With permission requested from Mods: a re-post with new commentary - yes, an American brigade should be forward posted in Poland

We do need 'forward' posted units in nations bordering Russia, and not just in Poland.

Findland and Sweden and the Baltic Republics should request American posts in their countries.

They would serve as 'tripwires' in a Russian invasion comes, engaging American troops that would bring US and NATO to that nation's defense.

It will be necessary to post American units in Ukraine as well before long.

[Thank you, Litwin] Army spokesperson Col. Roger Cabiness II told Army Times, however, that “forward basing of an ABCT is not a simple task.” Doing so would require diplomatic and legislative approvals both at home and abroad.

The report’s authors also recommended that the Air Force station an additional F-16 squadron in Germany; increase anti-submarine warfare capability and air defense forces; bolster stockpiles of prepositioned equipment and ammunition; and continue modernization, cyber, space and security cooperation efforts

www.armytimes.com

Army should permanently station armor brigade in Poland, report argues

The Center for Strategic and International Studies said the Army should reduce its Europe rotations in favor of permanent bases.
www.armytimes.com
www.armytimes.com
Remember when the Left was vehemently anti-war?? Good times!

Shows they dont give a damn about us.

The obscene level of defense spending has been going on since the Reagan administration. Not a peep out of anybody on the right until now.

After we help Ukraine finish driving Russia off their territory, we can stop then. The first cuts being the aid we give to Israel. Then we end Space Force. Then we freeze spending for the next 10 years. With all of the money now spent on domestic programs in the US that go directly to the people, and not one fucking dime go into one company's pocket.

It's about time you learn to love giving money directly to the people as much as you do Boeing, Exxon, United Healthcare.

The obscene level of defense spending has been going on since the Reagan administration. Not a peep out of anybody on the right until now.

After we help Ukraine finish driving Russia off their territory, we can stop then. The first cuts being the aid we give to Israel. Then we end Space Force. Then we freeze spending for the next 10 years. With all of the money now spent on domestic programs in the US that go directly to the people, and not one fucking dime go into one company's pocket.

It's about time you learn to love giving money directly to the people as much as you do Boeing, Exxon, United Healthcare.
Not a peep? Bring up the subject. I am vehemently opposed to this and have been so for a long time.
The 10 year moratorium will never happen. Too many lobbyists.
The only thing I disagree with you on is is Ukraine. If we are going to win this, other countries have to "pony up" and pay. I believe we are throwing good money at bad, leave it at that.

I should say I could see us helping other countries that have our same basic bill of rights,,,

this protecting countries that dont allow their own people basic rights is a no go for anything needing money or american lives
This country is waging a war against our former president due to orders by the current president. We must vote Biden out and restore Trump to the office.

Then SECURE THE FUCKING BORDER

It is getting less obscene since Democrats have ruined our military. They suffer not nearly enough who want to join and are diminishing requirements now.

Findland and Sweden and the Baltic Republics should request American posts in their countries.

Incredible naivety .
My impression this last year is that there is something seriously wrong with the OPs mental balance .
His appreciation of the history behind the present Ukraine conflict is minimal at best , and his comprehension of geo political basics appears non existent .

The two assertions singled out in his post are the types of things I would have expected from a Victoria Nuland or Zelensky --- insane ravings from clinically deranged individuals .
imho

A permanent American base in Poland would be only possible with a bilateral defense pact with Poland. Japan and Germany accepted the US occupation after they were defeated. Poland may not be ready for being occupied and losing political independence. The mutual defense pact with Japan was signed because Kishi and other LDP leaders were bribed by Washington, enriching themselves via the M-Fund that had existed in Japan for more than 40 years until the 1990s.

THE CIA AND JAPANESE POLITICS​

Chalmers Johnson, Norbert A. Schlei and Michael Schaller

Asian Perspective
Vol. 24, No. 4, Special Issue on Dysfunctional Japan: At Home and In the World (2000), pp. 79-103 (25 pages)
Published By: The Johns Hopkins University Press

Last edited:
Incredible naivety .
My impression this last year is that there is something seriously wrong with the OPs mental balance .
His appreciation of the history behind the present Ukraine conflict is minimal at best , and his comprehension of geo political basics appears non existent .

The two assertions singled out in his post are the types of things I would have expected from a Victoria Nuland or Zelensky --- insane ravings from clinically deranged individuals .
imho
I see this as we speak of France ahead of the invasion by the US in 1944. I am sure that millions of Americans did not want their youth invading any country much less France. But to beat Hitler it was then considered worth invading France to end the nazis. Somebody will help Ukraine. Be it us or more from Germany or from Poland it will be helped to defeat the Russians.

A permanent American base in Poland would be only possible with a bilateral defense pact with Poland. Japan and Germany accepted the US occupation after they were defeated. Poland may not be ready for being occupied and losing political independence. The mutual defense pact with Japan was signed because Kishi and other LDP leaders were bribed by Washington, enriching themselves via the M-Fund that had existed in Japan for more than 40 years until the 1990s.

Trump poured millions of dollars in Arms into Poland plus he put our troops there. Maybe your problem was solved by Trump.

I was sent by Kennedy to Germany in 1962 and we had many divisions also based in Germany at the time. We have had divisions based in Korea and even Japan now. I do not understand the hate for Reagan who actually put the end to the Soviets. Defense used to be a good word.

I agree with placing troops in Poland but not in countries that just joined NATO when Putin rattled his sword.
Fuck them.
Currently, a total of about 10,000 troops of the US armed forces are stationed in Poland, primarily as part of a rotational presence. V Corps Forward Headquarters is one of the US military installations in Poland, located in Camp Kościuszko in Poznań as part of the US Army permanent presence.

Increasing the US military presence in Poland - Gov.pl​

We do need 'forward' posted units in nations bordering Russia, and not just in Poland.

They would serve as 'tripwires' in a Russian invasion comes, engaging American troops that would bring US and NATO to that nation's defense.

[Thank you, Litwin] Army spokesperson Col. Roger Cabiness II told Army Times, however, that “forward basing of an ABCT is not a simple task.” Doing so would require diplomatic and legislative approvals both at home and abroad.

The report’s authors also recommended that the Air Force station an additional F-16 squadron in Germany; increase anti-submarine warfare capability and air defense forces; bolster stockpiles of prepositioned equipment and ammunition; and continue modernization, cyber, space and security cooperation efforts

www.armytimes.com

Army should permanently station armor brigade in Poland, report argues

The Center for Strategic and International Studies said the Army should reduce its Europe rotations in favor of permanent bases.
www.armytimes.com
www.armytimes.com
yes, we must put more pressure on Moscow 🇷🇺 empire !

Forum List

Back