Windows 10 on my cheap Acer laptop keeps badgering me to update on a regular basis. It's annoying.

Ringel05

You're the USMB computer expert here. What the fuck can I do about this?
It's badgering you to upgrade to Windows 11? Or is it badgering you to upgrade to Windows 10? Or are they just Windows 10 updates?
should one update to 11?....
The option won't be available until 2022 unless it's the beta version for testing. If he's getting Win 11 upgrade notifications it's a virus thing. What I suspect is he's getting Win 10 version and security update notifications. If that's the case he needs to download those and update his Windows 10.

Muhammed
You can recycle the 35 days again and again by using a hack
W10 can even get stuck during updates which causes a compete crash and erase

What I hate is when a program you have to have insist on you using Windows 10.
Such as when Quickbooks enterprise required it.
So I had to buy a new PC for my office computer... good thing was I got an SSD, so that is awesome. But the drawback is at least twice a month I log in and the computer has restarted.. and wants me to look at reminders like "switch to edge!"... "you haven't logged into M$ cloud"... or when they try and disguise that fact as if there is a problem... "there is a problem with your M$ cloud account"... yeah Sherlock, I never set one up.. no doubt many people just give in and set it up - unaware that as soon as you do that - you just gave Microsoft total access to everything on your desktop, all of your documents and emails.

I’m done with Microsoft. When my current machine goes tits up, I’ll be going Mac.

Windows has gotten far too annoying and cutesy.

Forum List

Back