.Wisconsin school district dropped book on Japanese-American incarceration during WWII from curriculum, arguing that the story was 'unbalanced'

No, it was a work of fiction about one Japanese girls experience. Did you not read the link?
These days you cant get away with bashing white people - Americans - without presenting both sides

Not one of FDR's finer moments. BYW one of leading voices in Congress against Japanese internment was conservative GOP Senator Robert Taft.
I wonder how many koreans and chinese were not mistaken for japanese and killed thank to internment?

These days you cant get away with bashing white people - Americans - without presenting both sides.

It's a work of fiction based upon a young Japanese girl in the camps.

😄

Cause he interned Japanese Americans? It was a shitty thing to do but at least he wasn't a slaver.
He threw over 100,000 AMERICANS into CONCENTRATION CAMPS, turned away a shipload of Jews who were escaping from the Nazis thus sending them back to their doom, was chief executive during the Tuskegee experiments, fucked up the US economy for decades (and counting), and was an unfaithful racist POS.

Ann Zielke, a parent of a student in the district, told NBC News that School Board Vice President Terri Boyer claimed the book offered an "unbalanced" account of historical events.

"What she said to me was that we actually need an 'American' perspective,'" Zielke said, adding that the people in the internment camps were Americans.

In Wisconsin this time.
Teenagers are not to learn that the US was mean to Japanese Americans during the war..
It speaks volumes about the GOPs view of Americans who do not look like them.
Your liberties are disappeaing every day.
FDR locked Japanese Americans in camps

He threw over 100,000 AMERICANS into CONCENTRATION CAMPS, turned away a shipload of Jews who were escaping from the Nazis thus sending them back to their doom, was chief executive during the Tuskegee experiments, fucked up the US economy for decades (and counting), and was an unfaithful racist POS.
Which is all very shitty but not quite the level of shitty of keeping humans in bandage, brutalizing them to work on your behalf and selling away their children and raping their wives and daughters. Maybe you don't think so because you're a racist piece of shit who doesn't care what happens to black people?

Which is all very shitty but not quite the level of shitty of keeping humans in bandage, brutalizing them to work on your behalf and selling away their children and raping their wives and daughters. Maybe you don't think so because you're a racist piece of shit who doesn't care what happens to black people?
Maybe you're a clown who is desperate to believe anyone and everyone is a racist? How lovely do you think life is for prisoners in a concentration camp surrounded by razor wire and armed gun towers? Stop trying too hard.

Maybe you're a clown who is desperate to believe anyone and everyone is a racist? How lovely do you think life is for prisoners in a concentration camp surrounded by razor wire and armed gun towers? Stop trying too hard.
I said it was a pretty shitty thing to do. Do you not know how to fucking read? 😄

I'm not the coward trying to deflect from answering whether they think being in a Japanese American internment camp was worse than the raping, selling and brutalizing labor endured by the slaves of some former Presidents. 😄

Ann Zielke, a parent of a student in the district, told NBC News that School Board Vice President Terri Boyer claimed the book offered an "unbalanced" account of historical events.

"What she said to me was that we actually need an 'American' perspective,'" Zielke said, adding that the people in the internment camps were Americans.

In Wisconsin this time.
Teenagers are not to learn that the US was mean to Japanese Americans during the war..
It speaks volumes about the GOPs view of Americans who do not look like them.
Your liberties are disappeaing every day.
What they should be learning is that who controlled America at the time were Roosevelt and Democrats on the Hill pushing and leading this policy. While they are at it, let the Students learn about how under the same President and Democrat leaders, there was such a sentiment of AntiSemitism that a driving force behind US support for the creation of the State of Israel following WW2 was so that the US could limit or divert the number of Jews coming to the US.

I said it was a pretty shitty thing to do. Do you not know how to fucking read? 😄

I'm not the coward trying to deflect from answering whether they think being in a Japanese American internment camp was worse than the raping, selling and brutalizing labor endured by the slaves of some former Presidents. 😄

Not everything is about slavery. Give it a rest.

Not everything is about slavery. Give it a rest.
The man said FDR was the biggest scumbag to ever hold office for his internment of Japanese American. In that context its entirely reasonable to point out some Presidents were Slavers. I know some of you snowflakes would prefer not to remember that some American Presidents, maybe even some you're fond of, were indeed piece of shit slavers. But that's the reality.

Forum List

Back