Women...how's feminism working out for you? Man crowned Miss Nevada......LOL.....

It has nothing to do with Jews or not Jews. God sanctioned slavery because nobody had money at the time, and it was the only way to repay debt to another person or family.

First, people had money at the time. For instance, one of the verses in the bible says you can sell your daughter into slavery, while another says you can get away with rape by paying the father of the victim 30 shekels.

Second, the Bible's laws on slavery makes distinctions between non-Jews forced into slavery and Jews sold into slavery because they couldn't pay their debts.

They are one fucken church you moron. They are not accepted by the general Christian religions.
But that's the point. They are a church that read the bible and said, "Yup, says right here, Shellfish is an abomination, just like the gay sex." Some churches are okay with shellfish. Some churches are okay with gay sex.

So who ever forced you to buy kosher products?

No law supersedes the US Constitution because the US Constitution is the law of the land. Laws have been overturned because they were unconstitutional. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. When you tell a business owner he must violate his religious beliefs to accommodate a customer, you violated his free exercise of religion.

Again, slippery slope, buddy. If you tell the local states that a regulation on business can be ignored because your imaginary friend in the sky says so, it would be impossible to regulate business.

Sanitation standards? Sorry, man, nothing in the Bible about those, you are violating my religious beliefs!

First, people had money at the time. For instance, one of the verses in the bible says you can sell your daughter into slavery, while another says you can get away with rape by paying the father of the victim 30 shekels.

Second, the Bible's laws on slavery makes distinctions between non-Jews forced into slavery and Jews sold into slavery because they couldn't pay their debts.

Not many people had 30 shekels to pay a debt which is why slavery was used instead with Jews any everybody else.

But that's the point. They are a church that read the bible and said, "Yup, says right here, Shellfish is an abomination, just like the gay sex." Some churches are okay with shellfish. Some churches are okay with gay sex.

Yeah, ONE CHURCH--not a religion. The churches that are okay with gay sex are not churches accepted by the Christian religions because they do not follow the Christian creeds. You can't call yourself one thing and act against what you claim to be. It's why Biden and John FFFFF Kerry were both refused Holy Communion by Catholic priests when they put on their dog and pony show acts for the cameras.

Again, slippery slope, buddy. If you tell the local states that a regulation on business can be ignored because your imaginary friend in the sky says so, it would be impossible to regulate business.

Sanitation standards? Sorry, man, nothing in the Bible about those, you are violating my religious beliefs!

If it's not in the Bible than there are no restrictions about sanitary codes. The Christian religion has been against gay sex since before we were born. By allowing the suit against them thus putting them out of business is in fact prohibiting free exercise of that religion. It's punishing them for following their religious beliefs which as I stated, is only allowable with Christian religions and not Muslim.

Not many people had 30 shekels to pay a debt which is why slavery was used instead with Jews any everybody else.

Okay... you said they didn't have any money at all before that... but never mind.

Come on, Guy, the problem is, slavery was okay in the bible because they were justifying their own barbarism. There are a whole lot of practices in the bible we don't follow because we are better than that now.

Homophobia will end up joining that list, and in 50 years, all the Churches will be denying they were in on it.

Yeah, ONE CHURCH--not a religion. The churches that are okay with gay sex are not churches accepted by the Christian religions because they do not follow the Christian creeds. You can't call yourself one thing and act against what you claim to be. It's why Biden and John FFFFF Kerry were both refused Holy Communion by Catholic priests when they put on their dog and pony show acts for the cameras.
The 7DA have more than one church.

And no, Biden and Kerry have no problem getting communion from their parish priests... some yahoo nut in some church they don't go to saying otherwise notwithstanding.

Frankly, what I always found amusing was we all knew the Clergy was queer in the Catholic Church. The nuns were all angry lesbians and you never let yourself be alone in a room with a priest. It's what made their howling about homosexuality that much more funny.

If it's not in the Bible than there are no restrictions about sanitary codes. The Christian religion has been against gay sex since before we were born. By allowing the suit against them thus putting them out of business is in fact prohibiting free exercise of that religion. It's punishing them for following their religious beliefs which as I stated, is only allowable with Christian religions and not Muslim.

