Without bashing Trump, what did Biden do to build the case for himself in the debate?

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
I don’t think Biden provided any substance to his platform. He talked about energy, climate change, and taxes on the rich but appeared to be disjointed in that somehow all of these initiatives were all going to lead to jobs. He provided no insight as to “how” or “why” those jobs were going to happen. It’s almost as if “jobs” was a mantra to make everyone feel good and to justify each of his initiatives.

I defy any Biden supporter to refute my thread on Biden without a “But Trump....” or bashing Trump. We already have plenty of threads playing up Biden dependent on Trump being bashed. Let’s see if Biden is a solid stand-alone.

He claimed Trump was wrong on everything but never even suggested what he would have done. He had a few generalities but would not even comment on if he would pack the court.
He showed nothing of substance. But at least he did manage to stay awake.
AOC said they could talk him into a more leftist stance once he is elected.

I don’t think Biden provided any substance to his platform. He talked about energy, climate change, and taxes on the rich but appeared to be disjointed in that somehow all of these initiatives were all going to lead to jobs. He provided no insight as to “how” or “why” those jobs were going to happen. It’s almost as if “jobs” was a mantra to make everyone feel good and to justify each of his initiatives.

I defy any Biden supporter to refute my thread on Biden without a “But Trump....” or bashing Trump. We already have plenty of threads playing up Biden dependent on Trump being bashed. Let’s see if Biden is a solid stand-alone.

He didn't do anything to build his case and all he did was piss off the left.

He said he was against the New Green Deal. That's a lie.

He couldn't name one police association that supported him. Because who would?

Joe's a mess. And the more he's exposed the less support he will get from the far left.

If anything, I believe Biden lost some ground with his own supporters. He declared he was against defunding the police and insisted he was NOT for the Green New Deal, which is going to turn off a lot of far left extremists. I did find it amusing that Biden didn't recognize what was in 'his' plan - the Green New Deal posted on his web site.

Joe confirmed everyone's suspicion that his list of judges contains a bunch of radicals by refusing to release the list / name any names, and he ran from that challenge and from the question if supports packing the court.

His reaction to President Trump pointing out that he DID oppose life-saving travel bans - grimacing and shaking his head 'NO' - was a big flashing neon 'LIAR' sign over his head. Unless they were living in their basement like Joe, everyone remembers how Joe led the Democrats in opposition to them, calling them 'Xenophobic' while Democrats authored legislation to block the bans.

He claimed Trump was wrong on everything but never even suggested what he would have done. He had a few generalities but would not even comment on if he would pack the court.

AOC is spot on. That is why Kamala Harris is there. Should Biden win, it will be Harris running the country.

AOC is spot on. That is why Kamala Harris is there. Should Biden win, it will be Harris running the country.
Not sure if it will be Harris. Someone has been pulling strings since the beginning. Even before Harris was involved.

The CNN poll said Biden won 60-28, so the American people thought BIden built the better case.

A large part of it was demeanor. Biden addressed the audience instead of just yelling at the other guy. He looked into the cameras instead of glaring at the other guy. He acted like a president, as opposed to a screaming toddler. If Trump had done some debate prep, he could have been coached on such things, but Trump decided he was above all that.

Biden put to rest any rumors that he has dementia

He also presented himself as the more “presidential” of the two

Biden did much better than I thought he would. Compared to his 1:1 interviews, he was coherent, crisp. He cleaned up when it counted.

What is “presidential”? Trump is crass and decidedly not Washington but Biden is coming up on 50 years in Washington and most recently jumped around like a sophomore in high school chanting “great fucking deal! ” on his predecessor’s landmark legislation.

The CNN poll said Biden won 60-28, so the American people thought BIden built the better case.

A large part of it was demeanor. Biden addressed the audience instead of just yelling at the other guy. He looked into the cameras instead of glaring at the other guy. He acted like a president, as opposed to a screaming toddler. If Trump had done some debate prep, he could have been coached on such things, but Trump decided he was above all that.

You lost your argument on two fronts. First, you presented a CNN Poll as representative to the American people. Then, you had to include a take down of Trump.

Good question. If I may I'll ask, at what time (video?) did Biden provide anything remotely objective or substantial? Any point will do, and any subject less "Trump you're being rude, yadda yadda"?

CNN is the American people?....they represent the left.....thats only a percentage of the American people....

You lost your argument on two fronts. First, you presented a CNN Poll as representative to the American people.

You lost your agrument by running and crying instead of addressing my points.

Then you lost it by invoking conspiracy stupidity about CNN instead of facing the simple truth that Trump did poorly.

We encourage you to keep up your delusions, since it will makes the Democratic landslide that much bigger.

Then, you had to include a take down of Trump.

When the issue is why Biden did so much better than Trump, you have to compare Biden to Trump. Your attempts at censorship don't change that.

Let me go over this again, to help you out. Debates aren't won on policy, so Biden's win on explaining policy means little. Debates are won on style. Biden's style was presidential. Trump's style was bullying and childish. Biden looked much better than Trump on style, so he won big.

The bar was set at "if Xiden doesn't soil himself (a la Nadler) he wins the debate"....

Based on that lofty criteria, Plugs did real well, I suppose. He literally did not shit his pants on the stage.

<golf clap>

BTW, what was the answer to "Why did the Russians give Hunter $3.5M?" I didn't catch the answer, in the ensuing confusion.

Forum List

Back