Woman with "service" Kangaroo refused service at McDonald's

In one respect I say good for McDonald's because people are starting to get fucking ridiculous with this service animal crap and are taking advantage of disability laws and abusing them.

[...]
I'm not disagreeing with you but what you've said is news to me. I've never heard of the animal problem you're talking about. Can you mention an example or two? I'm curious.

I do know that blind people are allowed to bring guide dogs into restaurants and other businesses. In fact I'm familiar with one example in which the dog is perfectly well behaved and I think it's a good thing that it's allowed.

On the other hand, some human children are absolutely intolerable in public.

It's not a matter of well behaved. It's a matter of I don't want a fucking dog near me when I'm eating. I don't care how well behaved it is. I don't allow my dogs in my kitchen or dining room at all. They do come in the house, but those rooms are off limits.

A kangaroo is not a trained service animal. It is essentially a wild animal. It doesn't matter that it makes her feel better. I doubt she has insurance for any damage a wild animal might do.

Somebody brought a kangaroo into a McDonald's? Why does this not surprise me? Just when you think you've heard or seen it all.
Actually, I'd like to see it. I happen to like kangaroos. They have nice faces.

Kangaroos do have nice faces. I think that redhead from the Wendy's ads is a kangaroo.

Kangaroos like cheeseburgers, just like anyone else. They like onion rings. They like the indoor play area.

And keep in mind that these are prescription kangaroos. Doctor's orders. Medicinal kangaroos have been legalized in 29 states. In WA and CO they've been legalized for recreational use.

In one respect I say good for McDonald's because people are starting to get fucking ridiculous with this service animal crap and are taking advantage of disability laws and abusing them.

[...]
I'm not disagreeing with you but what you've said is news to me. I've never heard of the animal problem you're talking about. Can you mention an example or two? I'm curious.

I do know that blind people are allowed to bring guide dogs into restaurants and other businesses. In fact I'm familiar with one example in which the dog is perfectly well behaved and I think it's a good thing that it's allowed.

It's not a matter of well behaved. It's a matter of I don't want a fucking dog near me when I'm eating. I don't care how well behaved it is. I don't allow my dogs in my kitchen or dining room at all. They do come in the house, but those rooms are off limits.

Oh well, we have to make sacrifices for the disabled.

Edit:

That link keeps giving me "request rejected"

http://www.ada.gov/qasrvc. htm

1. Q: What are the laws that apply to my business?

A: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), privately owned businesses that serve the public, such as restaurants, hotels, retail stores, taxicabs, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities, are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires these businesses to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed.

[...]

Request Rejected

A: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), privately owned businesses that serve the public, such as restaurants, hotels, retail stores, taxicabs, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities, are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires these businesses to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed.

which is ridiculous. It's a law that Discriminates.

"Yes, you can ignore food safety laws and bring your dog into a a restaurant, no you can't bring your dog"

[...]

Request Rejected

which is ridiculous. It's a law that Discriminates.

"Yes, you can ignore food safety laws and bring your dog into a a restaurant, no you can't bring your dog"

It means a lot to them.

The important thing in a restaurant is to eliminate rodents.

There are a few exceptions. A service capybara cannot be denied access. It just needs to be a licensed service capybara that's had its measles shots.

That's my pet peeve. Who do these Hollywood celebrities think they are? They think they know better than scientists and opt out of vaccinating their service capybaras.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
The important thing in a restaurant is to eliminate rodents.

There are a few exceptions. A service capybara cannot be denied access. It just needs to be a licensed service capybara that's had its measles shots.

That's my pet peeve. Who do these Hollywood celebrities think they are? They think they know better than scientists and opt out of vaccinating their service capybaras.

I love capybaras. From what I understand they make horrible pets though. Those teeth and claws will ruin your day.

[...]

We would not get along then. I give my dog bites of my own food..on my fork. They sleep in my bed. We cuddle in chairs. They patiently wait in the kitchen when I am cooking in case I "drop" something (which I do a lot...on purpose). Then they lick my plate and I tell them it is so clean, GOOD BUTTBUTT DOGGIES pat pat pat on the head, I don't have to wash the plate! (Kidding. I wash the plate, but after they lick it clean).
I love my dogs. Some people I don't want near me at all. Period.

[...]

We would not get along then. I give my dog bites of my own food..on my fork. They sleep in my bed. We cuddle in chairs. They patiently wait in the kitchen when I am cooking in case I "drop" something (which I do a lot...on purpose). Then they lick my plate and I tell them it is so clean, GOOD BUTTBUTT DOGGIES pat pat pat on the head, I don't have to wash the plate! (Kidding. I wash the plate, but after they lick it clean).

My dog has been in some of the finest restaurants in Beverly Hills. The maitre ds all know her by name. They just don't remember my name. Madame Arwen has come to dine. Her behavior is impeccable. She drinks water from a glass. She sits quietly on my lap waiting for tid bits and never puts paws on the table. She's better behaved than people.

[...]

I seriously just threw up in my mouth a little

[...]

My dog has been in some of the finest restaurants in Beverly Hills. The maitre ds all know her by name. They just don't remember my name. Madame Arwen has come to dine. Her behavior is impeccable. She drinks water from a glass. She sits quietly on my lap waiting for tid bits and never puts paws on the table. She's better behaved than people.

It has nothing to do with behavior, why you folks imagine it does is beyond me.

Dogs are disgusting, filthy animals and belong nowhere near an eating human being. It's disgusting.

[...]

Here is one I can recall off the top of my head from just a few months ago.

Woman kicked off flight after pet pig stinks up plane New York Post

[...]

Dogs are disgusting, filthy animals and belong nowhere near an eating human being. It's disgusting.
Dogs probably think people are filthy and disgusting. You never see a dog pick up its food with its paws then put that food in its mouth and eat it.

[...]

Here is one I can recall off the top of my head from just a few months ago.

Woman kicked off flight after pet pig stinks up plane New York Post
Why would an adult person be terrified of a pot bellied pig?

[...]

I don't think I like you much, now.

Why is that? Because as much as I love dogs I don't want one around my food?

Why is that? Because as much as I love dogs I don't want one around my food?
You love dogs but they are disgusting filthy animals. Um hm. Bet you are the same kind of guy that wants a dog but leaves it chained up outside all the time and only show attention to it when you remember to feed it.

Forum List

Back