Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Show me the post where I said I freaked out. You asked for example of leftism in the show and I gave you several. You just didn’t like that I made you look stupid. It’s OK. You ll live.
Your go-to example was that in the future, gay people will be married.

Gay people get married now.
Yes and many conservatives are anti gay marriage. Star Trek overly goes into it in a prequel to show its wokeness. It didn’t add shit to the character or the show IMO. It was just there to be there. You asked for specific examples. So now you’re arguing that gay marriage is not controversial and that conservatives openly accept it. They don’t.

Yes and many conservatives are anti gay marriage. Star Trek overly goes into it in a prequel to show its wokeness. It didn’t add shit to the character or the show IMO. It was just there to be there.

You mean adding more than one dimension to the character was too many?

Okay, let's look at that. Stamets was the He was the chief engineer, kind of. Except not quite. He was the guy in charge of the Spore Drive. (Funny in this whole conversation, you never mention his name.)

So that puts him up there in the same category of other chief engineers - Scotty, LaForge, O'Brien, etc.

Scotty from TNG was a heavy drinker and was Scottish. Even got to incorporate a kilt into his dress uniform. Really didn't add shit to his character, other than giving him more depth than just his job. Geordi was a blind guy. Wow. Pandering to the disabled community!!!! ( think after a certain point, they stopped writing plots around his VISOR and even got rid of it by the movies.) O'Brien was one of the few married characters in Trek. Wow. Of course, his wife added nothing to the plot... you know, except for giving the character depth.

I could talk about B'Lenna Torres and Tucker, but their characters were kind of boring. But they were more than just their jobs.

So now you’re arguing that gay marriage is not controversial and that conservatives openly accept it. They don’t.

A lot of conservatives in 1967 were against racial equality, and there were Sulu and Uhura on the bridge.

Yes and many conservatives are anti gay marriage. Star Trek overly goes into it in a prequel to show its wokeness. It didn’t add shit to the character or the show IMO. It was just there to be there.

You mean adding more than one dimension to the character was too many?

Okay, let's look at that. Stamets was the He was the chief engineer, kind of. Except not quite. He was the guy in charge of the Spore Drive. (Funny in this whole conversation, you never mention his name.)

So that puts him up there in the same category of other chief engineers - Scotty, LaForge, O'Brien, etc.

Scotty from TNG was a heavy drinker and was Scottish. Even got to incorporate a kilt into his dress uniform. Really didn't add shit to his character, other than giving him more depth than just his job. Geordi was a blind guy. Wow. Pandering to the disabled community!!!! ( think after a certain point, they stopped writing plots around his VISOR and even got rid of it by the movies.) O'Brien was one of the few married characters in Trek. Wow. Of course, his wife added nothing to the plot... you know, except for giving the character depth.

I could talk about B'Lenna Torres and Tucker, but their characters were kind of boring. But they were more than just their jobs.

So now you’re arguing that gay marriage is not controversial and that conservatives openly accept it. They don’t.

A lot of conservatives in 1967 were against racial equality, and there were Sulu and Uhura on the bridge.
Why are we mentioning names? My point is being gay added nothing. Scotty was there for comic relief of sorts. I actually don’t care but you asked for examples and I gave you several. After you realized you looked stupid you back pedaled.

Why are we mentioning names? My point is being gay added nothing. Scotty was there for comic relief of sorts. I actually don’t care but you asked for examples and I gave you several. After you realized you looked stupid you back pedaled.

Uh, guy, you are the one who looked stupid with the whole, "Why did they make him "gay"?" argument.

Why did they make him Scottish? Why did they make him blind? Why did they make her half-Klingon.

Oh, I don't know. Character depth and development?

Uh, guy, you are the one who looked stupid with the whole, "Why did they make him "gay"?" argument.

Why did they make him Scottish? Why did they make him blind? Why did they make her half-Klingon.

Oh, I don't know. Character depth and development?
Making him gay added nothing. Scotty was there for comic relief. LaForge was there to show advancement in tech that allows blind people to see. Half Klingon and half Vulcan to show both human and alien sides. They made Sulu gay in the new Star Trek movies too. Added zero to his character development. Again, you asked. I answered and you look stupid. Thanks for playing.

Making him gay added nothing. Scotty was there for comic relief.

Actually, no, he was mostly there because the episodes required someone to pull a technical miracle to save the situation they were in. That is usually the function of a chief engineer characters.

1615134984714.png

"I canna change the laws of physics for you this week, Captain! I know I changed them for you last week, but two weeks in a row is kind of pushing it!!!"

