With Roe On Life Support: How The F%^& Did We Get Here?

Are you going to rephrase the question or continue the puerile tirade?

A fine thank you for helping to refine.....reform.....your educational lacunae!

No, the question was successfully answered by ....moi.

This:
Under the principle of federalism, there is no need for all states do have the very same laws.
That leads to the question of whether all states would ban or allow abortion if the Court overturns Roe.

" So if Roe v. Wade is overturned, these states might ban abortion: There's four states that will immediately ban abortions at the drop of the hat — quite literally the moment that the Supreme Court makes their decision. Mississippi, Louisiana, North Dakota, and South Dakota have “trigger laws” in place that would automatically ban abortion if Roe v. Wade gets overturned, according to The Guardian. In other words, these states have prepared in advance for this day to happen.

... there are also states that will definitely protect abortion if the country's highest court decides to overturn the federal right to abortion. Maine, California, Nevada, Delaware, and Maryland all currently have laws in place that will protect abortion rights. There are also a few states — Hawaii, Alaska, New York, and Washington — which had passed laws allowing abortion access prior to Roe, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which could mean they would legalize it on the state level again, should Roe fall. So if you live in those states you're fine,...."
www.elitedaily.com

These Are The States That Might Ban Abortion If Roe V. Wade Is Repealed, So Get Ready

With the news of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's retirement from the bench, talk of Roe v. Wade getting repealed naturally comes to mind due to President Donald Trump's presidency. It's not a fun conversation to have, but it's the reality…
www.elitedaily.com
www.elitedaily.com

If you don't like your state's view of abortion.....hop over to another.....'

Speaking of Alaska.....
I’ve read that 70,000 people have gone totally missing in Alaska since 1988.

Have you considered a trip to lovely Alaska??

A fine thank you for helping to refine.....reform.....your educational lacunae!

No, the question was successfully answered by ....moi.

This:
Under the principle of federalism, there is no need for all states do have the very same laws.
That leads to the question of whether all states would ban or allow abortion if the Court overturns Roe.

" So if Roe v. Wade is overturned, these states might ban abortion: There's four states that will immediately ban abortions at the drop of the hat — quite literally the moment that the Supreme Court makes their decision. Mississippi, Louisiana, North Dakota, and South Dakota have “trigger laws” in place that would automatically ban abortion if Roe v. Wade gets overturned, according to The Guardian. In other words, these states have prepared in advance for this day to happen.

... there are also states that will definitely protect abortion if the country's highest court decides to overturn the federal right to abortion. Maine, California, Nevada, Delaware, and Maryland all currently have laws in place that will protect abortion rights. There are also a few states — Hawaii, Alaska, New York, and Washington — which had passed laws allowing abortion access prior to Roe, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which could mean they would legalize it on the state level again, should Roe fall. So if you live in those states you're fine,...."
www.elitedaily.com

These Are The States That Might Ban Abortion If Roe V. Wade Is Repealed, So Get Ready

With the news of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's retirement from the bench, talk of Roe v. Wade getting repealed naturally comes to mind due to President Donald Trump's presidency. It's not a fun conversation to have, but it's the reality…
www.elitedaily.com
www.elitedaily.com

If you don't like your state's view of abortion.....hop over to another.....'

Speaking of Alaska.....
I’ve read that 70,000 people have gone totally missing in Alaska since 1988.

Have you considered a trip to lovely Alaska??

So you just wanted to hear yourself talk.

Got it….

The Constitution with it's lack of definition on the subject kinda stated that it was a State issue
and not a Federal issue. I think with SCOTUS throwing it back to the states is the proper call.
Let the People figure out what they want.

I agree. I'm prochoice, but I have always been in favor of overturning Roe. It was THE textbook case of judicial activism and it's been biting us in the ass as a nation ever since. Every fucking election we have to hear about this stupid abortion issue and that is also why judicial confirmations have been such a circus. The correct ruling by the court back in 1973 would have been to kick it over to Congress and tell them to pass legislation codifying abortion rights.

What rights do some have that others don't?
Is this about abortion?

If so the women right will be limited in States like Texas where as in California they will have wider open rights.

Let take the amount of time to have an abortion and the fifteen week number has been tossed around a lot where as a State like California will allow abortion later, so there are different rights in different States.

Now if the left want this to be nailed shut they should focus on the ERA Amendment and get abortion covered in it so that women will share the same exact rights across the country and not have varying rights on this matter.

Does that he answer your question?

So you just wanted to hear yourself talk.

Got it….

I do enjoy that. The reason is that I honor accuracy and correctness.

Which is why your produce is less acceptable.

But I am sure that your work is taken as top rate, in certain......circles.

de gustibus non disputandum est

7. “The messy details of abortion are a bad fit with the left’s preference for haughty indignation. The absurd, backward rhetoric that associates abortion rights with “women’s lives” exposes the dissonance.