Ray's biggest fear- a person of color can get something he can't.

You can justify anything you want using the Bible... that's the point.

Okay... you said they didn't have any money at all before that... but never mind.

Come on, Guy, the problem is, slavery was okay in the bible because they were justifying their own barbarism. There are a whole lot of practices in the bible we don't follow because we are better than that now.

Homophobia will end up joining that list, and in 50 years, all the Churches will be denying they were in on it.

It's always the same with you people that think the world started the day you were born. Slavery many years ago was as common as people owning pets today. It was not considered immoral or inhumane to have slaves. Times change and so did people, but you judge people back then by today's standards. Slavery was acceptable within and outside of religious beliefs.

When I was in school, if you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat you on the ass. It happened in most every school in the country. They not only beat your ass, but do it in front of the entire class. If a teacher did that to a student today, it would be national news, and big buck lawsuits would be placed against the teacher and the city school. Back then swats were widely accepted, and even endorsed by parents.

And no, Biden and Kerry have no problem getting communion from their parish priests... some yahoo nut in some church they don't go to saying otherwise notwithstanding.

Frankly, what I always found amusing was we all knew the Clergy was queer in the Catholic Church. The nuns were all angry lesbians and you never let yourself be alone in a room with a priest. It's what made their howling about homosexuality that much more funny.

The Catholic church was the largest religion in our country. Considering it's size, there were just a fraction of 1% of child molestation cases throughout the decades. They didn't handle the real cases of molestation properly and that was their fault. They believed in handling their problems their own way. Even when people broke into a church and stole money or items, the church in most cases would not press charges against the criminal. When the church started to payoff victims, a lot of people were lining up with their phony claims.

Years ago I was watching the local news and they were interviewing a guy who said he was molested. I knew this guy, but I couldn't remember from where. Finally it hit me about week later. This guy was one of my customers when I drove a catering truck. He was a salesman for a steel company I serviced. The guy was a pure sleeze ball. Everybody hated the asshole including me because he was constantly trying to rip me off. I let him run up a tab. When he it $20.00 and I told him no more credit until he pays, that was the last I seen of him. It was a low paying job and all losses came out of my pocket. I told one of his coworkers to tell the salesman if I ever see him outside of work, it will be the sorriest day of his life.

He was no more molested by a priest than I was.

Yes you can, but religions have certain segments of the Bible that are very strict on and a part of their religion itself, In the Christian religions, gay activity is on top of the list just like abortions. Asking a Christian to participate in a gay wedding is no different than if somebody wanted a black baker to bake them a cake for the Grand Wizard's birthday party at the KKK.

It's always the same with you people that think the world started the day you were born. Slavery many years ago was as common as people owning pets today. It was not considered immoral or inhumane to have slaves. Times change and so did people, but you judge people back then by today's standards. Slavery was acceptable within and outside of religious beliefs.

When I was in school, if you got out of hand, the teacher would take a board and beat you on the ass. It happened in most every school in the country. They not only beat your ass, but do it in front of the entire class. If a teacher did that to a student today, it would be national news, and big buck lawsuits would be placed against the teacher and the city school. Back then swats were widely accepted, and even endorsed by parents.

The Catholic church was the largest religion in our country. Considering it's size, there were just a fraction of 1% of child molestation cases throughout the decades. They didn't handle the real cases of molestation properly and that was their fault. They believed in handling their problems their own way. Even when people broke into a church and stole money or items, the church in most cases would not press charges against the criminal. When the church started to payoff victims, a lot of people were lining up with their phony claims.

Years ago I was watching the local news and they were interviewing a guy who said he was molested. I knew this guy, but I couldn't remember from where. Finally it hit me about week later. This guy was one of my customers when I drove a catering truck. He was a salesman for a steel company I serviced. The guy was a pure sleeze ball. Everybody hated the asshole including me because he was constantly trying to rip me off. I let him run up a tab. When he it $20.00 and I told him no more credit until he pays, that was the last I seen of him. It was a low paying job and all losses came out of my pocket. I told one of his coworkers to tell the salesman if I ever see him outside of work, it will be the sorriest day of his life.

