Woke Chicago church is 'fasting from WHITENESS' for Lent by banning all hymns by Caucasian musicians: Pastor says 'our music will be drawn from the Af

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
  • The First United Church of Oak Park announced that for 2022 the it do a mix of 'giving something up' and 'taking something on' for Lent
  • The church said they would be 'fasting from whiteness' by not using music written or composed by white people but focus on music from other cultures
  • The church has even erected a sign to promote the 40-day religious observance despite the church's lead pastor, Rev. John Edgerton being white himself
  • Egerton was arrested in Boston in 2017 for confronting former Senator Orrin Hatch about proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act

You can't make this stuff up

• The First United Church of Oak Park announced that for 2022 the it do a mix of 'giving something up' and 'taking something on' for Lent
  • The church said they would be 'fasting from whiteness' by not using music written or composed by white people but focus on music from other cultures
  • The church has even erected a sign to promote the 40-day religious observance despite the church's lead pastor, Rev. John Edgerton being white himself
  • Egerton was arrested in Boston in 2017 for confronting former Senator Orrin Hatch about proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act

Interesting concept for sure. But I don't see how African American music like Superfreak and Johnny B. Good are really appropriate for worship.

To each their own, I guess.

Expect the leftists to descend, calling you a racist for objecting to (yet another) example of anti-white racism.

Hey, didn't people get the memo? The only way to prove you aren't a racist these days is to be completely racist.

We can thank all the kind folks who brought us the notion that ignorance is strength and freedom is slavery

Sounds like a leftist cult pretending to be a real church.

For the Traditionalists...............

This is actually a very good version by Lonnie Donegan

Damn if that didn't make me want to dance around the garage and do the jazz hands thing. :laughing0301:

I'm so old that I actually saw some black people picking cotton out in a field in the early 1950's, in Arkansas. I also remember seeing a water fountain in my home town of Prescott, AR that had a "Whites Only" sign, as well as a restaurant that had a similar sign.

Last edited:
This really isn’t a religious topic.….it’s about racism (against whites).

Hey, didn't people get the memo? The only way to prove you aren't a racist these days is to be completely racist.

We can thank all the kind folks who brought us the notion that ignorance is strength and freedom is slavery
“In order not to be a racist, one must become a racist.” 🤔 hmmm. Let me guess. That’s a memo from someone on the left?

Now I know why the church seems to have had zero affect on the black on black violence in Chicago.

They preach a new gospel now.

Now I know why the church seems to have had zero affect on the black on black violence in Chicago.

They preach a new gospel now.

"Do unto others before they do unto you. Then beat feet before the cops show up."

"Do unto others before they do unto you. Then beat feet before the cops show up."
….the bad news is that you must limit your theft to whatever you can carryout of the store. The good news is that TVs are much lighter these days.

It's the Obama agenda in action.

Well good for them. They might as well quit appropriating my English language too, and switch over to their native African vernacular.

And stop appropriating the white invented Internet, white invented television, white invented fertilizers, white developed irrigation, white invented cars, batteries, oh and PRINTING presses, those hymns better be scrawled by hand, Oh and paper, and written language.... (Egyptians were white, Phoenician)

Forum List

Back