There is no question but that something gets killed in an abortion, whether one considers that thing worthy of life, like a human, or unworthy of life, like crabgrass. But the pro-killing side of the debate flips the facts upside down to claim that they are protecting women’s “lives”—as opposed to women’s convenience.

At best, some women’s “lives” would be saved by abortion if one presupposes women will make good on their threat to: (1) refuse to use birth control and (2) when they get pregnant, engage in unsafe and illegal abortion procedures.”

Coulter, “Slander”

Is this about abortion?

If so the women right will be limited in States like Texas where as in California they will have wider open rights.

Let take the amount of time to have an abortion and the fifteen week number has been tossed around a lot where as a State like California will allow abortion later, so there are different rights in different States.

Now if the left want this to be nailed shut they should focus on the ERA Amendment and get abortion covered in it so that women will share the same exact rights across the country and not have varying rights on this matter.

Does that he answer your question?

Or they can pass a law specific to abortion. I would need to know more about what's in the ERA before I would or would not support it. What I've observed from government over the years is when they use words like "equal" "freedom" "rights" they usually mean the opposite.

What happened? Evangelicals began to get into politics … because of desegregation. When public schools were desegregated in the 1950s, white Evangelicals and even some Catholics left in droves, the Evangelicals especially sending their kids to so-called “segregation academies,” religious schools that only admitted white people. (Jerry Falwell ran one.) At the same time as Roe was being argued, those academies were found to be illegal, even though white Christians protested that their religious beliefs compelled them to keep the races separated.

Conservative Evangelicals and Catholics had tended to avoid the mess of politics, and rarely agreed with one another. But with courts forcing white Christians to go to school with Black kids, that changed, and in the late 1970s, the Christian right was born. Yet there was a problem: preserving segregation was no longer an effective unifying issue. And so, Paul Weyrich, Falwell, and other founders of the Christian right — in a history meticulously documented by Randall Balmer — seized on abortion instead.

Abortion was perfect. Support for abortion overlapped with support for desegregation, women’s rights, gay rights, and the sexual revolution. If you fought one, you could fight the others too. Plus abortion was an emotional issue that was easily used to whip up anger and indignation, as well as to drive people to the polls (and to donate money).

The gambit worked. The Christian right got Ronald Reagan elected in 1980, and since then, opposition to abortion has been a defining issue of the Republican Party. And for the last 45 years, the Christian right has been methodically, meticulously planning for this very moment. Christian fundamentalists only supported politicians who were “Pro-Life,” driving moderate Republicans out of the party. They made being “Pro-Life” central to their religious identity. Despite the obvious history, and the total lack of Biblical support, they made “life begins at conception” into dogma.

And they worked to transform the judiciary. Judges and justices began to be vetted for their stances on abortion rights, usually in code. With a newly minted philosophy called “originalism,” legal scholars and judges said that only rights that were “part of our Nation’s history and tradition” were covered by the constitution’s guarantees. No one believed this preposterous idea fifty years ago, but now five Supreme Court justices do.

Jerry Falwell. One of the biggest pieces of shit to ever exist on this planet.

You're so full of shit your eyes have to be Brown, Originalism has been around the framing.

Originalism is grounded in the two-century-long movement toward constitutionalism, and it is behind the U.S. Constitution itself. Consider the following ten purposes that underlie the U.S. Constitution. Critically, all of these counsel in favor of an originalist rather than a living constitutionalist interpretation of the text of the Constitution, which would undermine the accomplishment of these purposes at every turn.

You just don't like the fact nobody but whack job buys into the "Living Document" crap.

I do enjoy that. The reason is that I honor accuracy and correctness.

Which is why your produce is less acceptable.

But I am sure that your work is taken as top rate, in certain......circles.

de gustibus non disputandum est

Says the poster who cannot handle being challenged without resorting to childish insults.

Priceless…

Says the poster who cannot handle being challenged without resorting to childish insults.

Priceless…

Challenged????

How can facts and truth be challenged?

And.....as with everything I do, I'm really good at what youv'e called 'insults,' but are really factual descriptions.

For example.....
I see myself as a brilliant solar flare, and you as a flicker from one of those 'Draw The Pirate' matchbooks.

Be content with what you are.

8. To cut to the chase, I offer this as the basis for moral decisions, particularly on abortion: human being are separate and distinct from any other life on the planet, and the importance of human life should be held as the principle for moral decisions.

Hence, if you claim that the fetus is not human, you have neither a moral nor a science-based opinion…

“It's not a child, and it's not alive. To refer to a zygote or a fetus….”
Pro-abortion? Why?

“…pretend that those who are not yet living, are alive and have rights.”
"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

“…a zygote is not a human being.”
"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

“ It's not a "human being", until it's sentient, aware, and able to breathe on its own. “
Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

….well, science disagrees with such an appraisal, but, imbeciles have a right to an opinion, no matter how wrong.