He was no more molested by a priest than I was.

Yes you can, but religions have certain segments of the Bible that are very strict on and a part of their religion itself, In the Christian religions, gay activity is on top of the list just like abortions. Asking a Christian to participate in a gay wedding is no different than if somebody wanted a black baker to bake them a cake for the Grand Wizard's birthday party at the KKK.
Good post. Applying standards from one era to another is nefarious.

If you want to argue slavery as a natural anthropological development, we can.

If you want to argue that a moral God who is the authority on all morality said it was okay until it wasn't, then your argument gets weaker.

So if God was wrong about slavery, why is he right about homosexuality.

When you get down to it, all homophobic arguments boil down to God Says It's Bad and I Think It's Icky. Neither of these are a good basis for policy.

And then people realized it was having a bad psychological effect on kids and they stopped doing it.

Bullshit. The Church actively hid pedophiles and then moved them to new parishes without warning people. When your hiring criteria is "Must have no sexual interest in adult women, spend lots of time with kids" the only way you'd be more likely to get Pedophiles is to advertise in the NAMBLA times.

Wow, a whole $20.00? Really?

Except no one was asking them to patronize a gay wedding. They just had to bake a cake.

Also, being the king of bad analogies.. A gay couple for a Christian is the same as the Klan Gathering for a black? Really?

Was this rash of Gay people taking out Christians and lynching them we never heard about? Because quite the contrary it's usually the Christians lynching the gays.

Oh, as an aside, Ray, the Bible doesn't say anything about Abortion.

If you want to argue slavery as a natural anthropological development, we can.

If you want to argue that a moral God who is the authority on all morality said it was okay until it wasn't, then your argument gets weaker.

So if God was wrong about slavery, why is he right about homosexuality.

When you get down to it, all homophobic arguments boil down to God Says It's Bad and I Think It's Icky. Neither of these are a good basis for policy.

When did I say God was wrong about slavery? You always twist words around to try and win a debate, don't you? I said people decided it was wrong as time went on. In fact during the founding of this country, some felt it was wrong then. It's what created the Republican party.

Bullshit. The Church actively hid pedophiles and then moved them to new parishes without warning people. When your hiring criteria is "Must have no sexual interest in adult women, spend lots of time with kids" the only way you'd be more likely to get Pedophiles is to advertise in the NAMBLA times.

You can make that argument, but the fact of the matter is most men with a low sex drive served the church as priests and brothers without any blemish on their record.

Wow, a whole $20.00? Really?

$20.00 to me was a lot at the time. More to the fact anybody that would ripoff a poor working person making less than minimum wage at times is the lowest scum of the earth.

Except no one was asking them to patronize a gay wedding. They just had to bake a cake.

Also, being the king of bad analogies.. A gay couple for a Christian is the same as the Klan Gathering for a black? Really?

Was this rash of Gay people taking out Christians and lynching them we never heard about? Because quite the contrary it's usually the Christians lynching the gays.

Oh, as an aside, Ray, the Bible doesn't say anything about Abortion.

Wrong. The baker offered to sell them a cake but would not decorate it to their gay wedding. They would have decorated it any other way. Yes, asking a Christian baker to make a wedding cake celebrating their gay relationship is every bit offensive to the Christian as the black baker being forced to make a cake for the head of the KKK. That being said, if I were anybody in the KKK or gay wedding party, I sure as hell wouldn't eat the damn thing. Lord only knows what would be in it.

So when was the last time a Christian lynched a gay person?

The Christian religion considers abortion murder, and murder is on God's top ten list of no-no's.

When did I say God was wrong about slavery? You always twist words around to try and win a debate, don't you? I said people decided it was wrong as time went on. In fact during the founding of this country, some felt it was wrong then. It's what created the Republican party.

Either slavery is okay, because God Said so, or slavery isn't okay, and God is something we just made up to justify our own bad behavior. You can't have it both ways.

