Without bashing Trump, what did Biden do to build the case for himself in the debate?

Biden put to rest any rumors that he has dementia

He also presented himself as the more “presidential” of the two
We have had "presidential" leaders. They lied us into the situation we had that led to the election of Trump. A corrupted congress and a total left wing loon in Obama was the final straw. Repubs have theirs we all, know. But Repubs have very few guys who could go toe to toe in Prog talk. And Trump can do Prog Talk. You are forgetting that Biden was doing Prog Talk. Just like most every other Prog.

I don’t think Biden provided any substance to his platform. He talked about energy, climate change, and taxes on the rich but appeared to be disjointed in that somehow all of these initiatives were all going to lead to jobs. He provided no insight as to “how” or “why” those jobs were going to happen. It’s almost as if “jobs” was a mantra to make everyone feel good and to justify each of his initiatives.

I defy any Biden supporter to refute my thread on Biden without a “But Trump....” or bashing Trump. We already have plenty of threads playing up Biden dependent on Trump being bashed. Let’s see if Biden is a solid stand-alone.
[/QUOTE

Hispanic voters overwhelmingly picked Trump as the winner. In fact, Trump crushed Biden 66/34 regarding who they think won the first duel. This is going to hurt Biden in November.

He let everyone know he is the Democrat Party... Couple that with all those quick sniffs and long ones for that matter and it is very telling.

WALLACE COMES TO BIDEN'S RESCUE AGAIN:

DONALD TRUMP:
He doesn't have any law support. He has no law enforcement.

JOE BIDEN:
That's not true.

DONALD TRUMP:
He has almost nothing. Oh, really, who do you have name one group that supports you name one group that came out and supported you. Go ahead. Think we have time.

JOE BIDEN:
We don't have time to do anything.

DONALD TRUMP:
No, no think right now. Name one law enforcement group that came out in support of you.

CHRIS WALLACE:
Now, gentleman. I think I'm going to tell I'm going to take back the bottom line.

DONALD TRUMP:
There aren't any.

Biden was called out, lied, and had to be saved by Wallace.

I don’t think Biden provided any substance to his platform. He talked about energy, climate change, and taxes on the rich but appeared to be disjointed in that somehow all of these initiatives were all going to lead to jobs. He provided no insight as to “how” or “why” those jobs were going to happen. It’s almost as if “jobs” was a mantra to make everyone feel good and to justify each of his initiatives.

I defy any Biden supporter to refute my thread on Biden without a “But Trump....” or bashing Trump. We already have plenty of threads playing up Biden dependent on Trump being bashed. Let’s see if Biden is a solid stand-alone.

Nothing. His only message was "I'm not Trump"

I agree. He also dodged a few questions and refused to answer them, like this short list for SCOTUS and what law enforcement agencies are allegedly backing him.

Someone needs to edit a video of the debate showing only the hundred(s) times Biden and Wallace interrupted Trump when it was Trump's "turn". It would help put another PROG-think into correct perspective.

Biden just recited the same democrat talking points without substance over and over.

Trump called him out on his response to COVID and most didnt know that democrats and Biden sat on thier damn hands for 4 months calling Trump names while doing very little... That facts is now out in the open as seen in traffic about the COVID time line that exploded last night. The news is out and it will take a few days before the real outcome of this shit storm last night is known...

The bar was set at "if Xiden doesn't soil himself (a la Nadler) he wins the debate"....

Based on that lofty criteria, Plugs did real well, I suppose. He literally did not shit his pants on the stage.

<golf clap>

BTW, what was the answer to "Why did the Russians give Hunter $3.5M?" I didn't catch the answer, in the ensuing confusion.
Biden called Trump a liar even though there are banking records showing the transfer....

WALLACE:
"Mr. Vice-president you say that people who commit crimes should be held accountable. The question I have though is as the Democratic nominee, and earlier tonight, you said that you are the Democratic Party right now, have you ever called the Democratic Mayor of Portland or the Democratic Governor of Oregon and said, 'Hey, you got to stop this, bring in the National Guard, do whatever it takes, but you'd stop the days and months of violence in Portland.'

