WOKE Just Died in Florida. Killed By Stop WOKE Act

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
WOKE just LOST in the state of Florida. Gov, DeSantis just signed into law the Stop WOKE Act, which bans the use of CRT in schools and workplaces. Schools and employers who continue to push what they call DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) "training", will be treading on dangerous ground.

The penalties set forth by the new law for pushing this racist, anti-American, anti-police, etc, trash are severe.
A person who believes his or her rights were violated may file a complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations within 365 days of the alleged violation and then, in most cases, pursue a civil or administrative action. Remedies available under the law include injunctive relief, back pay, compensatory damages and punitive damages (not to exceed $100,000).

The Florida attorney general is also empowered to bring civil actions for damages, injunctive relief, and fines not to exceed $10,000 per violation when the attorney general has cause to belief an employer engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination, or otherwise engaged in discrimination that violates the law and raises issues of “great public interest.”

Woke is dead in Florida. Quite possibly, if not likely, this legislation will spread to other conservative states (although some already have it too).

DeSantis trying to turn Florida into Alabama is not going to work out for him.
It's working out just fine. My only complaint with Desantis is his inattentiveness with Florida's extreme housing crisis, with rents skyrocketing to 300% increases, but that's another topic.

It's working out just fine. My only complaint with Desantis is his inattentiveness with Florida's extreme housing crisis, with rents skyrocketing to 300% increases, but that's another topic.
It's all the same topic with his neurotic focus on ideological crap because he thinks he wants to be president. We have serious things going on and he is pretty much ignoring anything that doesn't get him on the national news.

DeSantis trying to turn Florida into Alabama is not going to work out for him.
I'm not so sure.

It looks like we may be heading into a period of autocratic White "Christian" nationalism here.

No conversation, no innovation, no nuance, just pound everything into submission with a rock.

I'm not so sure.

It looks like we may be heading into a period of autocratic White "Christian" nationalism here.

No conversation, no innovation, no nuance, just pound everything into submission with a rock.
Tourism is the third rail of Florida politics and DeSantis is tap-dancing on it. If he ends up costing travel and hospitality a lot of money with these antics he is going down hard.

WOKE just LOST in the state of Florida. Gov, DeSantis just signed into law the Stop WOKE Act, which bans the use of CRT in schools and workplaces. Schools and employers who continue to push what they call DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) "training", will be treading on dangerous ground.

The penalties set forth by the new law for pushing this racist, anti-American, anti-police, etc, trash are severe.
A person who believes his or her rights were violated may file a complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations within 365 days of the alleged violation and then, in most cases, pursue a civil or administrative action. Remedies available under the law include injunctive relief, back pay, compensatory damages and punitive damages (not to exceed $100,000).

The Florida attorney general is also empowered to bring civil actions for damages, injunctive relief, and fines not to exceed $10,000 per violation when the attorney general has cause to belief an employer engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination, or otherwise engaged in discrimination that violates the law and raises issues of “great public interest.”

Woke is dead in Florida. Quite possibly, if not likely, this legislation will spread to other conservative states (although some already have it too).

So if you don't talk about a problem, the causes of it will just go away? :no_text11:

So if you don't talk about a problem, the causes of it will just go away? :no_text11:
There IS NO problem regarding race, other than that which discriminates against whites. CRT IS THE PROBLEM, as is Affirmative Action and Biden's anti-white American Rescue Plan.

Tourism is the third rail of Florida politics and DeSantis is tap-dancing on it. If he ends up costing travel and hospitality a lot of money with these antics he is going down hard.
Banning CRT is not "antics". It is doing governments # 1 job & responsibility. > PROTECTING the people - in this case, from sex perverts, anti-white racists, and anti-police and anti- America lunatics.

The housing problem isnt his, it is all the migrants from blue states that are causing the price increase. Supply and demand, my area they are building homes all over the place, but since Joe Biteme's inflation, all costs of building is going up. I closed on my new house December of last year, it has already increased in value over $500,000.

Banning CRT is not "antics". It is doing governments # 1 job & responsibility. > PROTECTING the people - in this case, from sex perverts, anti-white racists, and anti-police and anti- America lunatics.
I don't care about your persecution fantasies.

Forum List

Back