Making him Gay or Blind or Scottish or an Irish Family Man who keeps getting wrongly thrown into prison (seriously , Poor O'Brien) just gives the character more depth.

Now, if anything is kind of off, it's that almost none of the Trek Characters are married. No one has a spouse in TOS, or TNG. In DS9, Sisko was a widower and O'Brien was married. No one was married on Voyager until Paris and Torres got married in I think it was season 6, but who cares. It's Voyager.

LaForge was there to show advancement in tech that allows blind people to see.

Except that stopped being a major plot point after Season 2 when they made him Chief Engineer. (Season 1 he was the helmsman. Then they realized they needed a chief engineer character more to move plots along.) In the wonderful "Nitpickers Guides", the author points out there are numerous episodes were Geordi should have been able to tell someone was lying or detect something, but he doesn't. Because the writers forgot about it.

Half Klingon and half Vulcan to show both human and alien sides.

Um, it was a major plot point with Spock... Torres, not so much, other than her character had a temper and she really didn't love her Klingon heritage. TNG and DS9 did vastly better jobs with the Klingons.

They made Sulu gay in the new Star Trek movies too. Added zero to his character development.

Actually, they made him gay in the movies because the actor who played him in the original series is gay. I'm not sure what the new movies were even there for, honestly, they are awful and fandom is largely trying to pretend the Kelvin Timeline didn't happen.

Again, you asked. I answered and you look stupid. Thanks for playing.

I asked, you blurted out your homophobia, and looked silly.

Hey, ever notice there are no Jewish characters in Trek. I mean, there are Jewish actors, but not characters.

1615135775838.png

No, the Ferengi don't count.

Making him gay added nothing. Scotty was there for comic relief.

Actually, no, he was mostly there because the episodes required someone to pull a technical miracle to save the situation they were in. That is usually the function of a chief engineer characters.

View attachment 465106
"I canna change the laws of physics for you this week, Captain! I know I changed them for you last week, but two weeks in a row is kind of pushing it!!!"

Making him Gay or Blind or Scottish or an Irish Family Man who keeps getting wrongly thrown into prison (seriously , Poor O'Brien) just gives the character more depth.

Now, if anything is kind of off, it's that almost none of the Trek Characters are married. No one has a spouse in TOS, or TNG. In DS9, Sisko was a widower and O'Brien was married. No one was married on Voyager until Paris and Torres got married in I think it was season 6, but who cares. It's Voyager.

LaForge was there to show advancement in tech that allows blind people to see.

Except that stopped being a major plot point after Season 2 when they made him Chief Engineer. (Season 1 he was the helmsman. Then they realized they needed a chief engineer character more to move plots along.) In the wonderful "Nitpickers Guides", the author points out there are numerous episodes were Geordi should have been able to tell someone was lying or detect something, but he doesn't. Because the writers forgot about it.

Half Klingon and half Vulcan to show both human and alien sides.

Um, it was a major plot point with Spock... Torres, not so much, other than her character had a temper and she really didn't love her Klingon heritage. TNG and DS9 did vastly better jobs with the Klingons.

They made Sulu gay in the new Star Trek movies too. Added zero to his character development.

Actually, they made him gay in the movies because the actor who played him in the original series is gay. I'm not sure what the new movies were even there for, honestly, they are awful and fandom is largely trying to pretend the Kelvin Timeline didn't happen.

Again, you asked. I answered and you look stupid. Thanks for playing.

I asked, you blurted out your homophobia, and looked silly.

Hey, ever notice there are no Jewish characters in Trek. I mean, there are Jewish actors, but not characters.

View attachment 465109
No, the Ferengi don't count.
What a long and contrived response to show your stupidity and antisemitism. Reported.

TWO NEW DR SEUSS BOOKS ON SALE!

Biden had the gall to call us Neanderthal!

Should it perplex us that they opened up Texas?

I kid you dumbass. Didn’t report you. But it’s funny that you really did so you’re making fun of yourself.

Naw, I report you because you don't follow the rules, and you've basically a troll.
So you admit there are rules and you were butthurt. You’re such a victim. Cry me a river and you admit again that your reporting resulted in zero action. So why do it? Snowflake.

So you admit there are rules and you were butthurt. You’re such a victim. Cry me a river and you admit again that your reporting resulted in zero action. So why do it? Snowflake.

Naw, man, I report you because you add very little to conversations and frankly, you have some severe mental issues.
Glass is shattering. Tell me again how Michael Jordan was a mediocre college player. Because mediocre players made the Olympic team LOL. Could you be any dumber? Report that. Snowflake.

Forum List

Back