Woman with "service" Kangaroo refused service at McDonald's

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Bet they'd serve her at IHOP.

Woman With Kangaroo Asked to Leave Wisconsin McDonald's

A Wisconsin police officer says he's quite certain he's never responded to a call like the one he handled recently at a McDonald's restaurant.

Officer Rich Dahl of Beaver Dam responded to an anonymous complaint about a woman who brought a kangaroo into McDonald's. Dahl said Tuesday the woman had the baby kangaroo wrapped in a blanket and tucked in an infant car seat.

VIDEOMan's 21-Mile Commute Inspires Hundreds to Donate

Dahl says when he confronted the woman she explained the kangaroo was a service animal to help her cope with emotional distress and she produced a letter from a doctor.

The officer says the woman was upset at first, but then agreed to leave the restaurant. Dahl says he doesn't know if a kangaroo would qualify as a service animal under the law, but he says he's glad he didn't have to find out.

Woman With Kangaroo Asked to Leave Wisconsin McDonald s NBC 7 San Diego

A Wisconsin police officer says he's quite certain he's never responded to a call like the one he handled recently at a McDonald's restaurant.

Officer Rich Dahl of Beaver Dam responded to an anonymous complaint about a woman who brought a kangaroo into McDonald's. Dahl said Tuesday the woman had the baby kangaroo wrapped in a blanket and tucked in an infant car seat.

Dahl says when he confronted the woman she explained the kangaroo was a service animal to help her cope with emotional distress and she produced a letter from a doctor.

The officer says the woman was upset at first, but then agreed to leave the restaurant. Dahl says he doesn't know if a kangaroo would qualify as a service animal under the law, but he says he's glad he didn't have to find out.

Wonder why she didn't bring her 22 foot long "service" anaconda?

:rofl:

Did the kangaroo do anything offensive? If not, why discriminate against it? Because I'll venture to say there are people who patronize McDonald's who are more obnoxious than any kangaroo could be.

In one respect I say good for McDonald's because people are starting to get fucking ridiculous with this service animal crap and are taking advantage of disability laws and abusing them. If McDonald's doesn't want a kangaroo in their store they shouldn't have to accommodate it.

That said, if it was wrapped in a blanket and tucked in a car seat as described, I don't see how it was really causing a problem for anyone so was it really that big of a deal?

Either way....its not the cops job. The fatass manager of McDonalds shoulda handled it.

People gotta stop using 911 for every little gripe and annoyance.

Woman with baby animal in a McDonalds....did not need a response from men with guns.

Society sucks.

If the animal was not creating any kind of disturbance, then in my opinion there was no reason to refuse her any service.

God bless you and her and her pet always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I wonder what its name is. :) :) :)

At McDonalds you can pay with love ( limited time offer).
"Your total for today, sir, is share your feelings with your service marsupial. "

Somebody brought a kangaroo into a McDonald's? Why does this not surprise me? Just when you think you've heard or seen it all.

In one respect I say good for McDonald's because people are starting to get fucking ridiculous with this service animal crap and are taking advantage of disability laws and abusing them.

[...]
I'm not disagreeing with you but what you've said is news to me. I've never heard of the animal problem you're talking about. Can you mention an example or two? I'm curious.

I do know that blind people are allowed to bring guide dogs into restaurants and other businesses. In fact I'm familiar with one example in which the dog is perfectly well behaved and I think it's a good thing that it's allowed.

On the other hand, some human children are absolutely intolerable in public.

Forum List

Back