God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

And if Republicans didn't become the party of assholes who wave the Confederate Flag, you might have a point.

You can make that argument, but the fact of the matter is most men with a low sex drive served the church as priests and brothers without any blemish on their record.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, they were ALL guilty. The ones who did it, and the ones who covered it up. Hang 'em all and let God sort them out.

$20.00 to me was a lot at the time. More to the fact anybody that would ripoff a poor working person making less than minimum wage at times is the lowest scum of the earth.
You see, Ray, that you are such an angry person about something that happened 30 years ago is why we all worry when you brag about how many guns you have.

That he stiffed you for some donuts has no effect on whether Fr. McCreepy fondled him. You do realize that victims of sex abuse often act out in inappropriate ways, right?

Wrong. The baker offered to sell them a cake but would not decorate it to their gay wedding. They would have decorated it any other way. Yes, asking a Christian baker to make a wedding cake celebrating their gay relationship is every bit offensive to the Christian as the black baker being forced to make a cake for the head of the KKK. That being said, if I were anybody in the KKK or gay wedding party, I sure as hell wouldn't eat the damn thing. Lord only knows what would be in it.

Sorry, man, bullshit analogy. Gays aren't oppressing the Christians.

I'm waiting for the "No True Scotsman" defense any minute now.

The Christian religion considers abortion murder, and murder is on God's top ten list of no-no's.

Where in the bible does it call abortion murder? Chapter and verse, come on, buddy.

It ain't in there, because the bible barely considered babies to be people (Census law said not to count a baby until it was one year old, because infant mortality was so high.)

Either slavery is okay, because God Said so, or slavery isn't okay, and God is something we just made up to justify our own bad behavior. You can't have it both ways.

And if Republicans didn't become the party of assholes who wave the Confederate Flag, you might have a point.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, they were ALL guilty. The ones who did it, and the ones who covered it up. Hang 'em all and let God sort them out.

You see, Ray, that you are such an angry person about something that happened 30 years ago is why we all worry when you brag about how many guns you have.

That he stiffed you for some donuts has no effect on whether Fr. McCreepy fondled him. You do realize that victims of sex abuse often act out in inappropriate ways, right?

Where in the bible does it call abortion murder? Chapter and verse, come on, buddy.

It ain't in there, because the bible barely considered babies to be people (Census law said not to count a baby until it was one year old, because infant mortality was so high.)
The Bible is a statement of the times of humanity in a central part of the world with many ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The New Testament has an end times chapter. Since you are bringing those old testament words. So the Christians who have faith who are left will get it.

The Bible is a statement of the times of humanity in a central part of the world with many ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The New Testament has an end times chapter. Since you are bringing those old testament words. So the Christians who have faith who are left will get it.

Except Christians kept on burning witches and enslaving people long after Jesus came along.

So when was the last time the RNC ever waived a confederate flag at a conservative gathering?

Sure you can have it both ways. God said slavery was okay but people decided they didn't want that in their society any longer.

I'm not worried about something that happened 40 years ago. I pointed out these are the type of scum balls that lined up to try and rob the church with their phony claims. It's the same thing when a woman accuses a wealthy or famous person of sexual misconduct. All of a sudden you have money grabbing bimbos coming out of the woodwork making claims of things that happened to them 20 or 30 years ago when in reality, they never met the guy yet alone ever spend private time with him.

When did I say they were?

This is why I hate reading your links. You post absolute shit that has nothing to do with the discussion. I asked when was the last time Christians (as an organization) lynched gay people, and because you have no answer, you post a couple stories about some hate crime thing some guys did against a gay person.

It goes back to the age old argument of whether a fetus is a human being which the Christian religion teaches it is. Therefore when you have an abortion, it's murder in the eyes of the church.

So when was the last time the RNC ever waived a confederate flag at a conservative gathering?

Sure you can have it both ways. God said slavery was okay but people decided they didn't want that in their society any longer.
A god who tells people that slavery is okay isn't worthy of anyone's worship.

