it.

Dodge noted.

Did the judges know they were crowning a king instead of a queen?

Was it a secret until now?

The business owner or executives can if they break the law. Do you know why? Because it's people who run businesses.

Well, exactly. We have Public Accommodation laws. They are breaking them. Except they aren't being thrown in prison, just being fined for breaking them

Sure you can if it's part of your religion. Laws don't overrule the Constitution.

Sure they can.

We throw people in prison for smoking pot or peyote, even if it is part of their religion.
We throw Mormon Fundamentalists in prison for violating polygamy and child molestation laws.

This is where you get confused. The first Amendment is not a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Congress can't pass a law singling out a religion for its beliefs. It can pass a law that applies to everyone.

So case in point. If you are just someone who hates gays because you think the butt sex is icky, you can't discriminate against gays. You also can't discriminate against gays because your magic friend in the sky told you the butt sex was icky.

Dodge noted.

Not a dodge at all. There's isn't some "Muslims can totally have freedoms I don't have" clause out there.

Well, exactly. We have Public Accommodation laws. They are breaking them. Except they aren't being thrown in prison, just being fined for breaking them

Bull. That one bakery had to go out of business from fines and legal expenses.

Sure they can.

We throw people in prison for smoking pot or peyote, even if it is part of their religion.
We throw Mormon Fundamentalists in prison for violating polygamy and child molestation laws.

This is where you get confused. The first Amendment is not a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Congress can't pass a law singling out a religion for its beliefs. It can pass a law that applies to everyone.

So case in point. If you are just someone who hates gays because you think the butt sex is icky, you can't discriminate against gays. You also can't discriminate against gays because your magic friend in the sky told you the butt sex was icky.

It has nothing to do with hate; again, Christians don't hate. It's not part of their religion. What the baker did was refuse to be an instrumental part of their wedding. In fact the reason they targeted that guy is because they were customers of his, and knew he would object to making them a cake based on his religious beliefs. Nobody goes to prison for smoking pot for crying out loud.

Not a dodge at all. There's isn't some "Muslims can totally have freedoms I don't have" clause out there.

Bullshit. You are saying the baker can't refuse to participate in a gay wedding, but a worker refusing to scan pork products or take a trailer load of alcohol is protected because of their religious beliefs. If their religious beliefs are protected, so should Christian beliefs.

Bull. That one bakery had to go out of business from fines and legal expenses.

No, that bakery went out of business because people stopped patronizing them when it was found out that the husband was a homophobic freak. The reason why the fines were so high wasn't because he just refused to serve the gay couple, but because he publicly doxxed them, resulting in death threats against their family.

It has nothing to do with hate; again, Christians don't hate. It's not part of their religion. What the baker did was refuse to be an instrumental part of their wedding. In fact the reason they targeted that guy is because they were customers of his, and knew he would object to making them a cake based on his religious beliefs. Nobody goes to prison for smoking pot for crying out loud.

Which case are we talking about? If we are talking about the Oregon Baker, Sweet Cakes by Melissa, the wife/owner knew the couple was gay and actually INVITED them to use her shop if they ever had a ceremony. Then the woman and her mother went in, and when her husband found out it was a gay wedding, started screaming bible verses at this poor lady and her mother.

Now, if you are talking about "Masterpiece Cakeshop", it was the Colorado Human Rights commission that brought the case, not the gay couple, who merely reported it.

People go to prison for selling pot, and a possession beef is enough to get you a criminal record.

Bullshit. You are saying the baker can't refuse to participate in a gay wedding, but a worker refusing to scan pork products or take a trailer load of alcohol is protected because of their religious beliefs. If their religious beliefs are protected, so should Christian beliefs.

YOu can get another teller or driver to deliver/scan those products. So the rights of the worker aren't being infringed.

Oh, most places, you refuse to serve gay customers, and you aren't the owner, you are going to be fired...

You have a right to not do things to violate your beliefs, but your business does not.

For instance, I really, really, really fucking hate Mormons. Can't fucking stand them. Basically, their continued existence is an insult to Darwin.

But funny thing, a Mormon gives me a call tomorrow and says, "I need a resume", I can't say to them, "Fuck you, I don't do Resumes for Mormons".

There is a separation from me and my business. I'm free to hate Mormons until the Planet Kolob goes dark. My business has to provide the same services to them as I do everyone else.

Public Accommedation laws not only protect gays and minorities, they also protect Jews, Mormons, Christians and Muslims.

On a more practical note, though. Their money is just as green as anyone else's.

No, that bakery went out of business because people stopped patronizing them when it was found out that the husband was a homophobic freak. The reason why the fines were so high wasn't because he just refused to serve the gay couple, but because he publicly doxxed them, resulting in death threats against their family.

That's not why they went out of business. I seen the television interview with the guy. The government has endless money to pursue these things, but individuals don't. Nobody gives a shit whether he refused to sell a cake to a gay person because most people are not gay.