Challenged????

How can facts and truth be challenged?

And.....as with everything I do, I'm really good at what youv'e called 'insults,' but are really factual descriptions.

For example.....
I see myself as a brilliant solar flare, and you as a flicker from one of those 'Draw The Pirate' matchbooks.

Be content with what you are.

Get back to me when truth and facts are posted.

Copy and paste Gish gallop doesn’t count.

What happened? Evangelicals began to get into politics … because of desegregation. When public schools were desegregated in the 1950s, white Evangelicals and even some Catholics left in droves, the Evangelicals especially sending their kids to so-called “segregation academies,” religious schools that only admitted white people. (Jerry Falwell ran one.) At the same time as Roe was being argued, those academies were found to be illegal, even though white Christians protested that their religious beliefs compelled them to keep the races separated.

Conservative Evangelicals and Catholics had tended to avoid the mess of politics, and rarely agreed with one another. But with courts forcing white Christians to go to school with Black kids, that changed, and in the late 1970s, the Christian right was born. Yet there was a problem: preserving segregation was no longer an effective unifying issue. And so, Paul Weyrich, Falwell, and other founders of the Christian right — in a history meticulously documented by Randall Balmer — seized on abortion instead.

Abortion was perfect. Support for abortion overlapped with support for desegregation, women’s rights, gay rights, and the sexual revolution. If you fought one, you could fight the others too. Plus abortion was an emotional issue that was easily used to whip up anger and indignation, as well as to drive people to the polls (and to donate money).

The gambit worked. The Christian right got Ronald Reagan elected in 1980, and since then, opposition to abortion has been a defining issue of the Republican Party. And for the last 45 years, the Christian right has been methodically, meticulously planning for this very moment. Christian fundamentalists only supported politicians who were “Pro-Life,” driving moderate Republicans out of the party. They made being “Pro-Life” central to their religious identity. Despite the obvious history, and the total lack of Biblical support, they made “life begins at conception” into dogma.

And they worked to transform the judiciary. Judges and justices began to be vetted for their stances on abortion rights, usually in code. With a newly minted philosophy called “originalism,” legal scholars and judges said that only rights that were “part of our Nation’s history and tradition” were covered by the constitution’s guarantees. No one believed this preposterous idea fifty years ago, but now five Supreme Court justices do.

Hate to tell you, but desegregation failed because neither group wanted it. Neither the blacks NOR the whites. That's why it faded away with a whimper. The only ones who wanted it were the few wealthy cloistered pasty-faced Marxists.

Get back to me when truth and facts are posted.

Copy and paste Gish gallop doesn’t count.

Why would anyone .....ever......get back to you????

When you get beyond junior high, you might figure out the level of expertise required for 'copy and paste,' and be really embarrassed.

Now write soon.....I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.

Last edited:
9. One can hear echoes:

“Even the United States Supreme Court endorsed aspects of eugenics. In its infamous 1927 decision, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote, "It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind…. Three generations of imbeciles are enough." This decision opened the floodgates for thousands to be coercively sterilized or otherwise persecuted as subhuman.

Years later, the Nazis at the Nuremberg trials quoted Holmes's words in their own defense.

Only after eugenics became entrenched in the United States was the campaign transplanted into Germany, in no small measure through the efforts of California eugenicists, who published booklets idealizing sterilization and circulated them to German officials and scientists.” The Horrifying American Roots of Nazi Eugenics | History News Network

You don’t hear the echo???

"Alabama State Rep. John Rogers (D) on abortion: “Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now or you kill them later”
pic.twitter.com/dxPg6X759h
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 1, 2019

"This is stomach curling and makes Ralph Northam look like a moderate on abortion," Trump Jr tweeted in response. "Every Democrat running for President needs to be asked where they stand on this. The extreme turn we've seen from Dems on abortion recently is truly sickening."
WATCH: Democrat says, Donald Trump Jr's "mother should have aborted him... because he's retarded" · Caldron Pool

"Enshrining a constitutional right to an abortion based solely on the race, sex, or disability of an unborn child, as Planned Parenthood advocates, would constitutionalize the views of the 20th-century eugenics movement," he concluded. "Although the Court declines to wade into these issues today, we cannot avoid them forever. Having created the constitutional right to an abortion, this Court is dutybound to address its scope." Justice Thomas Issues Fiery Condemnation of Eugenic Abortion

Democrats love that word, 'kill,' don't they.

Roe has been on life support for 50 years. Waiting for do nothing lawmakers to fix it.

JO

When you get beyond junior high, you might figure out the level of expertise required for 'copy and paste,' and be really embarrassed.

Now wrote soon.....I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.
Bwahahahahaha..... Nice

Now write soon.....I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.

So you got nothing.

Fair enough…

Forum List

Back