I'm not worried about something that happened 40 years ago. I pointed out these are the type of scum balls that lined up to try and rob the church with their phony claims. It's the same thing when a woman accuses a wealthy or famous person of sexual misconduct. All of a sudden you have money grabbing bimbos coming out of the woodwork making claims of things that happened to them 20 or 30 years ago when in reality, they never met the guy yet alone ever spend private time with him.
Except you inability to run a food truck really has nothing to do whether or not this man was molested as a child. Facts not in evidence.

As far as women coming out of the woodwork, do you mean like Tara Raede? Or all the Clinton Bimbo Eruptions?

When did I say they were?
Then what are you whining about?

This is why I hate reading your links. You post absolute shit that has nothing to do with the discussion. I asked when was the last time Christians (as an organization) lynched gay people, and because you have no answer, you post a couple stories about some hate crime thing some guys did against a gay person.

You think the guys who committed a hate crime against gays were Shintos?

It goes back to the age old argument of whether a fetus is a human being which the Christian religion teaches it is. Therefore when you have an abortion, it's murder in the eyes of the church.

Well, no, it doesn't.

Either God declared killing a fetus was bad, or he didn't.

In fact, there is one verse in the bible where killing a fetus merited nothing more than a fine. Exodus 21:22-25. Where striking a woman and causing a miscarriage was nothing more than a fine. This is the same books of law that executed people for pretty flimsy pretexts, but kill a fetus... meh, whatever fine the judges come up with. And that's killing someone else's fetus, not your own.

Except you inability to run a food truck really has nothing to do whether or not this man was molested as a child. Facts not in evidence.

As far as women coming out of the woodwork, do you mean like Tara Raede? Or all the Clinton Bimbo Eruptions?

I did my job just fine like every job I ever had in my life. Yes, I mean like all of these women.

Then what are you whining about?

Who's whining? Just pointing out the black and Christian bakers scenarios are the exact same thing.

You think the guys who committed a hate crime against gays were Shintos?

The article didn't mention who they were, so WTF did you waste my time posting them?

I did my job just fine like every job I ever had in my life. Yes, I mean like all of these women.

And today you are on welfare.

Getting back to the women, the problem is, women aren't usually believed, even when they are backed up by the facts. Look at how long it finally took to bring Bill Cosby down, and they couldn't even keep him down because Trump's lawyer fucked up investigation.

Who's whining? Just pointing out the black and Christian bakers scenarios are the exact same thing.

Except it isn't, because the Klan inflicted real harm on blacks, while gays just get Christians upset because of their own irrational hates.

The article didn't mention who they were, so WTF did you waste my time posting them?

Yes, they are obviously a mad bunch of Shintos running around Texas bashing gays.

1625912403929.png

And today you are on welfare.

Getting back to the women, the problem is, women aren't usually believed, even when they are backed up by the facts. Look at how long it finally took to bring Bill Cosby down, and they couldn't even keep him down because Trump's lawyer fucked up investigation.

And today you have a severe mental disability called OCD you don't have the balls to address.

Cosby shouldn't have ever spent a day in jail in the first place. Like most wealthy do, they settle these issues out of court by paying off the lowlife making the claims which Cosby did years earlier. They used that payoff as an admission of guilt later on. There was no evidence in the case. Why do you think these bimbos come out years and decades later to make the claims? Because they know there is no way to prove them wrong or right. Now if they report any illegal action to authorities when it happens, they can investigate and gather evidence; something you can't do 20 or 30 years later.

Except it isn't, because the Klan inflicted real harm on blacks, while gays just get Christians upset because of their own irrational hates.

It has nothing to do with inflicting harm. It has to do with being forced to accommodate a person who's activities you religiously or morally object to.

Yes, they are obviously a mad bunch of Shintos running around Texas bashing gays.

Great. When you can prove what they are and they acted out of their religion, tell me the paragraph it's contained in your posts. Furthermore, show me where the religion condones their actions.

And today you have a severe mental disability called OCD you don't have the balls to address.