Which case are we talking about? If we are talking about the Oregon Baker, Sweet Cakes by Melissa, the wife/owner knew the couple was gay and actually INVITED them to use her shop if they ever had a ceremony. Then the woman and her mother went in, and when her husband found out it was a gay wedding, started screaming bible verses at this poor lady and her mother.

Now, if you are talking about "Masterpiece Cakeshop", it was the Colorado Human Rights commission that brought the case, not the gay couple, who merely reported it.

People go to prison for selling pot, and a possession beef is enough to get you a criminal record.

Bullshit. Nobody goes to prison for selling pot unless they are busted with a very large amount of it. Even people that have over consumer consumption only go to jail for a few days at most. Almost all pot convictions were in association with a much more serious crime.

YOu can get another teller or driver to deliver/scan those products. So the rights of the worker aren't being infringed.

Oh, most places, you refuse to serve gay customers, and you aren't the owner, you are going to be fired...

You have a right to not do things to violate your beliefs, but your business does not.

For instance, I really, really, really fucking hate Mormons. Can't fucking stand them. Basically, their continued existence is an insult to Darwin.

But funny thing, a Mormon gives me a call tomorrow and says, "I need a resume", I can't say to them, "Fuck you, I don't do Resumes for Mormons".

There is a separation from me and my business. I'm free to hate Mormons until the Planet Kolob goes dark. My business has to provide the same services to them as I do everyone else.

Public Accommedation laws not only protect gays and minorities, they also protect Jews, Mormons, Christians and Muslims.

On a more practical note, though. Their money is just as green as anyone else's.

Yes, you can get another driver to take the delivery, but who stays in business to lose money? You can't call a driver for a pickup across the state when you have a driver in that state already or perhaps the next. Yes, they could have gotten another driver, just like the gay couple could have went to another bakery, just like the Muslim drivers could have gotten one of the thousands of jobs where you don't have to deliver general freight which may include stuff like alcoholic beverages.

So where in the Constitution does it say if you have a business, you forfeit all your constitutional rights?

That's not why they went out of business. I seen the television interview with the guy. The government has endless money to pursue these things, but individuals don't. Nobody gives a shit whether he refused to sell a cake to a gay person because most people are not gay.

Actually, a lot of people did.

I'm not gay, but I'd never patronize a business run by homophobes.

Their fines and legal fees were more than covered by Christian Bigots who sent them money. The real problem was, their customers stopped showing up. Not that the Husband minded. He was the toast of the Christian Speaking Circuit. You felt bad for the wife. All she wanted to do was bake cakes, and her religious nutter husband fucked that up on her because he couldn't hold down a real job.

Bullshit. Nobody goes to prison for selling pot unless they are busted with a very large amount of it. Even people that have over consumer consumption only go to jail for a few days at most. Almost all pot convictions were in association with a much more serious crime.
Point was, they were still charged WITH A CRIME. Even if they had medical reasons. Even if they had religous reasons.

Yes, you can get another driver to take the delivery, but who stays in business to lose money? You can't call a driver for a pickup across the state when you have a driver in that state already or perhaps the next. Yes, they could have gotten another driver, just like the gay couple could have went to another bakery, just like the Muslim drivers could have gotten one of the thousands of jobs where you don't have to deliver general freight which may include stuff like alcoholic beverages.

Again, the laws say you have to make REASONABLE accommedations for people's religious beliefs. Switching out drivers was reasonable.

So where in the Constitution does it say if you have a business, you forfeit all your constitutional rights?

It doesn't.
It also doesn't say that you have the right to break OTHER laws on a religious argument. I'm not sure how many ways I can explain this to you, Welfare Ray.

Actually, a lot of people did.

I'm not gay, but I'd never patronize a business run by homophobes.

Their fines and legal fees were more than covered by Christian Bigots who sent them money. The real problem was, their customers stopped showing up. Not that the Husband minded. He was the toast of the Christian Speaking Circuit. You felt bad for the wife. All she wanted to do was bake cakes, and her religious nutter husband fucked that up on her because he couldn't hold down a real job.

A guy who opened up his own bakery is not a real job? In that case you don't have a real job either IF anything you say is true about this resume writing nonsense. When Bush was in office and this gay marriage thing started to plague our country, many states put it on the ballot. Most all states voted gay marriage acceptance down, so don't give me this BS that most people support it. You make up things in your head and expect everybody to accept it as truth

Point was, they were still charged WITH A CRIME. Even if they had medical reasons. Even if they had religous reasons.

Yes, it's called a misdemeanor and in most cases a judge waives the fines.

Again, the laws say you have to make REASONABLE accommedations for people's religious beliefs. Switching out drivers was reasonable.

Okay, I I have this delivery that will net me a $500.00 profit. Because of these intruders in our country, I have to pay another driver $700.00 to go across the country to get the delivery instead of these rag heads. Plus I have to pay him to make the delivery. You call that reasonable?

It doesn't.
It also doesn't say that you have the right to break OTHER laws on a religious argument. I'm not sure how many ways I can explain this to you, Welfare Ray.

The US Constitution is the law of the land. It supersedes all other laws created thereafter.

Forum List

Back