JOE BIDEN:
"I don't hold public office. Now I am a former vice president. I've made it clear. I've made it clear in my public statements that the violence should be prosecuted. It should be prosecuted and anyone who committed it should be prosecuted."

CHRIS WALLACE:
"But you've never called for the people…"

NO!

JOE BIDEN:
"They can in fact take care of it if he just stay out of the way."

JOE BIDEN FLAT OUT LIES HERE. Those Democrats actually AIDED & ABEDDED the foreign-funded domestic terrorists and criminals who looted, burned, destroyed, held hostages, raped, murdered, and assassinated policemen. They provided them with food, hardened barriers, publicly praised the crimes, refused to call out the National Guard, turn the front door of the police stations into turn styles - freeing violence criminals just as fast as they were booked!

Biden put to rest any rumors that he has dementia

He also presented himself as the more “presidential” of the two
We have had "presidential" leaders. They lied us into the situation we had that led to the election of Trump. A corrupted congress and a total left wing loon in Obama was the final straw. Repubs have theirs we all, know. But Repubs have very few guys who could go toe to toe in Prog talk. And Trump can do Prog Talk. You are forgetting that Biden was doing Prog Talk. Just like most every other Prog.

Obama is not a "left wing loon". He's not the one who crashed the economy, putting millions out of work, and bankrupting small businesses. That would be Reagan, Bush 43 and Donald Trump - all hard right Republicans, who lied about the effects of their policies.

The ONLY thing Obama did wrong was to be born black. That's why you elected a white supremacist like Donald Trump, and it's why you continue to support him.

Quite frankly, you last two sentences are word salad that are both illogical and stupid. "Prog talk" is what exactly? Is that discussing the issues and your plans for dealing with them? Something that Trump never, ever does.

Trump stands for "law and order" but what exactly does he mean by "law and order"? It seems to mean a nation which doesn't protest against anything Trump does. Trump has no problem letting his criminal associates out of jail. "Law and order" means not pardoning your criminal associates. He has no problem with obstructing justice, shutting down investigations, manufacturing evidence, or firing those who refuse his criminal orders. "Law and order" includes not covering up your own crimes, or shutting down investigations of your crimes. Last but not least, "Law and order" doesn't mean trying to throw your political opponents in jail or making up crimes that never happened to try to get them charged.

One HUGE mistake by Biden:

BIDEN:
"Antifa is an idea not an organization"

Biden declared Trump's own FBI Director has claimed WHITE SUPREMACISTS are the top threat in the US right now.....yet for months we have seen Democrat-run cities being looted, burned, destroyed by BLM and Antifa.

It is understandable that FBI Director Wray would say this as he is dirty as hell and evidence shows he has been hiding evidence of FBI, Hillary, and Obama administration crimes - to especially include FISA Court crimes over a decade. He is anti-Trump, cut from the same cloth as Mueller and Comey,and more than enough evidence exists to fire him now at the least, deservedly indicted.

As far as 'Antifa' being an 'idea'...

biden came off better than i thought he would. but he also showed why it's easy to believe the hacked up videos that show him stumbling through things. he still does and gets #'s wrong "on the fly". i don't think he's "lying" - i think he's just not thinking and yes, as you get older you "misspeak" more. end of story. so no, i don't fault biden for much of that area as it's common to us all.

but his pandering to the audience was far more used car salesman than appealing.

i don't get why they asked for breaks at 30 minutes. it made it look like biden has no stamina and played into "sleepy joe" far too well.

trump was trump. you know he will interrupt and you know he will troll you. that's what he does. but bidens reactions made him look every bit as juvenile. i guess to be fair, thats just what he does.

in the end, i felt embarrassed as a country this is our leadership from either side. dignity and respect was far away and not to be seen and it was much like kids in a playground getting digs in before lunch. we looked the fool to the world.

and that is a WE, not trump, not biden, not wallace.

we all did.

Forum List

Back