Cosby shouldn't have ever spent a day in jail in the first place. Like most wealthy do, they settle these issues out of court by paying off the lowlife making the claims which Cosby did years earlier. They used that payoff as an admission of guilt later on. There was no evidence in the case. Why do you think these bimbos come out years and decades later to make the claims? Because they know there is no way to prove them wrong or right. Now if they report any illegal action to authorities when it happens, they can investigate and gather evidence; something you can't do 20 or 30 years later.

Actually, Trump's Lawyer shouldn't have given him immunity to settle the civil suit. That was fucked up. He should have investigated and brought charges. That was his job.

And frankly, I don't much want to live in a world where the rich can buy their way out of trouble, do you?

Most of the women who accused Cosby never asked for money. His habit of drugging and assaulting women was well known around Hollywood.

Liberty and Justice for all. Not "If you are a rich celebrity, not so much for your victims".

It has nothing to do with inflicting harm. It has to do with being forced to accommodate a person who's activities you religiously or morally object to.

Really? Then if that was the case, then they should refuse to bake a cake for any couple that lives together before they are married. Oh, wait. That's nearly everyone now.

they should refuse to sell to anyone who is on a second or third marriage.

So it's not about religious objections... it's about hate. It always was.

1626007990602.png

Great. When you can prove what they are and they acted out of their religion, tell me the paragraph it's contained in your posts. Furthermore, show me where the religion condones their actions.

You just stated that Christians have a religious objection to homosexuality. So it's okay for Christians to hate gays, just not beat them up? Or they stop being "Christians" when they beat them up?

No True Scotsman fallacy.

1626008296267.png

Actually, Trump's Lawyer shouldn't have given him immunity to settle the civil suit. That was fucked up. He should have investigated and brought charges. That was his job.

And frankly, I don't much want to live in a world where the rich can buy their way out of trouble, do you?

Most of the women who accused Cosby never asked for money. His habit of drugging and assaulting women was well known around Hollywood.

Liberty and Justice for all. Not "If you are a rich celebrity, not so much for your victims".

I'm a law and order American. I believe in our system which is any accused is innocent until proven guilty with compelling evidence, not what's "known" by others. There was no compelling evidence in this case because it would be impossible to have given the accusation came many years later. Bill Cosby is a very wealthy and famous man that probably could have had ten bimbos a night if he wanted sex. He had no reason to be drugging girls like some poor punks at a college bar who can't get laid.

Really? Then if that was the case, then they should refuse to bake a cake for any couple that lives together before they are married. Oh, wait. That's nearly everyone now.

they should refuse to sell to anyone who is on a second or third marriage.

So it's not about religious objections... it's about hate. It always was.

So who do you know that ever had a cake designed for living together? :eusa_shhh: There is nothing in the Christian religion that's against people getting remarried. They have to go through certain protocols for a sanctioned divorce like my sister did, and her husband got remarried in a Catholic church a few years later. No problems.
You just stated that Christians have a religious objection to homosexuality. So it's okay for Christians to hate gays, just not beat them up? Or they stop being "Christians" when they beat them up?

No True Scotsman fallacy.

Christian religions don't teach hate, they teach love. They teach forgiveness if a sinner stops sinning and repents as outlined by Jesus. If a guy and girl came to the bakery and the owner learned that one or both of them were once in a gay relationship, he would have no religious objections to baking them a cake for their wedding. I'm sure most people who attack others for any reason are not religious at all yet alone with any Christian religion. And certainly any attacks by a person of the faith would not be in anyway condoned by any Christian church. They would strongly stand against it.

I'm a law and order American. I believe in our system which is any accused is innocent until proven guilty with compelling evidence, not what's "known" by others. There was no compelling evidence in this case because it would be impossible to have given the accusation came many years later. Bill Cosby is a very wealthy and famous man that probably could have had ten bimbos a night if he wanted sex. He had no reason to be drugging girls like some poor punks at a college bar who can't get laid.
Bullshit. There are people doing hard time for a LOT less than what they had on Bill Cosby.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about power.

So who do you know that ever had a cake designed for living together? :eusa_shhh: There is nothing in the Christian religion that's against people getting remarried. They have to go through certain protocols for a sanctioned divorce like my sister did, and her husband got remarried in a Catholic church a few years later. No problems.

Are you seriously going to argue that if the bakery doesn't KNOW about the sin, it's okay for them to condone the sin? I mean, come on, put up or shut up. Either you are against sin, or you aren't.

Actually, the Catholic Church forbids remarriage in cases other than death or annulment. You know, it's what the whole Henry VIII thing was about.

Yes, the Catholic Church DOES put people through the wringer to give them annulments, which is reason #581 that I despise the Catholic Church. But to the point, if you are a good Catholic you really shouldn't bake a cake for someone who is getting a second marriage outside the blessing of the church. Either youare against sin or you aren't.

Christian religions don't teach hate, they teach love. They teach forgiveness if a sinner stops sinning and repents as outlined by Jesus. If a guy and girl came to the bakery and the owner learned that one or both of them were once in a gay relationship, he would have no religious objections to baking them a cake for their wedding. I'm sure most people who attack others for any reason are not religious at all yet alone with any Christian religion. And certainly any attacks by a person of the faith would not be in anyway condoned by any Christian church. They would strongly stand against it.

Bullshit.

Tell you what, let's take away the tax exemption for any church that doesn't allow gay marriage. Betcha they would all have a "Come to Jesus" moment about gay marriage after that.

Bullshit. There are people doing hard time for a LOT less than what they had on Bill Cosby.

Rape isn't about sex, it's about power.

They had nothing on Cosby, that's the point. If she was indeed raped, she should have went to the police department that evening.

Are you seriously going to argue that if the bakery doesn't KNOW about the sin, it's okay for them to condone the sin? I mean, come on, put up or shut up. Either you are against sin, or you aren't.

Actually, the Catholic Church forbids remarriage in cases other than death or annulment. You know, it's what the whole Henry VIII thing was about.

Yes, the Catholic Church DOES put people through the wringer to give them annulments, which is reason #581 that I despise the Catholic Church. But to the point, if you are a good Catholic you really shouldn't bake a cake for someone who is getting a second marriage outside the blessing of the church. Either youare against sin or you aren't.

No, the baker could care less if you sin or are sinning. I was brought up in a Catholic school and they taught us that we all sin, including the Pope. But when you insist he decorate a cake for a gay wedding of yours, that makes him a participant in your sinful activities which the baker is not about to do, and shouldn't have to do according to our US Constitution. He told them he'll sell them any cake they want and decorate it anyway they want except to decorate it according to their sinful wedding.

Bullshit.

Tell you what, let's take away the tax exemption for any church that doesn't allow gay marriage. Betcha they would all have a "Come to Jesus" moment about gay marriage after that.

Well we'll never do that unless we adopt a soviet style government that I know you yearn for. Why not take tax exemptions away from churches that do perform gay weddings?

They had nothing on Cosby, that's the point. If she was indeed raped, she should have went to the police department that evening.
Actually, they did have plenty on Cosby, his admission that he drugged women to have sex with them. Unfortunately, Trump's future lawyer screwed up.

No, the baker could care less if you sin or are sinning. I was brought up in a Catholic school and they taught us that we all sin, including the Pope. But when you insist he decorate a cake for a gay wedding of yours, that makes him a participant in your sinful activities which the baker is not about to do, and shouldn't have to do according to our US Constitution. He told them he'll sell them any cake they want and decorate it anyway they want except to decorate it according to their sinful wedding.

Actually, the Catholic Church has not come out in support of homophobic bakers. Most of the mainstream churches are avoiding this issue. What you have are a bunch of homophobes deciding they have the religious authority to violate the law.

You can believe whatever fairy tales you want. You still have to follow the law.

Well we'll never do that unless we adopt a soviet style government that I know you yearn for. Why not take tax exemptions away from churches that do perform gay weddings?

Because they aren't discrminating. Actually, there is already precedence for this. In the 1970's, Jimmy Carter revoked the tax exemptions for racist churches. That's when the Mormons had a come to God Moment and realized that black skin wasn't a curse from God.

Forum List

Back